Modding Stadiums Wip

The Big O

Feel free to add things as we go. This will be a one stop shop for modding the graphics

Using the IFF Editor downloadable in the Modding Tools thread, you can extract the various .bmps

Here's a screen shot of the Editor:

iffed.jpg

It seems that the image files are broken up into sequences that have seperate groups.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You extract the graphic as a .png and then edit it in PSP or Photoshop and then drag it back into the IFF Editor as per the readme. I haven't tried it yet...

So, the real issue as expected will be the wireframes. There has to be some way to get it visible. I'm shocked that you've already found graphics moddable.

Also, any idea if UV mapping is available in any capacity?

So, the real issue as expected will be the wireframes. There has to be some way to get it visible. I'm shocked that you've already found graphics moddable.

Also, any idea if UV mapping is available in any capacity?

Not yet, it might be in one of those .bin files that's created when you decompress the .iff or somewhere else in the program directory. I have a feeling that the .cdf file might be collision data...

For now it looks like we are back to MVP 2004 days with repeating ads in some cases.

Another thing, it looks like the night and day graphics are combined. It seems the different lighting is given off using green blue and red coloring on the image file. Red seems to be the orangish yellow tint. I think to get rid of the unrealistic lighting, all one would have to do is make that all black instead of the color it is...

I'm assuming that when an ad repeats in the game there is only one of those ads in the game, correct? So if we replaced the Pepsi ad with a Coke ad the coke ad would be everywhere.

Or are there multiple Pepsi ads?

I'm assuming that when an ad repeats in the game there is only one of those ads in the game, correct? So if we replaced the Pepsi ad with a Coke ad the coke ad would be everywhere.

Or are there multiple Pepsi ads?

It appears there are multiple Pepsi ads. The facade ads for OPACY are mapped repeating though just like in MVP.

Now we just need to find a program to extract the wireframe...

It appears there are multiple Pepsi ads. The facade ads for OPACY are mapped repeating though just like in MVP.

Now we just need to find a program to extract the wireframe...

I guess try out occam's razor: rename the wireframe file's extension to anything that 3dsm or zmod could theoretically load.

Golly gee wiz, now I want to start modding stadiums again, haha. I only have the demo version for now, but at least it has my beloved Citizens Bank Park :-). I will take a look at it within the coming days.

Nice start Big O. Textures can be replaced. We'll see about uv mapping /modeling. I don't even want think about ebo editor.

Some of the stadium modeling is pretty decent in the game. Just some minor tweaks here and there.

Archived