Dylan's Mvp Baseball 2005 Batter Rating Calculator - Support Topic

DylanBradbury

gJDFF.png

The ratings that are on a 1-15 scale correspond to the following values:

j1MIk.png

Hope this helps.

Okay, I have a couple of questions. One for Dylan, and one for whomever can answer it.

#1: Pertaining to the above exchange. So, you dont need to enter anything in the splits section if you use the estimator?

#2: I asked Dylan this, and he has never experienced it, so he wasn't sure. Has anyone else had an issue with Dylan's calculators with Windows 7, and had the problem where the whole thing is all smushed together, and you can't see all of the ratings (after you calculate them), or even see all of the boxes you need to enter stats into?

If so, did you find a fix?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I have a couple of questions. One for Dylan, and one for whomever can answer it.

#1: Pertaining to the above exchange. So, you don't need to enter anything in the splits section if you use the estimator?

Exactly. Just choose the batter's handiness, and it'll estimate the splits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Dylan, thanks for this awesome tool!

I was trying to use the spreadsheet to pull stuff together, but when I copy the second table from baseball-ref it lists players who were paid but didn't play in the majors this year, so the name check fails. Is there any more efficient way to deal with that than individually deleting the rows for players to make them match up?

I skimmed the last 3 pages of this thread but did not find an answer.

Hey Dylan, thanks for this awesome tool!

I was trying to use the spreadsheet to pull stuff together, but when I copy the second table from baseball-ref it lists players who were paid but didn't play in the majors this year, so the name check fails. Is there any more efficient way to deal with that than individually deleting the rows for players to make them match up?

I skimmed the last 3 pages of this thread but did not find an answer.

It's a sort of workaround, but what I do is [Ctrl+F], and type the word failed. By clicking "Next," this will show me the next instance of the word, in other words, the next player whose name check has failed.

As well, I would recommend pasting values instead of deleting rows. Just copy all the rows below the first name check fail, and paste on top of the first name check fail. Keep doing this until all the rows pass.

(I'll try to post screenshots when I get a second.) Hope this helps.

Archived