Modding Stadiums Wip

The Big O

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pirate, I know you mentioned you would not get involved with the game after all the bashing from last week, but this game is decent. You should give it a shot. Your mod work is outstanding and would love to see you get your hands on these files.

I may still grab it to mod for fun. I won't play it since I have the show and the game tends to shudder on my comp, but we'll see. Thanks for your compliments.

Yeah, The Show is awesome this year. This game cant compare.

For $20 vs. $460, I'll gladly go with MLB2K9. If 3DM and Showfom can come up with a way to crack the other files, we'll make this game look pretty good. The stadium models are so much better than the ones in MVP. It will be up to VC to give us patches like EA did to take care of the rest and I'm sure they will in time. I doubt they'd try to expand into a new market with a broken game...

What the hell!!

The game is in stores for about 42 hours and 46 mins and it's already modded!

That's a heck of job!!

The graphics can be modded, but we can't edit (yet) to the extent that we could in MVP, so we are pretty much in "MVP 2004" mode right now with repeating ads. Still a lot can be done to edit the graphics, and I'm going to try to do all that I can.

The graphics can be modded, but we can't edit (yet) to the extent that we could in MVP, so we are pretty much in "MVP 2004" mode right now with repeating ads. Still a lot can be done to edit the graphics, and I'm going to try to do all that I can.

Absolutely right! YET is the word to use here ;) We have such gr8 modding guys here, and the game is still just 44 hours old ;)

Rumor has it that the EBO editor works for the wire frams and textures. Or is that a dirty untrue rumor.

What we need is for Rolie to figure out how to get teh stadiums in Zmod.

kinda true

you guys should look at this for nba 2k9 headshape editing

http://nbavg.org/dubsmods/2009/02/16/nba-2...dshape-editing/

for stadiums, it is pretty much the same thing for nba 2k9. block1 or block0 dat files seem to hold the vertex data for them and the only way to get at those files is with iffset (only works with XP)

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=62380

we made a few attempts at getting zmod people's attention to no avail. if you guys make any progress, let us know, it looks like these two games and their communities can benefit from each other even more than the MVP, NBA Live and NHL games.

kinda true

you guys should look at this for nba 2k9 headshape editing

http://nbavg.org/dubsmods/2009/02/16/nba-2...dshape-editing/

for stadiums, it is pretty much the same thing for nba 2k9. block1 or block0 dat files seem to hold the vertex data for them and the only way to get at those files is with iffset (only works with XP)

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=62380

we made a few attempts at getting zmod people's attention to no avail. if you guys make any progress, let us know, it looks like these two games and their communities can benefit from each other even more than the MVP, NBA Live and NHL games.

I used iffset at first to unpack the .iff and I did see those dat files but had no idea what to do with them. There was a bunch of other files as well that didn't have extensions and just alphanumeric characters.

Texturing in this game is a different animal. Now texture maps and lighting are used to create life like effects on them id imagine it will take some time to relearn texturing for this style of modeling.

For stadium images, lighting is achieved using RGB. Green is one color, Red is another and Blue is another. In addition to editing the ads, there's another image file that has the lit up ads that is colored red. And there is a image file for each building at night for the window lights that can be edited to take away that unnatural lighting.

Hey, does someone think they could get me the Citizens Bank Park ads? Mainly the wall ads, the ashburn alley store fronts, and the ads on the seats in right field. I have all the accurate ad textures on my computer and I would like to update them for MLB 2k9. However, the iff program doesn't work for me since I have Vista 64 bit. If anyone could send these images my way, I would greatly appreciate it.

One more thing I should add as the built-in lighting effects pretty much determine the image coloring and shading, that we will only have to edit one .iff unlike MVP which had a day and night version of each stadium. And I would assume that the wireframe is also the same way if we can ever get to it to mod it. It's nice not to have to create two graphics files for every texture you want to replace.

Hopefully this will make modding this game that much less time consuming. And as rolie pointed out, there are only a few stadiums that need massive overhauls like Fenway.

Archived