Mlb 2k9 Pc System Requirments Announced!

stamcoff1979

question here.. does Shader Model 3.0 installed automatically in the video card driver?? or it's included when u install games that support shader??

and one more thing... my PC is below the minimum requirements for MLB2k9 because my processor is only althon 64 1.8ghZ but I play NBA2k9 very well with above average settings. do u think my PC can run MLB2k9 smoothly? by the way my graphic card is nvidia8500Gt 1gb.

thanks guys.. :)

Your card supports Shader Model 4.0. You're fine. If you can run NBA 2k9, you should be able to run MLB 2k9. Probably on about the same settings.

Nivida's site: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8500_tech_specs.html

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm running a dual core 2.0 ghz with 2gb of ram and a GeForce 8600 GT....

I hope to run it ok but I might need to upgrade to 4gb of ram....

If I was you, I'd focus on upgrading the 8600GT. It only has 32 stream processors. I have an 8800GS, which I'm pretty sure is considered middle ground at this point in time and it has 96 stream processors. So, forget about the 4 GB of RAM and focus on the CPU and GPU. You don't have to of course, but the RAM is not gonna improve the gameplay as much as the CPU and GPU.

Not sure if I have shader 2.0 or 3.0, but I have nVidia 5200. Will that nvidia work with shader 3.0, and make MLB work?

Nah, man, a 5200 is very outdated at this point.. If you want a cheap video card to run the game, guys, look into the Nvidia GeForce 8800GS, 9600GSO, or 9600GT models.

I am admittedly an idiot about understanding system requirements.... Single, Dual, etc, and the numbers don't really mean anything to me nor can I translate what one might mean compared to another.. That being said, here's what my system properties say:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU

T5270 @ 1.40GHz

1.40 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

I'm guessing that this means "not good enough", but I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify.

Thanks...

I am admittedly an idiot about understanding system requirements.... Single, Dual, etc, and the numbers don't really mean anything to me nor can I translate what one might mean compared to another.. That being said, here's what my system properties say:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU

T5270 @ 1.40GHz

1.40 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

I'm guessing that this means "not good enough", but I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify.

Thanks...

What's your video card?

I wonder what the problem could be for me.. The game plays like everyone is in quicksand. Commentary and sound in general is fine, but the game itself is too slow to be able to play. It gets a little better when I crank down all the graphics options (although it looks pretty ragged), but still not enough to play.

I'm kinda annoyed. I d/led the demo to see if I actually want to purchase the full game (jury's still out on that one), and it glitches! And it's all stuttery!

It's not like I have a bad computer or anything either. I thought it would run no prob. I was wondering if there are any settings/ways to change to stop this. Here are my specs:

1 TB HD

4 GB RAM

2.8 Ghz Intel Dual Core Processor

256 MB NVIDIA video card

Sound Blaster sound card

Thanks for your help.

I'm sorry guys, can you help me?

I've got Core2Duo 6700 2.66 GHz 2gB RAM so this should be enough.

But with regards to video card - I have ATI Radeon x1950 512 MB. Is it good enough? And what are this shaders about? How to check if my card is good?

Thanks!

portraity.jpg

I am playing with my laptop using way below requirement spec Gforce 6150 integrated video for some reason it have 3.0 pixel shader support. No eye candy picture. But I can run the game decently using the lowest setting. However I brought 4 GB ram so that may have help loading the image speed.

I'm sorry guys, can you help me?

I've got Core2Duo 6700 2.66 GHz 2gB RAM so this should be enough.

But with regards to video card - I have ATI Radeon x1950 512 MB. Is it good enough? And what are this shaders about? How to check if my card is good?

Thanks!

Yes you will be able to run the game just fine! Most likely on all high settings.

Yes you will be able to run the game just fine! Most likely on all high settings.

thanks.

but when i try to play - i alwayshave these kinds of video bugs.

jiggeo.png

maybe i need to change settings in my video card?

I'm not big in it - can someone help me?

The wife is on the verge of buying a new laptop but I need to convince her of buying one that runs this game...I have been looking at this one and our budget is around the $700 range...please help me:) would this computer run 2k9...

HP Pavilion dv7-1264nr 17" Notebook PC

Powered by an AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor, genuine Windows Vista Home Premium, 4GB system memory, 320GB hard drive, 17.0" diagonal high-definition HP BrightView widescreen display, Blu-ray Disc player, 1-year limited warranty

Features

AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor (2.1GHz, 1MB L2 cache)

genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition with Service Pack 1

4GB DDR2 system memory

320GB (5400rpm) SATA hard drive

17.0" diagonal WXGA high-definition HP BrightView widescreen display (1440 x 900)

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

17.0" diagonal WXGA+ high-definition HP BrightView widescreen display (1440 x 900)

cody2034 It can run the game but any resolution above 800 x 600 will start to have slow frame play.

AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor (2.1GHz, 1MB L2 cache) Windows Vista

{Game need 2.8 Ghz for Vista} & we talking about Pentium not AMD

4GB DDR2 system memory

{Excellent it will run your application nicely}

{7200 rpm hard drive way to go for most game that require fast reaction responses}

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (1440 x 900)

{Good enough for this game.}

The wife is on the verge of buying a new laptop but I need to convince her of buying one that runs this game...I have been looking at this one and our budget is around the $700 range...please help me:) would this computer run 2k9...

HP Pavilion dv7-1264nr 17" Notebook PC

Powered by an AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor, genuine Windows Vista Home Premium, 4GB system memory, 320GB hard drive, 17.0" diagonal high-definition HP BrightView widescreen display, Blu-ray Disc player, 1-year limited warranty

Features

AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor (2.1GHz, 1MB L2 cache)

genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition with Service Pack 1

4GB DDR2 system memory

17.0" diagonal WXGA high-definition HP BrightView widescreen display (1440 x 900)

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

17.0" diagonal WXGA+ high-definition HP BrightView widescreen display (1440 x 900)

I really appreciate you replying...means a lot. Thanks again! :)

Archived