Mlb 2k9 For Pc?!

mace

Kraw, I'm going to try this game out when it comes out but there's no way I am going to ditch Mvp. There's too much in Mvp to ignore. But I will say this, the people that have not been members of this site for a decent amount of time will forget about Mvp 05 and not look back. People like the clowns who come in here all the time wanting to know where to download this game will move on to 2k9.

If your guess is right and modding won't be an issue with that game, this is just going to give people more of a choice what to play. But forgetting Mvp 05? No.

Agreed. For people that been here for a while, it's so much more than just the MVP game. It's about the community and a place to talk about baseball and all that other stuff. If and that's a big If ... If the game is decent enough, I can see people trying the game out. I can then see people trying to see if it be modded. And then I can see if it can be modded then some of the limited number of mods being here or at EAmods or yet another sister site. But baseball is baseball and it transcends any game for the real baseball fan. And for the real baseball fan, especially ones that love the history of the game will most likely prefer MVP just simply for all the different year versions and what can already be done. It'll be nice to do this and that with whichever game that may come out but if it can't be customizable than it may just be a flash in a pan and just something people may eventually get bored with since it'll just be like another console game where you can't fully mod it like a pc game. There will certainly be choice but MVP05 will always be here.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will believe it when I see it. I don't remember seeing 2K demonstrate the game this year at the “Computer Show" here in New York.

The last time I played the 2K version of baseball I noticed a few flaws in the design of the game such as, when the pitcher throws the ball

off target, you receive a directive to press a button to make the throw "harder". After receiving instruction from the 2K representative to

do just that, I told him that it would be stupid for me to press the "harder" button when I threw a slider too far down into the zone. The guy

just looked at me like I was an idiot, and he kept watching. The batter hit my errant pitch to the warning track, but my CF easily ran it down.

I told him that by pressing the "harder" button I would be reducing the amount of power his hitter needed to hit a home run.

Needless to say I won the game by 11 runs, but no thanks to my 2K "game professional". If that is the kind of game 2K is going to release,

they can keep it. I will stay with our top notch baseball simulation, and they can keep "MLB Live" for the arcade set.

Kraw, I'm going to try this game out when it comes out but there's no way I am going to ditch Mvp. There's too much in Mvp to ignore. But I will say this, the people that have not been members of this site for a decent amount of time will forget about Mvp 05 and not look back. People like the clowns who come in here all the time wanting to know where to download this game will move on to 2k9.

Not all of us new clowns will be leaving... I have stuck with High Heat 2k3 up until a few weeks ago. I bought the PC I am on right now, a few weeks before MVP 2005 came out with the intention of getting it then. I needed a PC that had the specs for it... I ended up getting an Xbox, and getting that version instead... It wasn't moddable, and I got bored with it, and went back to High Heat 2k3, because I knew it was...To a certain extent...

Anyway, I JUST found out about the conversion mods a month ago... That's when I decided to bail on the 5 people still playing High Heat and come here... I got tired of trying to create stadiums for High Heat with the limited ability to mod them, and listening to people gripe that they were not good enough... Heck, i didn't think some of them were good enough, but it was ll I could do...

Anyway, my point is, I feel like I am finally home... And it is gonna take an AMAZING game to pull me away from this one...

Now, having said that, if all the modders end up going to something new, and leaving this one in the dust like they did High Heat, I will eventually move on... Hopefully you all don't... I had to learn how to mod, and start doing stuff for High Heat cause no one else was anymore...

If 2K can deliver a moddable game, it will be like when HH users switched to MVP. Heck that's how MVPmods got started anyway. MVP 2004 was the very first, and it was very limited with what we could do, granted we didn't know then what we know now, so some of the limits wouldn't be there. But the game engine was still vastly improved between versions. But HH was the golden standard, and some users decided to stick with that game because of all that had been done for it and the gameplay.

You will have some die hard MVP users and then you will have the guys that will go to MLB2K9. I already know which way I am headed if 2K does produce a moddable 2K9 and it's only because I strive to have the most accurate Oriole Park in sports gaming and 2K9's graphics do seem to one up MVP obviously.

I thought MVP would never be as good as HH at first especially with the Triple Play series fresh in my mind, but low and behold EA delivered with the help of the modding community. So who is to say 2K won't do the same? For the sake of PC baseball gaming, I hope they do...

Not all of us new clowns will be leaving... I have stuck with High Heat 2k3 up until a few weeks ago. I bought the PC I am on right now, a few weeks before MVP 2005 came out with the intention of getting it then. I needed a PC that had the specs for it... I ended up getting an Xbox, and getting that version instead... It wasn't moddable, and I got bored with it, and went back to High Heat 2k3, because I knew it was...To a certain extent...

Anyway, I JUST found out about the conversion mods a month ago... That's when I decided to bail on the 5 people still playing High Heat and come here... I got tired of trying to create stadiums for High Heat with the limited ability to mod them, and listening to people gripe that they were not good enough... Heck, i didn't think some of them were good enough, but it was ll I could do...

Anyway, my point is, I feel like I am finally home... And it is gonna take an AMAZING game to pull me away from this one...

Now, having said that, if all the modders end up going to something new, and leaving this one in the dust like they did High Heat, I will eventually move on... Hopefully you all don't... I had to learn how to mod, and start doing stuff for High Heat cause no one else was anymore...

People are still playing High Heat? Wow. And there were five people too? I guess that faction is dwindling. I never played High Heat so how was that game compared to MVP? All I played before MVP was a little Triple Play and a lot Front Page Sports. That was a long time ago.

Maybe I should think about buying High Heat just to check it out.

PS > Necessity is the mother of invention. And home is where the heart is.

People are still playing High Heat? Wow. And there were five people too? I guess that faction is dwindling. I never played High Heat so how was that game compared to MVP? All I played before MVP was a little Triple Play and a lot Front Page Sports. That was a long time ago.

Maybe I should think about buying High Heat just to check it out.

PS > Necessity is the mother of invention. And home is where the heart is.

The 5 people comment was a joke, but that is basically how many active posters there are at the other board I "live" at. There are still quite a few that come around to download new mods from time to time.

High Heat pitcher/batter interface> MVP 2005 Pitcher/batter interface.... IF High Heat actually had decent graphics, it would have been far and away better...

But, whats in the past is in the past...

Not all of us new clowns will be leaving...

You may be new here but you are far from being a clown. You don't go around making a thread for every mod you download just to have people tell you how to use it because you don't know how to read a readme file. I'm glad you found this site and are enjoying what is offered here. It's a heck of a game and these modders here are the best.

A lot of us (Trues, MarkB, KCcitystar, myself) were on the old High Heat board before this place started, so we played quite a bit of High Heat. I still have HH2003 and HH2004 on the laptop.

If 2K can deliver a moddable game, it will be like when HH users switched to MVP. Heck that's how MVPmods got started anyway. MVP 2004 was the very first, and it was very limited with what we could do, granted we didn't know then what we know now, so some of the limits wouldn't be there. But the game engine was still vastly improved between versions. But HH was the golden standard, and some users decided to stick with that game because of all that had been done for it and the gameplay.

You will have some die hard MVP users and then you will have the guys that will go to MLB2K9. I already know which way I am headed if 2K does produce a moddable 2K9 and it's only because I strive to have the most accurate Oriole Park in sports gaming and 2K9's graphics do seem to one up MVP obviously.

I thought MVP would never be as good as HH at first especially with the Triple Play series fresh in my mind, but low and behold EA delivered with the help of the modding community. So who is to say 2K won't do the same? For the sake of PC baseball gaming, I hope they do...

Big O', MVP 2003 was the first. Remember the one with Randy Johnson and Miguel Tejada on the cover.

Big O', MVP 2003 was the first. Remember the one with Randy Johnson and Miguel Tejada on the cover.

Well what I meant to say is HH modders like myself first converted to MVP with MVP 2004 as there was a HH 2004 yet that was the last of the series and MVP was improving from the TP series. I looked at 2003 for the gameplay but really 2004 was where I and other HH modders got their start in this series...

Well what I meant to say is HH modders like myself first converted to MVP with MVP 2004 as there was a HH 2004 yet that was the last of the series and MVP was improving from the TP series. I looked at 2003 for the gameplay but really 2004 was where I and other HH modders got their start in this series...

Gotcha.

Who all came over here from the HH boards?

Trues, Y4L, Mark B, Pirate, SerialMike, Moser316, Snepp... did KC?

When I started modding MVP 2004, I went out and purchased MVP 2003 to see what could be done. I have NBA 2K9, maybe I will start fiddling with it. Without an Oedit-like program we will be back to stadium ad-replacement...

If only Serial Mike would return, he could do the AL and I could do the NL.

"...

I thought MVP would never be as good as HH at first especially with the Triple Play series fresh in my mind, but low and behold EA delivered with the help of the modding community. So who is to say 2K won't do the same? For the sake of PC baseball gaming, I hope they do..."

Agreed, this may be true for many here of us here. Things change, people like to explore, mods are created,...

Agreed, this may be true for many here of us here. Things change, people like to explore, mods are created,...

Agreed, this may be true for many of us here. Things change, people like to explore, mods are created,...

Guess I should 'proof' before post :)

Who all came over here from the HH boards?

Trues, Y4L, Mark B, Pirate, SerialMike, Moser316, Snepp... did KC?

When I started modding MVP 2004, I went out and purchased MVP 2003 to see what could be done. I have NBA 2K9, maybe I will start fiddling with it. Without an Oedit-like program we will be back to stadium ad-replacement...

If only Serial Mike would return, he could do the AL and I could do the NL.

I was also over on HH2004.net run by NTNGod and before that The Clubhouse run by Coach when I was modding Oriole Park for the HH series...

I was also over on HH2004.net run by NTNGod and before that The Clubhouse run by Coach when I was modding Oriole Park for the HH series...

Ahh the Clubhouse. There was always such a rivalry between them and BBSC. I was always a BBSC guy (Still post there to this day, though now it is just simcentral)... Ahh the memories...

I used your Camden yards mod as well.. Still have it loaded into my 2k3 game today...

If your guess is right and modding won't be an issue with that game, this is just going to give people more of a choice what to play. But forgetting Mvp 05? No.

Y4L your right, but the people are going to want a new baseball game already.

sure MVP is very legendary in the modding community but I think it's time to move on, everyone has been waiting on a new baseball game on the PC for what? almost 3 and a half years on the pc now. Things change, when it's 2013 and EA can make PC baseball again if 2K doesn't sign another license crap, I'm sure everyone will jump along for MVP Baseball 13 but for right now let's see what opportunities open up with the 2K series coming to PC.

Hey NBA Live modders had to mod NBA Live 04-05 (quite possiblity the last best NBA Live games for PC) for a while now, alot of ppl are jumping on 2K.

I know I haven't done much to contribute to the great MVP game(s) but I'm sure as hell a fan of the work you guys put out there, I just know it doesn't sound right but it's true.

I was a member of those same sites. I think I created a crowd changer utility for HH2004 at some point. MVP04 was also my first exposure to the MVP series. I had played Triple Play for a few years (TP98, TP99), played High Heat (HH01, HH03, HH04) and then made the switch to MVP04.

My main interest in the game is classic modding (if you couldn't figure that out!), so I'd be really interested to see if classic stadiums and retro uniforms are included if a PC version of MLB 2K9 does become available. That being said, it would be an awful lot of work to try to recreate all of the Total Classics work on MLB 2K9.

It's possible that MVP05 may eventually just be relegated to be the vehicle for Total Classics and the conversion mods and the people who continue to play it will be classic enthusiasts.

I will always play MVP due to the Classic series. For me it just dont get any better than these classic mods. Regardless what next gen pc baseball game is released. I mean hell if not for these classic mods we would still be playing old time baseball or dare i say.... legends of the diamond for the nes. :D

Y4L your right, but the people are going to want a new baseball game already.

sure MVP is very legendary in the modding community but I think it's time to move on, everyone has been waiting on a new baseball game on the PC for what? almost 3 and a half years on the pc now. Things change, when it's 2013 and EA can make PC baseball again if 2K doesn't sign another license crap, I'm sure everyone will jump along for MVP Baseball 13 but for right now let's see what opportunities open up with the 2K series coming to PC.

Hey NBA Live modders had to mod NBA Live 04-05 (quite possiblity the last best NBA Live games for PC) for a while now, alot of ppl are jumping on 2K.

I know I haven't done much to contribute to the great MVP game(s) but I'm sure as hell a fan of the work you guys put out there, I just know it doesn't sound right but it's true.

I understand that people want a new baseball game. Nothing wrong with that. But Mvp has withstood many games since EA stopped making this series. How many times over the years have we heard that the 2k games were going to be good for the consoles? Every year when 2k released a new game there would be a group of people that would love it and then compare it to Mvp. They'd say the graphics are better, etc, etc. Same for the people who enjoy playing the PS3 game the Show. They play the game but they eventually came back to Mvp because all that this game offers.

Archived