MVPmods (early!) Christmas

Sean O

Monday through Saturday of this week, check in as we release a stadium a night. Ranging from the '50s through the '90s, each will greatly enhance the site's classic total-conversion mods.

Hope you stop by, and I hope you enjoy. First park released Monday night, 12.8 at some random time. I'll try to stop by the chat this week if anyone has questions/comments.

Thanks to the countless modders who worked so diligently and devotedly on all these projects, it is most appreciate by everyone.

Hint #1: I hope you're blown away by the first release.

Dead or dying? Plenty of us are still going strong on the modding front (especially in the area of Classics).

As I've always said: MLB the show for everything modern, MVP for everything classic. There's a good reason why my parks tend to get designed and first released in the TCs, since that's what I play and is MVP's greatest current strength.

So, in the next week, visitors will get parks designed specifically for '56, '61, '64, '67, '69, '78 and '88, and the same are period-accurate for '51 and '94.

heh i dont know if citi feild is eer gonna get a release finally saw the inside in person and i dont know if its worth the time, i didnt think they could possibly downgrade from Shea but, the mets never fail to amaze....

Yankee stadium is not as great as it could have been either but, i dont know it feel like a nicer version of the old stadium and really looks like players in pinstripes belong on the feild. If i was blind folded and dumped there id know who played there, i cnat say that about Citi feild is just look kind of generic and bland, no personality.

The modern gme is dead here, but the classics will reign for a long time. Frankly the classics are more fun than the modern game anyway. Keep it up!

I wouldn't say dead.

I play mixing modern rosters with old stadiums. I just finished a Dodgers dynasty using Ebbets as the home field.

So I hope the site keeps churning out both classics and modern stuff.

Awesome, now I'm young and don't know too much about this park, but is this the same exact foundation for the SF 49ers stadium today? If so, that's quite a freakin' overhaul.

http://72.46.236.202/nm_files/2008SEATINGDIAGRAM.pdf

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1235/610130...155b52f90_o.jpg

I always see this on TV (whenever 49ers games are on here), what's up w/ those weird spaces in the corner endzones?

I've seen the outside photos on flickr as well, the concourses must be a dump here. Is the Bay area just known for ridiculous stadiums (minus AT&T)?

Monster/Candlestick and McAfee (or w/e it is now) are 2 of the worst looking stadiums in sports.

this is cool thx, i could be wrong but ar'nt there suppose to be (2) .txt files, i only see 1, and when i renamed the braves.txt, to turnday and turnnite, and over wrote the ones that orginaly came with the 51 mod, i loaded the game, the field looked amazing, but the players were in hyper mode! i know i did somthing wrong, can you guys tell me what?

edit, went back in game, and changed the 1 ,txt file, and renamed it to both like the read me said, than just put them int he data folder, loaded gm up worked good!, through 3 innings!, so hopefully what i did was correct, ill do more testing tho, but the park is nice! ty

782jq1.jpg

781ob3.jpg

783iy3.jpg

Enclosed after the 1970 season (and turfed, regrettably), Candlestick was still a cold place to be. The massive new outfield seating blocked the view of San Francisco bay, and the RF retractable seating section was a strange backdrop for baseball.

The 1978 version includes the incredible artificial turf texture from rolie, while by '88 it had reverted to natural grass. Otherwise, the '78 and '88 are identical, with the only historical inaccuracies being the details on the scoreboard and the end location of the luxury boxes.

The weird aux. seating area was not yet built by '88 off the CF upper deck and was omitted, and I decided to put NL team logos on the fences instead of the retired numbers.

Enjoy.

this is a very nice christmas present

i've installed them in the 1969 mods

both the braves and the 61 candlestick

and they realy give a great feel to this game

ireally enjoy the sixties cause i remember all the players

but i like the look of the 50's mod betteras

for the 78/99 candlestick it's great with the 70/80 mod

wich i am playing now in a tournament exhibition

and the expos are not so bad

many thanks

i'd really like to know if i can get yankees stadium 69 beta