Dylan's Mvp Baseball 2005 Batter Rating Calculator - Support Topic

DylanBradbury

You guys asked me for a simple calculator, so I made a simple calculator. Relax man. <_<

Relax? What exactly did I say? You told us we were wrong, and we tried to explain it to you. Don't take everything so personal... It's just the internet.... :)

Plus, we both really like you, and your programs...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relax? What exactly did I say? You told us we were wrong, and we tried to explain it to you. Don't take everything so personal... It's just the internet.... :)

Plus, we both really like you, and your programs...

The original formulas you guys gave me was: HR/AB.

I made a calculator for it.

You then decided it would be better to be hr/(ab-k). Makes sense, but HR% = hr/ab.

It's like you asking me what 5+5 is. I say 10. You say you were hoping it was 11.

:blink: UGH!!!

The original formulas you guys gave me was: HR/AB.

I made a calculator for it.

You then decided it would be better to be hr/(ab-k). Makes sense, but HR% = hr/ab.

It's like you asking me what 5+5 is. I say 10. You say you were hoping it was 11.

:blink: UGH!!!

Well, the problem is, in this case, if you look at the editor, 5+5 is 11. Were not saying thats how it is supposed to be, we agree that it is supposed to be hr/ab.... We are just saying that in this case, hr/(ab-k) is what it wants...

It's cool though, we never asked you to make a new one, and we appreciated the one you did make. :)

Plus, I will leave this alone now.. No since it making it drag on...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am trying to imput stats for my AAA, AA, and A teams. I am having difficulty finding splits for Avg and Slg. Anyone have a website or a solution to this problem for minor leaguers.

Sorry I couldn't get to your post sooner. In future versions I'll include a link.

Thanks kg for responding. It is a great site.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dylan, Ive just found your calculator and I mean..man..awesome!. congrats to you man!

I have a question: the bunting, discp, dur, stealagg,bassability numbers gives a 0-15 result (I think) so, since Im not using mvpedit to update my players I was wondering how to convert them to 100's accurately (the way the player edit asks for them IN the game [console]). Your defense calculator comes with a conversion table, would it be ok to use that table or could you give me some new little table for this ratings?

Big thanks-congrats to you!

Sorry for bad english

Hi Dylan, Ive just found your calculator and I mean..man..awesome!. congrats to you man!

I have a question: the bunting, discp, dur, stealagg,bassability numbers gives a 0-15 result (I think) so, since Im not using mvpedit to update my players I was wondering how to convert them to 100's accurately (the way the player edit asks for them IN the game [console]). Your defense calculator comes with a conversion table, would it be ok to use that table or could you give me some new little table for this ratings?

Big thanks-congrats to you!

Sorry for bad english

Yep. It's the same scale. Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you like it.

For your reference:

15 99

14 95

13 90

12 85

11 80

10 75

09 70

08 65

07 60

06 55

05 50

04 40

03 30

02 20

01 10

00 00

It breaks my heart that the new ratings Im getting (very realistic thou) are lowering even more my padres that those set up by the new kg rosters...

I recall that you wanted some feedback and ideas for these calculators right? I think they are pretty good and they work EXACTLY as I want them to work for my players, but since Im (we?) copying the stats from websites to the calcs (defense+batting or defense+batting+pitching) FOR ME it would be very cool an option to let "allways on top" the calculators. I dont know ANYTHING about programming, asking to calculate ratings to more players at the same time (2?, 5? 10? 25?) is too much?

Not being negative at all.

Anyway..thanks for the answer and the table Dylan!!

It breaks my heart that the new ratings Im getting (very realistic thou) are lowering even more my padres that those set up by the new kg rosters...

I recall that you wanted some feedback and ideas for these calculators right? I think they are pretty good and they work EXACTLY as I want them to work for my players, but since Im (we?) copying the stats from websites to the calcs (defense+batting or defense+batting+pitching) FOR ME it would be very cool an option to let "allways on top" the calculators. I dont know ANYTHING about programming, asking to calculate ratings to more players at the same time (2?, 5? 10? 25?) is too much?

Not being negative at all.

Anyway..thanks for the answer and the table Dylan!!

Unfortunately, my programming ability is quite limited. I don't know how to make it "always on top" or output more than one player's ratings. Sorry mate.

diether, have you used my other programs?

Tnx Kg! I just hope someone convert them to the xbox

Dylan: Ive used your calculators only, I dont know where I could use the split estimator and I dont have mvp 2004 game, and since the pitcher rating calc gives me the stamina for the pitcher Ive passed on the stamina only calc. I dont know if you have released another program in this site, these were the ones I found.

Dont worry about my so called suggestions, they were just that, the calcs are just perfect, for me at least.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

First off thanks for the I must say I was skeptical at first however the more I use it the more I like it. One tiny problem I have found though is that for a major league hitter, the left handed contact seems to top out at a .376 avg. In otherwords if someone hits 375 against lefties then they will have a 99 rating. However if a hitter hits 400 vs lefties there rating is 96 and as the avgs increase the ratings decrease. My first thought was that you where just fitting the numbers to the curve and either forgot or couldn't fix it so that the numbers didn't plummit with the curve after the peak. This does seem part right however if a hitter hits 421 the rating goes up to a hunderd. So it seems you do have a fix in there just to late. Clearly this is a minor problem, not many hitters hit 400 against lefties, and those that do I can figure should be rated as a 100, however, I still figure you might want to know of this bug.

First off thanks for the I must say I was skeptical at first however the more I use it the more I like it. One tiny problem I have found though is that for a major league hitter, the left handed contact seems to top out at a .376 avg. In otherwords if someone hits 375 against lefties then they will have a 99 rating. However if a hitter hits 400 vs lefties there rating is 96 and as the avgs increase the ratings decrease. My first thought was that you where just fitting the numbers to the curve and either forgot or couldn't fix it so that the numbers didn't plummit with the curve after the peak. This does seem part right however if a hitter hits 421 the rating goes up to a hunderd. So it seems you do have a fix in there just to late. Clearly this is a minor problem, not many hitters hit 400 against lefties, and those that do I can figure should be rated as a 100, however, I still figure you might want to know of this bug.

Hey Tyger, you're ideology is correct, however there is more to the contact formula than just batting average... Therefore it's not really a bug. I do however appreciate you taking the time to contact me, and I'm glad you like the calculator. Have you tried my other calculators? If so, what do you think of them?

• 3 weeks later...

I am pretty close with finishing the ratings portion of a roster. I told Dylan that I have made tweaks in my ratings where I feel necessary (stats don't always tell the whole story, but they tell most of it, so the ratings are pretty solid, but there are a few times you have to adjust for realism sake), so they wont be 100% made from this editor (and the pitching and defense one as well), but 90-95% will be.

My roster is an all-time one, not a current one, though. I am not to sure how detailed I am gonna make this roster (so far, just the top 25 guys on the MLB roster, as chosen by me, with ratings and a photo of each player.), but future updates may add more if I see there is interest.

In the future I may expand it to a AAA level with the next best 25 guys for each team. I may also add some audio for some of the bigger name guys in future updates. Maybe some better looking photos. Right now it is just the best photo I could find on Google, cropped out to the right size. Not all of them look all that great (try finding good quality shots of players from the 1800's that show any details of a guys face. Sometimes it's kinda tough)

When I decide I am comfortable with it, I will likely release it for testing first, before I actually upload to the site.

See if any changes need to be made, fix em, and upload Version 1 here for full release.

has anyone made, and posted rosters with these ratings yet?

Thanks for the shoutout briiian. I'm glad you like my rating generator.

I am pretty close with finishing the ratings portion of a roster. I told Dylan that I have made tweaks in my ratings where I feel necessary (stats don't always tell the whole story, but they tell most of it, so the ratings are pretty solid, but there are a few times you have to adjust for realism sake), so they wont be 100% made from this editor (and the pitching and defense one as well), but 90-95% will be.

My roster is an all-time one, not a current one, though. I am not to sure how detailed I am gonna make this roster (so far, just the top 25 guys on the MLB roster, as chosen by me, with ratings and a photo of each player.), but future updates may add more if I see there is interest.

In the future I may expand it to a AAA level with the next best 25 guys for each team. I may also add some audio for some of the bigger name guys in future updates. Maybe some better looking photos. Right now it is just the best photo I could find on Google, cropped out to the right size. Not all of them look all that great (try finding good quality shots of players from the 1800's that show any details of a guys face. Sometimes it's kinda tough)

When I decide I am comfortable with it, I will likely release it for testing first, before I actually upload to the site.

See if any changes need to be made, fix em, and upload Version 1 here for full release.

emath, thanks for always supporting my rating calculators.

I don't know if you're using any cyberfaces from other mods for your roster; but if you are, make sure you ask their respective creators for permission.

Dylan:

First off, nope, I am not using any faces. If people want an updated models.big, they can download them and install them themselves. I don't want to have to include a models.big.

Second. I was referring to an actual photo file, with pics I installed for each player, not face files.

Third. Thanks for the reminder, but you apparently don't remember that I have told you on a couple of occasions... I have been modding games (just not MVP) for 5 or 6 years publicly, and even longer in private (for my own use). I am not an idiot, I understand the rules of modding. :) Even if I don't agree with them 100% (anyone can use my stuff, with or without asking. But, if you use my stuff, and it's still 99% mine, I will make sure to let everyone know, if you don't ;) In other words, use it for whatever, but give credit.), I know others do, so I will follow them.

• 1 month later...

Hey Folks!

I updated by Batting Rating Calculator today!

Version 14.6 now has...

- Hot/Cold Zones

- A bench/part-time player penalty into the formulas

- An improved interface

And is...

- "Always on top"

As well, I've gotten quite a few questions regarding why left and right contact/power ratings differ when the averages are the same. Simple answer, each rating (Contact vs. Left, Contact vs. Right, Power vs. Left, Power vs. Right) uses different formulae. Hope that clears up some misconceptions about a "bug".

Enjoy Version 14.6!

Hey Folks!

I updated by Batting Rating Calculator today!

Version 14.6 now has...

- Hot/Cold Zones

- A bench/part-time player penalty into the formulas

- An improved interface

And is...

- "Always on top"

As well, I've gotten quite a few questions regarding why left and right contact/power ratings differ when the averages are the same. Simple answer, each rating (Contact vs. Left, Contact vs. Right, Power vs. Left, Power vs. Right) uses different formulae. Hope that clears up some misconceptions about a "bug".

Enjoy Version 14.6!

One word: AWESOME!

How come people dont use your calculators for MVP mods :huh:

One word: AWESOME!

How come people dont use your calculators for MVP mods :huh:

Thanks coco! I appreciate the kind words.

Other people might not use them because they have their own methods that work just as good, if not better!

For some reason, the update didn't update on the site (it was still version 12.6), I just fixed it.

Archived