MVP Baseball 2005 Pitcher Rating Calculator

DylanBradbury

Hey folks! I updated my pitching calculator tonight...

The newest version has the following updates/features:

- Improved the velocity formulas

- Fastball velocity will always be the highest

- Added a sort function to sort pitches based on their default sort order in MVP (see above posts in this topic for details)

- The window is always on-top

- Updated the readme!

Enjoy!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the inputPitcher Generator, the only organization I can find is Toronto, and the rosters are out of date. How do I get other teams and updated rosters. I haven't even heard of most of these pitchers. Thanks in advance.

In the inputPitcher Generator, the only organization I can find is Toronto, and the rosters are out of date. How do I get other teams and updated rosters. I haven't even heard of most of these pitchers. Thanks in advance.

You put in your own pitcher stats. I just chose the 2003 Toronto Blue Jays, the first team I saw play.

It's explained in the readme and inside the generator, but basically you go to Baseball-Reference.com, find the team you want ratings for.

Next:

sort1.jpg

After that, highlight the pitcher's you want to ratings for...

jerrm2.jpg

And then paste the stats, into the inputPitcher Generator on the corresponding page (MLB, AAA, AA, A) ...

(Right click on "A2" > Paste Special... > Text > OK. (Do this as many times and for as many levels and organizations as you like/that can fit)

jerrm2.jpg

If you know what a pitcher throws, write them under the P2, P3, P4, P5 headings. And change the pitchers' organizations to the pitchers' organizations. (As long as there's an alpha-character under that heading.)

Go to the "User Interface" sheet, and click the "Create inputPitching.csv!" button. It'll create your inputPitching.csv! Go to the Pitching Rating Calculator and click "Import/Export" and your ratings will be created in outputPitching.csv, in the same folder as inputPitching.csv and the calculator.

Hope that helps!

I just updated the program Andy.

Try deleting your old version, and re-download. Also, make sure to enable macros.

Had no progress with the old Excel. Tried using the new one you uploaded with OpenOffice, it responded, but with this error:

A scripting framework error occured while running Basic script vnd.sun.star.script:Standard.Macro8?language=Basic&location=document.

Library: Standard

Module: 'Macro8'

Does not make a lot of sense to me.

Andy, you're enabling macros?

Yep. I manually searched through all the macro's available and that one wasn't there. Not quite sure why it's needed because it's not related to the processes that you've inputted but obviously the program is being a bit female.

Macro8 is the whole point of the program, it compiles the statistics table in the order needed for the Pitching Calculator.

I've checked the program on two different machines and Macro8 works (and shows up) both times. It's a similar macro to the one in the Fielding Input Generator, which I think worked for you. So I'm completely lost as to why it's not working.

If you never figure out a solution, make a spreadsheet in Excel, with the following columns in the following order:

Name,Org,Level,GP,GS,CG,IP,HR,BB,SO,ERA,P2,P3,P4,P5

and Save as type CSV (Comma delimited).

(Use NA for no pitch.)

Macro8 is the whole point of the program, it compiles the statistics table in the order needed for the Pitching Calculator.

I've checked the program on two different machines and Macro8 works (and shows up) both times. It's a similar macro to the one in the Fielding Input Generator, which I think worked for you. So I'm completely lost as to why it's not working.

If you never figure out a solution, make a spreadsheet in Excel, with the following columns in the following order:

Name,Org,Level,GP,GS,CG,IP,HR,BB,SO,ERA,P2,P3,P4,P5

and Save as type CSV (Comma delimited).

(Use NA for no pitch.)

Yeah I guess that's what I need to do. Just seems so odd.

Done it manually anyway, and it's bloody fantastic as usual :)

Thanks for the help Dylan. The only problem I had is about half of the row heights changed when I pasted it but I assume that isn't a big deal. The only question I have is, can you still put in how many seasons that the data is from? For instance, if I want to put in data from this season, it would be a decimal.

Thanks for the help Dylan. The only problem I had is about half of the row heights changed when I pasted it but I assume that isn't a big deal. The only question I have is, can you still put in how many seasons that the data is from? For instance, if I want to put in data from this season, it would be a decimal.

No problem jerm. Row heights shouldn't be changing (it didn't change for me), but I don't think it should matter too much. Just click the generate button and find out.

As for the number of seasons the data is from...

That is not needed, and as far as I can remember never needed for the pitching calculator.

Hope that makes sense.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived