Modding Tools For 2k9

Pirate

Oh, Ok. Thanks Pirate. Wasn't sure. I knew it hadn't been released yet, but I knew he said he was working on it. I hope MLB 2k is moddable, but I will also stick with MVP. (At least till another game shows it can be modded to beat our beloved game.)

I also will get 2k9 for the $20. I might be wasting my money, but it's not like that hasn't happened on other games before (MLB Front Office Manager).

For what it's worth, saw this on OS.

Yes, all files are in IFF format for MLB as well. The folder looks pretty much the same as NBA 2k9. There is also a Cache and Saves folder in Documents and Settings that you can change the Config file, and add rosters, sliders, and settings if you choose to do so when other people release them. Same concept as NBA 2k9 for the pc Game looks FANTASTIC on the PC. Better than the console in my opinion.

I call BS on this. No company wants their game to be easily moddable, they fear customers won't buy the next iteration. Look how long it took to crack Madden and even then it's been tough to do anything with that game.

2K is trying to reach another market to make money, simple as that. They even said that it is a simple port... read that as easy cash. The price drop is because it has no online functionality. It's worth $19.99. The console game with retail at $59.99, take away the console fee of $100 and you have $30.00 for the value of online components and an inflated price point for a larger market. Demand drives cost up.

I have to call BS on your call of BS. Some of the better game companies do make their games easily moddable because they know that's what their customers want. Valve is a perfect example. They've made a fortune off games which just keep on selling because mods make them worth it years after they were released. 2k even some history with releasing very moddable games. The latest iterations of the Civilization series were all published by 2k and are incredibly moddable. There are a lot of titles which even come pre-packaged with SDKs and editors.

Yeah, EA as a pretty crappy record when it comes to allowing mods but there are a lot of game companies that do a lot of things better than EA. That said this is a port of a 360 game so I doubt much native support for mods. But that doesn't mean that 2k/VC completely locked this thing down the way EA likes to.

Looks like this game's file structure is similar to NBA 2k9. Check post #11 in the following OS thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/2k-s...sion-2k9-2.html

it is moddable, spungo has even updated a uniform. Problem is neither of us have the game to test it. We have one IFF file that someone sent us

Amazon still claims I will get the game on the 6th

It would be nice for someone to edit the gamedata.iff file to give us the xbox 360 buttons in game. This was done on NBA 2k9 and its really nice if you play with 360 controller. Wish I knew how I would do it.

Hey I have a wireless 360 pad and I remapped it, and easily (per another members suggestion) and it works just fine..Try it per the manual and you should be ok...

I wasn't trying to map.. no problems there. I'm talking about the Buttons showing up in game instead of the B1 or B3 or B whatever button your using. I edited mine and I have it working for fielding, but still can't find the frontend buttons to edit them.

Just a quick question, has anybody looked into the protraits yet? Is this something that is going to be possible? This is one thing that really bugged me on MLB front office, seeing guys who were traded mid season still in their old caps. Thanks!

Good question. Having these up to date is important too. But I guess we have to wait for the answer to this until these guys are able to figure out what they can and can not fix in this game. If it is all possible I am sure they will.

Archived