Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The face looks good, but there's something about the shoulders that has been a problem ever since 2k came out with their baseball games. I'd like to think that EA would do a much better job, and I would buy a console just for that if they ever get the license back.

At first, I was also impressed with the look of the crowd...the "real living world" crowd. But then I decided to look at a similar shot from 2k8. Alas, the crowd looks slightly better in 2k9, but I wouldn't go as far to say the crappy looking crowds from 2k8 are gone. Nor would I say the crowd spacing problem has been addressed. Also, shouldn't the crowd in 2k9 be wearing mostly orange and black??

On a positive note, the lighting in 2k9 looks better (smoother, not washed out), but I think Roy O. is in a day game and Lincecum is in a night game so it might be deceiving.

2k8

Pitching-83.jpg

2k9

Lincecum-13.jpg

from pastapadre.com:

Living Rosters – Active roster updates guarantee your game is current. Rosters are automatically updated behind the scenes, so you’re never late on a trade and always have the hottest players in your starting lineup.

With The Show doing weekly updates this was a necessary addition. It will be interesting to see the rate and accuracy at which they keep up with the rosters. There is a lot more happening in the MLB during a given week than in the NBA. More transactions, more new players that can be added, and more results to consider.

Franchise Mode – Take charge of your franchise and enjoy the all-new MLB.com presentation style, a new level of CPU customization, multi-player functionality, and real player ambitions.

MLB.com presentation in franchise meshes with NBA.com presentation in NBA 2K9. One of the benefits of the studio move was that the 2K Sports titles produced out of there would be familiar from title to title in design and feature sets.

New Broadcast Team – Gary Thorne provides the play by play calls alongside color analyst Steve Phillips giving a new perspective and more depth for a true-to-life, insightful broadcast. With improved sound effects including real time crowd noise you’ll feel like you’re actually sitting in the park.

This is one of the biggest changes. After 2K8’s commentary that was unchanged from 2K7 (unless you count editing out the “Devil” before Rays and replacing with a pause) it was one of the biggest community requests.

Obviously there are critical areas that 2K has to address that went unmentioned in the features. Such aspects of the game coming back to form are necessary after last year. The frame rate has to be smooth and consistent and online play performance must improve from what offered arguably the worst online play experience ever for a premiere sports title.

Well, other than the Big JC pitching for Boston...the problem I have with it, like all other 2K games it that everything looks disjointed. The mechanics of everything look terrible. They look like if Pinocchio played baseball. His one arm would flop one way, he leg would buckle at a weird moment and his other arm would come swinging through to throw the pitch.

I have to agree with an earlier post. Do any of these guys actually watch a baseball game??? What kind of shirts are the umpires wearing??? MLB Umps dont wear shirts like that?? It annoys me because I umpire baseball and the shirts in the game look idiotic. :angry: Short sleeve shirt with light blue long sleeve underneath?? I dunno? They should just go with long sleeve black at least it would look a little better. <_< I know some may say who cares its the umpires, but I feel it is part of the game and should be as real as it gets!!

Archived