Mlb 2k9 Screens Pc

Snash13

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing.

1). Ball gets hit over Gary Matthews Jr.'s head and bounces against the wall.

2). GMJ decides to then dive for the ball on the 3rd hop.

3). GMJ falls down after missing the ball by 6 feet.

4). Torii Hunter wanders over to get the ball.

5). Ellsbury scores on the hilariously messed up play.

post-2496-1236542376_thumb.jpg

post-2496-1236542386_thumb.jpg

post-2496-1236542401_thumb.jpg

post-2496-1236542420_thumb.jpg

post-2496-1236542438_thumb.jpg

i tried the pc demo and can't get by the options or play screen. i like to play cpu vs cpu. am i to assume you can't do that in this game because i sure didn't see any way to change the controllers to cpu in the options. also, the demo doesn't do anything but the game. can the players and teams be edited and the player ratings be edited?

to each his own, i guess. i think thumbjockeying would get boring early. i don't know how a mlb player's ability can be brought into a computer game when it's the person at the controller's ability that is doing all of the action, but, there again, that's my own opinion. i just like to set up the team, do my own player editing, take advantage of the great mods for this game, and sit back and watch the great graphics of the game play out. as far as time goes, i think it would take longer thumbing through a complete game than watching it cpu vs cpu

I realize it's early and there are a couple of issues that may be fixed with a patch, but has anyone contemplated doing a dynasty with 2K9 yet? I may wait until around opening day to see how things pan out, but I think I'll be going with Oakland this year. Here's a player card I've been working on:

JR, nice stuff as usual man. Yeah, I plan on doing 2k9 dynasty this year. I'm running a test franchise now to see all what franchise entails. Looks pretty deep so far. So much information, just a matter of navigating all the screens/menus to find it. -_-

Like you, waiting to see what this patch fixes. Game has got so much potential. I can say though, that the few glitches, bugs, etc... that I have encountered, have not been game killers for me. Seems the console guys are having quite a time with their version though.

Still tweaking sliders, playing some "play-now" games to find me a team for my 'chise. Don't want to take my Cubbies, although I might set them to User control and play/manage them behind the scenes. ;)

Oakland seems fun to play with this year. I love the stadium as well. Would definitely follow if you decide to do one this year.

JR, nice stuff as usual man. Yeah, I plan on doing 2k9 dynasty this year. I'm running a test franchise now to see all what franchise entails. Looks pretty deep so far. So much information, just a matter of navigating all the screens/menus to find it. -_-

Like you, waiting to see what this patch fixes. Game has got so much potential. I can say though, that the few glitches, bugs, etc... that I have encountered, have not been game killers for me. Seems the console guys are having quite a time with their version though.

Still tweaking sliders, playing some "play-now" games to find me a team for my 'chise. Don't want to take my Cubbies, although I might set them to User control and play/manage them behind the scenes. ;)

Oakland seems fun to play with this year. I love the stadium as well. Would definitely follow if you decide to do one this year.

I was actually wondering about you as I typed this earlier. I've played 4 test games today and didn't see one bug, although I know they're there. So with a patch in the works, assuming it addresses the main issues, I'm still pretty optimistic about this game.

But anyway, I'd love to see a Meastro's 2K9 Chicago Cubs Dynasty Page like you ran in '07. It's a ton of work to keep up with, but still fun if you can find the time. I'll be looking forward to it. :)

I was actually wondering about you as I typed this earlier. I've played 4 test games today and didn't see one bug, although I know they're there. So with a patch in the works, assuming it addresses the main issues, I'm still pretty optimistic about this game.

But anyway, I'd love to see a Meastro's 2K9 Chicago Cubs Dynasty Page like you ran in '07. It's a ton of work to keep up with, but still fun if you can find the time. I'll be looking forward to it. :)

You know me, my Cubbies will more than likely pull me back to the Friendly Confines, when its all said and done. ;) There's just a lot of interesting teams this year. Thinking about taking the Tribe. Got ex-Cubbies Wood & DeRosa.

I tell ya man, between my test 'chise and "play-now" games.... I'v played about 23-25 games so far. I've been keeping a notebook jotting down "little things, glitches, etc..." that I encounter. I have not had players disappear into walls, or just stand over a ball & fail to pick up when I'm controlling them. I have encountered the "1st-baseman" glitch just once.

It was all on me: Bang-bang play on a ball hit down the 3rd base line. Had to back-hand it and gun the throw over to 1st. I saw it then. Only time I've seen it, and I use Analog-Stick for throwing. ( I like that you can throw to different sides of the bag). I tell you what, that Practice mode help me a lot when it came to getting down fielding.

Like you stated though, I know the glitches/bugs are there because credible people are reporting seeing them. I just have not encountered them to the degree of everyone else.

Like you, I'm still optimistic for this 1st-year effort and hope that patch can fix a few issues.

***One thing I've seen that I haven't had happen to me in a baseball game in a long time: The cpu pulled a suicide-squeeze play on me when I was playing the Mets. Reyes was on 3rd. I saw the batter laying down the bunt, but had no idea that Reyes was coming down the line. I was totally caught off guard. Everyone was safe!!! How cool is that? :o

I had a guy on second, and executed a hit and run with a scorcher right up the middle. The outfielder picked up the ball and fired home, so I decided to stretch the hit into a double as my guy was scoring from second. The (CPU) pitcher cuts it off at the mound and immediately turns and fires to second base and nails me.

It wasn't that I've not seen this before, but the CPU had a split second to decide what to do and after looking at the replay, it was the right play to make. I was totally caught off guard, I just "knew" the play was going to home plate.

Again, hopefully this is a good sign of things to come.

I had a guy on second, and executed a hit and run with a scorcher right up the middle. The outfielder picked up the ball and fired home, so I decided to stretch the hit into a double as my guy was scoring from second. The (CPU) pitcher cuts it off at the mound and immediately turns and fires to second base and nails me.

It wasn't that I've not seen this before, but the CPU had a split second to decide what to do and after looking at the replay, it was the right play to make. I was totally caught off guard, I just "knew" the play was going to home plate.

Again, hopefully this is a good sign of things to come.

That's some pretty good stuff.

Had a play tonight involving me hitting into a double-play. Ball hit to the 2nd-baseman, my guy is heading for 2nd, and dodges the attempted tag by the cpu 2nd-baseman. Cpu then attempted to run him down at 2nd, but realized it was a lost cause & decided to fire over to 1st for the out.

God I love this game. Fielding mode, where the catcher wanders around randomly. As a youtube video said, 2k9: where anything is possible!

#4 is the catcher running directly past Beckett to 2nd, and #5 is the resulting wild pitch where a run scores.

post-2496-1237174479_thumb.jpg

post-2496-1237174496_thumb.jpg

post-2496-1237174560_thumb.jpg

post-2496-1237174901_thumb.jpg

post-2496-1237174915_thumb.jpg

I noticed that bug yesterday, as well as one where a bat randomly starts moving across the infield, in front of the batter, and slightly to the right of the first base dugout, which I think was triggered by the CPU attempting a bunt, as it stopped after the next bunt attempt - which was around 5 minutes later.

Archived