Arod Or Manny Ramirez??

Dwillisster

This thread is a good example of why he almost shrivled up in 2006. Everyone analyzes every little thing about this guy (stats post head throwing at, since 2004 ALCS Game 4, how he does on the first 3 days after the regular season, etc.) and then since he's got security issues he thinks too much and screws up.

On the flip side, Manny gets by with stuff like, "I saw him hit a big HR one time. He's sooo cluch and I love him. Aww, look at him bobble that pop fly and then laugh about it afterward. Manny being Manny!!"

No one gets over analyzed like A-Rod. Prob cause people have to come up with ways to diss him.

About the playoffs:

2004 ALCS, Games 1-3: A-Rod, Matsui, Jeter, Sheff, all the good bats were hitting over .600

2004 ALCS, Games 4-7: they ALL stunk. That's why any Yankee fan will admit that as soon as the series went to Game 6 , we knew it was over.

2005 - 2007: Aside from Jeter's one game in 2006 when he got 4 hits (in which A-Rod did manage one, too!), the whole team's done pretty bad. Got abused by Carmona in 2007, Kenny "Suddenly Revigorated with Brown Hands" Rogers in 2006.

And, as someone else pointed out, A-Rod has a pretty decent composite line for post-season play anyway.

Anywho. My opinion on the matter:

A-Rod, because he and Manny have roughly the same stick, but A-Rod fields, has a cannon, and is excellent on the basepaths. However, I will not protest if the Yankees sign Manny in the offseason :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed reading the posts about causation and correlation. The first thing I thought of was .... the Redskins losing the game before the election caused the incumbent party to lose. Interesting article from 11/1/04 saying Kerry will win because the Redskins lost (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1913509. Causation anyone?

Anywho. My opinion on the matter:

A-Rod, because he and Manny have roughly the same stick, but A-Rod fields, has a cannon, and is excellent on the basepaths. However, I will not protest if the Yankees sign Manny in the offseason :D

Same here. They both hit but one is a better fielder and is better on the basepaths.

Archived