Mlb 2k9 Pc System Requirments Announced!

stamcoff1979

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. My AMD Athalon 64 X2 5400+ isn't listed on that chart... but is it safe to assume it would likely fall between (or near) the 5200+ (1,089) and 5600+ (1,154)?

I have 2GB of RAM and a RadeonHD 4870. I know the RAM and the video card should be fine... but the Intel Pentium D @ 3.0 GHz is posting a score of 747. Obviously my processor(s) beats that, but Intel Core2 Duos running at 3.00 GHz are posting scores of 2,012 on that list...

...which one are they referring to in the requirements list?

So have we come to the conclusion that if we can run NBA 2K9 effectively, we should also be able to run MLB 2K9 fairly well?

I'm downloading the NBA 2K9 demo through steam right now, to test how well I can pump up the graphics.

Yes, because they are made by the same developer, so the requirements will be the same.

So have we come to the conclusion that if we can run NBA 2K9 effectively, we should also be able to run MLB 2K9 fairly well?

I'm downloading the NBA 2K9 demo through steam right now, to test how well I can pump up the graphics.

You should be able to run it with no problems at all. I'm running NBA 2K9 at 1440x900 with all settings set to high and it plays perfectly, I've not have one problem. Even when I pumped the player quality up to ultra high, it was still playable, but with just enough FPS drop to make me want to stick to high. I doubt you'd have any such issues with your 4870.

With that said, I'm currently making a backup of the stock cyberfaces so that I can throw some modded ones in and play with them - most are at least 60% higher files size than the stock ones, so we'll see.

EDIT - Also, if MLB 2K9's files are packaged similarly to NBA 2K9, we will be some very happy campers. Courts, jerseys, faces, crowds and accessories are all moddable already for NBA 2K9. I believe headshapes are being worked on, but are not moddable as yet.

You should be able to run it with no problems at all. I'm running NBA 2K9 at 1440x900 with all settings set to high and it plays perfectly, I've not have one problem. Even when I pumped the player quality up to ultra high, it was still playable, but with just enough FPS drop to make me want to stick to high. I doubt you'd have any such issues with your 4870.

Wow. So I finished downloading the NBA 2K9 demo...

...just ran it at 1680x1050, fully maxed out on all settings. Ran smooth as glass.

I hope this bodes well for my MLB 2K9 experience.

I still love my MVP and will likely still play it for the various mods - but I'm assuming 2K9 will replace it as the "modern day" baseball game... unless of course the gameplay experience is as bad as some people say it is.

I could always drop a crapload of money and buy a PS3 and The Show. lol.

Well according to Kraw, something will be modded on "DAY ONE" (his words) for MLB 2K9, because he "knows a little something..."

Take it FWIW.

Something will be modded on day one

NBA 2k9 had one or two mods on day one (even if it was textmod)

I modded some crap in MLB Front Office Manager the 1st day I had it

MLB 2k9 will use either the layout from NBA or Front Office Manager (one would think)

Lets hope it is the Front Office Manager layout, that "datafile" folder would be sweet to have in MLB 2k9

But something will be modded on day one

Luckily I meet every requirement except for the HDD space. I have more than 9.5 Gb but not much, so I'll have to do some cleaning up.

I'm glad I just built this new PC... otherwise it would've NEVER happened. Dunno if I could've ever cleaned enough off.

But now I have 510.3 GB free space remaining. :) I think I've got it covered.

Luckily I meet every requirement except for the HDD space. I have more than 9.5 Gb but not much, so I'll have to do some cleaning up.

Question though- I have a dual boot laptop (Vista and XP). I'm never on Vista. Will the game install on XP?

Yes Ronnie, the game will install on either xp or vista. Haven't heard anything from you in a while...

am i only the one that actually thinks this a BAD thing?

for one, i think it's going to take away people's efforts in making new mods for MVP.

sure MVP 05's graphics are starting to look dated (heck, i still play Bases Loaded for NES!)

but they had the art of baseball down to a science in that game and that's why i still play,

not to mention the fact that nearly everything in the game can be customized!

i had 2K8 for PS3 and i played a season. i'm surprised i finished it because i think the

gameplay is just flat out bad. i can't even believe the same guy who was behind MVP

had anything to do with the 2K series. enough with the fancy swing stick and all that

crap. the buttons on a ps3 controller are shaped like a baseball diamond! what else can

you ask for!? no need to make things more complicated than they should be.

as far as new games are concerned, the only game that comes close but a distant second

to MVP is the MLB The Show series. i'll be purchasing that when it comes out, only because

i'd like a next gen with half decent gameplay. but MVP is the king. it's too bad they lost the

MLB rights. they were really on to something good there. and one more thing, joe morgan and

jon miller are just flat out annoying know it alls. the only person who would be worse in a game

is tim mccarver. i like the 3 man announcing crew in The Show.

Archived