Astrodome Wip

Pirate

Now Pirate -- That is the Astrodome I remember and was so amazed by during my 1st Major League Baseball game.

I often thought of asking someone to give it a shot but actually thought it would have been much too difficult to tackle !

You can't imagine how excited "As a Kid" I was to see your wip and that picture.

They actually lite up the scoreboard with all those lights & sounds after an Astros homerun or Astros Victory which during my 1st week end versus the Phillies & Pirates I really never got to see it in action due to no Astros homeruns nor victories. I really never even knew what it was supposed to do so I don't remember being too dissappointed by not seeing it but then on my second trip Rusty Staub put one out and later Jimmmy Wynn did the same so I saw it twice during that trip which turned out to be another lost for the Astros but that didn't really matter since I also saw Willie Mays hit a line shot directly over dead centerfield which I think was still rising when it cleared the fence.

Thanks Again for bringing these special memories back to life !

Don

Now Pirate -- That is the Astrodome I remember and was so amazed by during my 1st Major League Baseball game.

I often thought of asking someone to give it a shot but actually thought it would have been much too difficult to tackle !

You can't imagine how excited "As a Kid" I was to see your wip and that picture.

They actually lite up the scoreboard with all those lights & sounds after an Astros homerun or Astros Victory which during my 1st week end versus the Phillies & Pirates I really never got to see it in action due to no Astros homeruns nor victories. I really never even knew what it was supposed to do so I don't remember being too dissappointed by not seeing it but then on my second trip Rusty Staub put one out and later Jimmmy Wynn did the same so I saw it twice during that trip which turned out to be another lost for the Astros but that didn't really matter since I also saw Willie Mays hit a line shot directly over dead centerfield which I think was still rising when it cleared the fence.

Thanks Again for bringing these special memories back to life !

Don

Shoot, I was hoping I might evoke these kind of memories. I hope it can live up to them.

For now I am building the stadium with the lights static on the scoreboard. Down the road I may work have the lights only light up on a homerun. That would take a little work, but we'll see. There is still a lot of work to do!

Getting the scoreboard to light up for HRs should be easy since that is an event already in tanim.csv. Similiarly to the PNC Park Pepsi Bottle you could have it to where it is a 6 part image and stagger it. So the parts would be Astrodome-Astrodome Burst-Composite-black-black-HR Graphic. You could then put the first group of 3 as 1 row and the second group of 3 and row 2. Have them both be different parts that are coupled together but start on different rows. Thus, the HR animation will start at the same time but it will go Beat 1, Beat 2 and Beat 3. Beat 1 and 2 on the top are the exploding action while on the bottom they are blank. Beat 3 on top is whatever you want it to be and Beat 3 on bottom is the HR logo that appeared on the other side of the scoreboard after the explosion.

Make sense?

I wish I had the charge animation but I never could find a full group of images for it. I have these plus some little characters that appeared on the board that weren't animated.

I made these into strips for you.

astrodomehr.jpg

astrodomepitcher.jpg

astrodomeump.jpg

astrodomexplode.jpg

Archived