MLB Network. Are You Getting It?

Mathew

The MLB Network launches tomorrow at 6PM for Comcast, DirecTV, Time Warner and a few other companies. I have done many things to find out what the channel is in my area and have come up with nothing. I've called comcast (my local SP) and they have given me no information on the channel or if it is even launching. I do not see how one company can be so uneducated on what they are providing their customers. I mean Comcast owns shares in the network! I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem in your area. I know a lot of the "major" markets have already had comcast announce the channel number in their area but nothing of the sort has been announced for Chattanooga, TN. Also are you looking forward to it? I think it should be real intersting. Below are a few articles that I found useful.

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/about/

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/shows/?id=3711020

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?...200812183720439

Ok, this sounds like this is going to suck. On that same link I gave you, click on TV SCHEDULE (right above the photo of Don Larsen) and take a look at what is going to be on the MLB Network on January 2nd. FOUR TIMES they will be showing the 2004 World Series highlights and THREE TIMES they will be showing part 1 of a five part series called Red Sox Memories.

What channel is the Disney Channel again?

Its channel 280 here in Philly. As a matter of fact its been on for a couple of weeks now. I mean its not broadcasting its just showing clips of how it got started from the ground up and how they got a whole new HD facility in NJ. They also tell the shows that are on it and the broadcast team.

Y4L, Jan 1st is when it launches but in Febuary they are launching their flagship show "MLB Tonight". The first month will be ok but in Feb it will really take off I think. Also when the season starts I see unlimited possiblites. If you enjoy that sort of thing. I like the NFL network also. It's just best to get the info from the source I guess. NBA Tv though needs to fix a lot. I wish their analysts would speak english sometimes.

All I know is that I am a DirectV customer and it says this channel will be assigned to channel 213. When it launches tomorrow I will turn on the TV at 6pm and that's when I'll see if I am getting screwed or not.

I used to have Directv, it wasn't too bad but my mom hated it since she didn't know any of the channel numbers. So we switched to TW in September but now at the stroke of midnight we lose all Viacom channel for every TW subscriber.

Off topic a bit bit. Do you subscribe to frontier internet or go with road runner? I found that each year frontier gets worse and worse for our area. I got to wait until May to actually switch to road runner. I cannot believe they charge you a 200 dollar fee for dropping them before the contract runs out.

Off topic a bit bit. Do you subscribe to frontier internet or go with road runner? I found that each year frontier gets worse and worse for our area. I got to wait until May to actually switch to road runner. I cannot believe they charge you a 200 dollar fee for dropping them before the contract runs out.

I have Roadrunner. I've had it since 1999 and I am satisfied with it.

I wonder why everyone else has it now. I have DirecTV too and as of right now the the channel doesn't exist. Hopefully it will change after midnight.

Yea, I don't have it yet either. I'm hoping for a midnight update.

I wonder why everyone else has it now. I have DirecTV too and as of right now the the channel doesn't exist. Hopefully it will change after midnight.

I did the same thing today. I clicked it to 213 and it said the channel was not available. I'll be checking tomorrow.

Archived