Mlb2k9 And Mvp Differances

HBR_Rocket

I got the PC version of MLB2k9 but so far I've yet to figure out the controls. I'm using the logitech Duel gamepad, the very same one I used for MVP, but for the life of me 2k is just about impossible to setup.

Two things I can't seem to gather is in the hitting setup I would love it to be like MVP, hit the 2 button and you swing and the power is up and grounders are down on the right stick.

The other thing is pitching. Good grief how hard can someone make it to just throw a ball in a general direction? MLB is a total mess for me so far. I do not understand the whole concept of how this thing works. All I want to do is aim and and throw the certain pitch in that direction, not to the backstop or in the hitters face.

One last thing about MLB, can you set the fielders to field the ball automatically like in MVP put still have the control to throw where you want to?

So far I've tried to play this game for three hours and yet got to play one inning because I do not understand the controls and yes, the manuel that comes in this game is useless for the PC user, it only tells you the Xbox controls.

difference, MVP05 was the best baseball game ever when it came out. end of discussion.

HAHHAHHAHHA.

Sorry. No.

It might be after it is modded, but it can't compete with the realism of High Heat. Not out of the box anyway. High Heat was just uglier.

Either way, High Heat wore out after no one stuck around to update it, and I got tired of updating it myself. So, here I am with MVP.

HAHHAHHAHHA.

Sorry. No.

It might be after it is modded, but it can't compete with the realism of High Heat. Not out of the box anyway. High Heat was just uglier.

Either way, High Heat wore out after no one stuck around to update it, and I got tired of updating it myself. So, here I am with MVP.

Exactly. Everyone has this high and mighty opinion of MVP when the fact is that out of the box, MVP is nothing special. The modding community has made that game what it is, period.

Agreed that High Heat was superior to MVP out of the box. If the modding community for High Heat had stayed alive and MVP's not have picked up I'd still be playing High Heat.

Actually the reason I found out about 2K9 for PC this year was because I was searching for the MVP 08 TCM. I had reformatted my PC since last year and wanted to play MVP 2005. I unstalled it and tried to play the original retail version without any patches. I didn't even make it through an inning. Even after I installed the latest official patch the game was still unplayable (compared to playing the 08 mod before). In searching for those mod files I found info on 2k9 for the PC and just decided to hold off.

Hopefully a good modding community for 2K9 and some commitment from the devs at VC and this game will turn out even better than MVP. Just keep in mind what the first couple iterations of MVP were like before 2005.

I agree the controls are weird but i only have the demo to critique, but i realized that no matter what key i map, that particular item slot reflects all categories (pitching, hitting etc) if the retail shares this resemblence then this is very very weak. MVP successfully distinguished controls during different aspects of the game, but MLB 2k9 (atleast the demo) only gives you one generic key mapping for all parts of the game?

I got the PC version of MLB2k9 but so far I've yet to figure out the controls. I'm using the logitech Duel gamepad, the very same one I used for MVP, but for the life of me 2k is just about impossible to setup.

Two things I can't seem to gather is in the hitting setup I would love it to be like MVP, hit the 2 button and you swing and the power is up and grounders are down on the right stick.

The other thing is pitching. Good grief how hard can someone make it to just throw a ball in a general direction? MLB is a total mess for me so far. I do not understand the whole concept of how this thing works. All I want to do is aim and and throw the certain pitch in that direction, not to the backstop or in the hitters face.

One last thing about MLB, can you set the fielders to field the ball automatically like in MVP put still have the control to throw where you want to?

So far I've tried to play this game for three hours and yet got to play one inning because I do not understand the controls and yes, the manuel that comes in this game is useless for the PC user, it only tells you the Xbox controls.

I've played 2K9-PC- for two days and I have to tell you tha's a pretty good game, it has flaws but they are not major ones.

Once you get familiar with the controls you get to like the game.

Archived