Arod Or Manny Ramirez??

Dwillisster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, A-rod, no contest...

I would go with A-Rod as well, but I wouldn't say it's a no contest. They are both great hitters and arguably couple of the best hitters in the game.

BTW, it still astonishes me that Manny hasn't won a MVP award yet; especially with the numbers he has put up.

I would go with A-Rod as well, but I wouldn't say it's a no contest. They are both great hitters and arguably couple of the best hitters in the game.

BTW, it still astonishes me that Manny hasn't won a MVP award yet; especially with the numbers he has put up.

No MVP For Manny Cause Of His Defense... A-rod Is A Complete Player And Manny Can ONly HIt

Manny. Two words. Playoff production.

You know what really pisses me off about what you said Wrigleyville? It's that I agree with every word you wrote! :)

A-Rod is a &*^*ing choker when it comes to the playoffs. As soon as this pretty boy SOB starts showing some cajones in the playoffs then that's how it is. *&^& HIM and the rest of his team.

And this is coming from a Yankee fan.

No MVP For Manny Cause Of His Defense... A-rod Is A Complete Player And Manny Can ONly HIt

no mvp for manny because the mvp is just a subjective award and has absolutely no meaning on how good a player is. plenty of guys won for their offense only. but to answer the question, i'll take the guy who will help you win. i've yet to see a-rod be that difference maker for any team he's been with. having the highest paid player on your team doesn't mean you got the best player.

Basing it off of MVPs is silly because the BWAA likes to just make it up as they go along. It possibly looks like Ryan Howard will end up with 2 MVP awards after this season, 1 more than Albert Pujols.

And no one with a brain would argue that Ryan Howard is a better player than Albert Pujols.

Yeah, but Howard is in his peak, which in all likelihood will be shorter than Pujols' (athleticism, etc.). Unfortunately, Pujols is a Musial-type player, in a smaller media market and too easy to overlook. It took a 7 slugging for Musial to get his 2nd and final MVP.

You must feel the same way about that Jim Konstanty MVP as I do about the Giambi MVP in 2000 and all the time Williams got jobbed to the Yankees.

(A-rod, due to positional scarcity if nothing else)

As far as hitting they are about even, Manny gets higher average but doesnt have as much pop.

The reason A-Rod gets the big bucks though is because he fields a premium position and does it very well. If Manny was a gold glove outfielder he'd be signed already. Manny is only half the player A-Rod is because hes a detriment in the feild.

ManRam from a Yankee fan. I'd say A-Rod has not been the same player as he was pre-2001. Ever since Clemens threw near his head, he has had a big hole in his swing, has become HR and pull happy, and can't come through in the playoffs. Pre-2001, he was a complete player who hit to all fields for high contact, great power, he was a great fielder and a great runner. He has bombed out at an easier position now, and since game 4 2004 ALCS he's downright sucked. In fact his performances in the postseason have caused guys like Jeter, Williams, and Posada to suck with him. Also in 07, when he was, "carrying the team" we were pretty awful. In fact the Yanks didn't start playing well until A-Rod vanished in April and the rest of the team started hitting. All pitchers have to do is throw an offspeed pitch down and away and he'll strike out or hit a foul pop-out. On an 0-2 count of course

Manny. Two words. Playoff production.

I agree with this. I say Manny, because this is the difference breaker. Yeah, A-Rod has done it all, more home runs, a better glove and lots of money. Manny's only downfall is his fielding, thats because he's a complete bafoon. But if you really want to get into who is better, I have to say Manny because he's actually led a team to a championship, which A-Rod hasn't done. When A-Rod leads the Yankees to a World Series Championship or 2, then you can argue that A-Rod is better than Manny.

And also, Manny is just a clutch hitter at times, he seems to do it naturally, even at his age, he still kills it.

ManRam from a Yankee fan. I'd say A-Rod has not been the same player as he was pre-2001. Ever since Clemens threw near his head, he has had a big hole in his swing, has become HR and pull happy, and can't come through in the playoffs. Pre-2001, he was a complete player who hit to all fields for high contact, great power, he was a great fielder and a great runner. He has bombed out at an easier position now, and since game 4 2004 ALCS he's downright sucked. In fact his performances in the postseason have caused guys like Jeter, Williams, and Posada to suck with him. Also in 07, when he was, "carrying the team" we were pretty awful. In fact the Yanks didn't start playing well until A-Rod vanished in April and the rest of the team started hitting. All pitchers have to do is throw an offspeed pitch down and away and he'll strike out or hit a foul pop-out. On an 0-2 count of course

tell me this is a joke. Arod's bad performance in the playoffs made Jeter and Posada worse? This is either the most sarcastic or dumbest post I've seen on this site.

Also, Arod is very solid defensively and he "sucked" really hard the last 3 seasons right?

I would argue the usage of terms as "clutch hitting" and that he needs to win a WS ring are completely irrelevant, but I don't think it would find much sympathy.

Seriously? Wow. 8O

Archived