Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maestro.

Thoughts? I have you still been reading the forums over at 0S and 2K? Most directly the previews from the mods and whoever else have the final copy?

One thing that I will agree with is that someone over there had said that at least there is a sports genre again on PC. They were just saying how EA totally abandoned us this year, though I guess their coming back? Well won't be long and we will see what we paid for...Cross-fingers..

I went into GameStop last night for the midnight launch of Halo Wars, and picked this up instead. It was the only PC copy they had...

Anyway, my initial impressions:

The game seems buggy. In two games, I ran into the following problems:

- With the Orioles, I had an error with Brian Roberts... the ball went past third base and got stuck in between the rolled-up tarp and the wall. I couldn't get back there to get it, and every runner scored.

- With a runner on first, the computer team singled into right field. I threw it back in, but the game wouldn't continue. I didn't know what was up, so I threw to first base and the runner was out. It was really strange. It's like he rounded first a little bit and then got stuck there.

- Someone (I think Geovany Soto) singled into right field, and Ryan Ludwick threw him out before he got to first... ugh...

Beyond that, other stuff that sucks: I'm pretty sure the PC version is missing features. I didn't see an option to add custom music to pitcher entrances / batter walk-up's. I know this is in The Show, but I thought I read it was in 2K as well. I think the PC version is also missing gameplay changes. I didn't see an option to switch to classic hitting, or the three-stage pitching. I didn't look that extensively, but I don't think it's there. I wasn't able to get Hitter's Eye to show up at all, either. I tried all of the buttons, but none of them triggered that...

As far as positives go...

The game looks really good. It seems like it's a good port (but then again, at this stage it seems like a good port of a mediocre game). It's really smooth. The presentation is awesome. They constantly change views, and it really does seem like you're watching a TV telecast.

Honestly, for $20 I would recommend giving it a shot. I think the game will grow on me the more I play it.

I guess the only thing waiting to complete this "initial impressions" review of mine is a follow-up, unproductive, "lol 2k sux"-themed post from Raptor or Pirate.

If you polish a turd it's still a turd.

That's the last of my debating this game's worth. I promise. I will now wait to see the reaction of the people here.

I can't believe you said that. I've been saying the exact same thing about this game for the past couple days.

Dive? Yes, off the top of my head I can't remember which button....I keep using the practice feature to get real comfortable with all the new buttons and what not...Great feature by the way...I love "climbing the wall!!"

And I do not mean the outfielders, though they can dive too....I meant the infielders can dive to get the ball as well!

Dive? Yes, off the top of my head I can't remember which button....I keep using the practice feature to get real comfortable with all the new buttons and what not...Great feature by the way...I love "climbing the wall!!"

And I do not mean the outfielders, though they can dive too....I meant the infielders can dive to get the ball as well!

Archived