Mvp Baseball 2005 Defensive Rating Calculator

DylanBradbury

Hey Folks!

After high-demand, and a lot of work, I updated the Defensive Rating Calculator to include a Import Export Feature! (Eventually, all my calculators will include this feature.)

Here is an excerpt from my readme file:

==The Import/Export Feature==

Included in the .rar file is a sample inputFielding.csv file. DO NOT RENAME OR EDIT THE

FIRST ROW.

Just enter the statistics under each corresponding column:

Name,Level,Position,GP,PO,A,E,Innings.

You can use Excel or many other spreadsheet programs, or use notepad and separate each stat by a comma (,), to enter your stats.

*If a fielder's innings played is unavailable just enter 0.*

Stats can be found at Baseball-Reference.com, which you can find a link to in the program.

I'm working on a script that would allow you to paste stats in from Baseball Reference and Baseball Cube, that would generate a inputFielding.csv. It will likely be included in the next version.

As well, if any users have trouble using the regular program, I've attached a setup program to this post: MVP_Baseball_2005__Defensive_Rating_Calculator_v12.10_Setup.rar

For all other users, you can download it here.

Enjoy!

Quick thank you to the people who came up with this idea

Hey folks!

My Defensive Rating Calculator has a tool to create the inputFielding.csv file needed for the Import/Export feature in the calculator. Now you can just paste your fielding stats from your favourite stats websites into spreadsheets, and it will do the work for you.

If you have any questions, ask them here.

As well, if anyone needs the setup file, here it is: MVP_Baseball_2005__Defensive_Rating_Calculator_v12.11_Setup.rar

Be sure to uninstall previous versions first!

Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Someone asked me to explain how to use this calculator, and rather than explaining it again and again to individual people, I'll explain it once here...

Thank-you for downloading Dylan Bradbury's MVP Baseball 2005 Defensive Rating Calculator!

Before you do anything be sure to unzip the MVPBaseball2005DefensiveRatingCalculatorv12.12.rar file.

You have two options for this calculator, you can

A) Calculate defensive ratings for an individual player, one at a time.

B) Calculate defensive ratings for a mass amount of players.

Section A: One player at a time

Step 1. Enter the amount of Games, put-outs (PO), assists (A), errors (E), and innings into their respective boxes.

Step 2. Under "Enter Position" choose the player's defensive position.

Step 3. Under "Select Level" choose the player's league level.

Step 4. Press "Calculate" and the ratings should be generated for the player.

Section B: Mass rating generation/More than one player at at time

To create the inputFielding file needed to export mass ratings...

Step 1. Open your unzipped folder, and then open inputFielding Generator.

You might be asked to enable macros. Make sure you enable them.

Step 2. Click each tab at the bottom of the page, and paste their statistics from Baseball-Reference.com or Baseball Cube. You can access these sites through the links on the "User Interface" sheet:

linskj.jpg

tabs.jpg

You can navigate through my spreadsheet using these tabs.

Step 3. Once you're done pasting all the statistics you want, return to "User Interface" and click the "Create inputFielding.csv!" button. You'll be asked what source you used for the MLB stats, make your choice. A message saying "inputFielding created" should appear. Click "OK."

Step 4. Open the actual program, Defensive Rating Calculator, and click the "Import/Export to file" button. The new ratings are created when the message saying "Import/Export Complete!" appears. The new ratings are are created in the same folder as all the other programs, in a file called outputFielding.csv.

I hope that makes sense.

If anyone has any questions about this calculator, ask them here. Chances are someone else has the same question, and that way I don't have to answer the same questions 1000 times each in PMs.

If this "mass edit" option were available for the pitching and batting ratings generators, I would, well I would be very happy ... and likely save 100+ hours of entering 3K players one by one.

Any idea if this could, or would, be done?

This function will be added to the both the pitching and batting calculators, and is currently being worked on. As I said to Andy: Just be patient. Very patient.

• 1 year later...

Archived