The Mlb 2k9 Impressions Thread

Trues

Totally, completely, absolutely agree with this; the strike zone is absolutely brutal. I'm ok with the fielding after reading the tip on page 7, as that has helped immensely in understanding how 2K intended people to field in this game, I really don't have much of an issue with it anymore. But the strike zone is absolutely horrible.

Yup, that is the only major complaint from me as well. I catch myself swearing all the time with the calls until the strike zone box comes back up and I see it was in fact in the zone of their massive box.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a few paragraphs and all it was, was him ranting. Nothing about the game play. This guy has some other problems in life he needs to work out.

Personally, i enjoy the game.

I suggest you read the whole thing. He does talk about the game play and some of the problems every one else is talking about.

is anyone experiencing problems when you bring in a reliever? nothing shows up on the pitch selection area and then after a few pitches it crashes to desktop.

on classic pitching, not sure if that's the reason.

I had that EXACT problem when I played a game last weekend. I got into the 8th inning, Yankees (me) at Kansas City and when I brought in Damaso Marte, there were no pitch selection graphics. I was able to pitch the entire inning, bat in the top of the 9th and then when the bottom of the 9th started, the game crashed. I was using the default pitching mode (i.e. using the sticks on the controller).

Someone mentioned to me that if I see this (no pitching graphics) again, I should save the game in progress, exit and restart the game, load the game in progress and I can then continue from where I left off.

Someone mentioned to me that if I see this (no pitching graphics) again, I should save the game in progress, exit and restart the game, load the game in progress and I can then continue from where I left off.

This is correct. It used to happen to me every game, strangely enough it doesn't do it anymore but as soon as it happens just save the game and load it right back up again. worked every time.

This is correct. It used to happen to me every game, strangely enough it doesn't do it anymore but as soon as it happens just save the game and load it right back up again. worked every time.

Yeah i was the one who mentioned that to him. I was having this problem early on in my franchise but haven't had it since.

• 3 months later...

So since the patches,, is the game play any better for PC?

Only one patch for the PC.

For what I require, the game works just fine.....Still playing the first franchise year and have had little, if any, problems. The game crashed one time with 55 franchise games played.

I think if you go back and play MVP Baseball without any mods, you'll find that MVP isn't this be-all-end-all game many make it out to be.

You have a point, but MVP '05 without any mods is still much more like baseball than MLB 2K9 is.

Archived