Mlb 2k9 Screenshots, Info, Etc.

wrigleyville33

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they still have those strange body models, and I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but Jose Reyes' cyberface is mindblowingly bad.

That said, I might give it a try if it comes out on PC (and my computer can handle next gen graphics), however, I don't expect it to be all that great.

they still have those strange body models, and I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but Jose Reyes' cyberface is mindblowingly bad.

That said, I might give it a try if it comes out on PC (and my computer can handle next gen graphics), however, I don't expect it to be all that great.

im sure it'll have almost the same req. specs like NBA 2K9

• 2 weeks later...

From the looks of that Developer Diary it really seems like they took a lot of suggestions into account for this years game. It is always promising when the developers listen to the consumer. And now having Visual Concepts back at the helm, this game has a lot of promise. I, for one, am excited about it.

Almost everyone there was unrecognizable, although Vladdy and KRod looked ok. Some of the ratings look awful, but I suppose that's why I'm around. ;)

McCann looks horrible. The rest was okay, and you're right Kg, some of those ratings are way off. Hopefully these are the only things that will dissapoint.

what sets MLB 09 apart from MLB 2k9 in your opinion Jefe?

I think we can agree the graphics are probably going to be better. The attention to detail on a lot of things in the gameplay of the Show, hotshots, outfielder's routes, plays down the line, make for a better gameplay experience. Pitcher/Catcher interactions are also supposed to be pretty good. 40 Man Rosters, Arbitration, custom chants (although 2k's custom music isn't bad), seem to be better than 2k9. I will say that 2k9 will likely have the advantage in terms of individual player customization. The baggy jerseys, ability to manipulate size, and the accessories, are all pretty solid. 2k9's signature style likely will also be better. I think 2k9 will be a huge improvement this year, barring any framerate problems.

Also, did anybody notice Fat Albert's red helmet for the away jersey? Is this something new the Cards are doing? Also... Troy Tulowitzki a 79? Really? Ryan Howard an 86? I know he's not a sabermetric golden boy, but he's gotta be a little higher. Oh well, I'll change these myself.

Nobody take this the wrong way, but look at how ripped A-Rod is:

arod580_screen.jpg

The attention to detail looks pretty good. Too bad some of the faces aren't up to snuff. Also, look at the ribbing on his socks.

In the feature listing for the PC version...

Franchise Mode – Take charge of your franchise and enjoy the all-new MLB.com presentation style, a new level of CPU customization, multi-player functionality, and real player ambitions.

...so online leagues may be a possibility?

Not sure, but I know there was concern that there might not be an online component in the first PC release.

I for one, think it is great just to know they are releasing a PC version. Though I do not mod, I reserve hope that there will be hope and a possibility of fixing or modding the areas of 2K that are lacking. Personally, it looks good and sounds good. So for $20.00 how can you really lose, other than being let down and going right back to MVP? Seriously, the last 3-4 years I have not bought any baseball game. So I'm going to take the chance, I bought NBA2K since I wanted to see how it played and what it was like, I enjoy playing it and it looks pretty darn impressive.

Just my .2

Archived