Mikey_h99's Cyberface Previews

mikey_h99

I was a little bored, so i figured maybe i would try cyberface making again. I downloaded Homer's cyberface video tutorial and this is what i came up with for my first try.

Ramon Hernandez:

371kz3.png

Here is his portrait if you don't know what he looks like:

150421rawcc8.jpg

And here are some in-game pics:

ramon1mn9.png

ramon2lo9.png

ramon3re3.png

ramon4lw4.png

Any feedback is welcome hope u like the in game shots.

I found out it was creating .fsh files but they were way to big i just tried to make another one and it was something like 256 kb instead of 64kb .I have never tried editing an existing .fsh file wouldnt have a clue how to do it. What do u think of my re-done texture.

Try editing an existing file. All you need to do is change the picture. Just make sure to edit a 2x cyberface and to decompress the file before editing it.

Your textures look really good. I like the second one for Hernandez better because he's not as pale as in the first. Looks more natural.

yeah that looks more like the skin tone i had in mind. excellent work on your first one. that's by far the best i've seen on a first attempt. the only thing you'll want to look at is the mapping of the eyes, especially the right eye; and the shape of the ears. everything else looks great.

as you do more and want to try new things, try playing around with the sharpening to see if you can get better details out. also maybe play with the burn tools and see what you can do with the facial hair. and if you get really adventurous, try adding more facial hair to him. remember, he has stubble all the way up to his sideburns, not just around the chin.

Thanks for the comments fellas, its 6 am and its my day off today so i ill give it another try. Ill definitely try your idea Xiberger just gotta figure out how to do it. And thanks for the tips Homer ill definitely mess around with the burn tool and more sharpening, i kinda gave him less stubble to clean him up alittle but i might give him the stubble up to the sideburns look.

Ok here is an updated texture, i added more stubble. I did stuff around with the burn tool and sharpening but when i changed anything i really didn't like the look of it. What do u guys think of this one? Ill put some in-game pics of it up soon.

0000xc5.png

Oh and on a side note i started editing current .fsh files instead of creating new one and everything is working fine.

• 3 weeks later...

This is really good Mikey.....keep it up, and if you want to post the cyber with my ugly mug, you can. That way if you feel like something might be missing, you can always ask for help. Im curious as to how this turns out...lol But like I said, I might have you stay busy all summer with faces, if you want. I cant do them, but I can finance them in turn...lol so many to do, and so many needed....lol I have a list of 10 that I think are in need of doing, but I will wait to see what the 09 conversion has. We can go from there........but keep up the good work.

Archived