Modding Stadiums Wip

The Big O

I don't even want think about ebo editor.

I looked at a uncompressed IFF of player head 0005 in a hexeditor and I think I found where the headshape data may be at, but it looks alot different than the data in NBA 2K9.

Texturing in this game is a different animal. Now texture maps and lighting are used to create life like effects on them id imagine it will take some time to relearn texturing for this style of modeling.

It's not that hard. Just modify the effect maps to see what difference it makes.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I broke down and started fiddling with the files... it's just like MVP 2004 and 2005 before the Oedit breakthrough. We need something to move textures and remap the textures...

gabp2_mlb2k9.jpg

gabp_MLB2K9.jpg

If nothing else we can use some of the textures in this game to make MVP stadiums that much better.

So I broke down and started fiddling with the files... it's just like MVP 2004 and 2005 before the Oedit breakthrough. We need something to move textures and remap the textures...

If nothing else we can use some of the textures in this game to make MVP stadiums that much better.

Yeah 04 all over again, without Eagraph or Oedit. Ebo Editor is a bit daunting. I don't think I can go back to 05 since 2k9 has widescreen fixed and way better dynamic lighting. If only fielding wasn't so goofy sometimes in 2k9.

Pirate I still can't believe you got 2k9. Once a modder always a modder. :D

Pirate, minor request here. Can you look into Wrigley's scoreboard and see if you can copy the one from MVP? The one in the game seems to be always blank. No pressure. Just a suggestion.

THIS ISN'T A REQUEST THREAD

I wasn't around for MVP 2004 so I want to make sure I know what you guys are talking about.

Are you saying that something needs to be figured out in respect to the textures because the same textures are used for multiple stadiums, and are not separated like they would be in MVP 2005? As in, the texture for a Pepsi Ad in one stadium is the same exact texture that's used for a similar Pepsi Ad in another?

I wasn't around for MVP 2004 so I want to make sure I know what you guys are talking about.

Are you saying that something needs to be figured out in respect to the textures because the same textures are used for multiple stadiums, and are not separated like they would be in MVP 2005? As in, the texture for a Pepsi Ad in one stadium is the same exact texture that's used for a similar Pepsi Ad in another?

Pirate is referring more to the locations of ads in a ballpark. That was the big thing that OEdit allowed us to do in MVP 04 and 05. But it did also allow us to remove repeating ads in a ballpark. But we could also do things like reshape the ads as well.

If there are ads in the stadiums that are from some universal file that all the stadiums use, a program like OEdit could be used to move another file over to cover those, so that things stay unique.

But as others have said, these stadiums need far less work than MVP did. It's mostly ad swapping that is needed.

Some stadiums are easier to mod than others. Like Wrigley for example doesn't have a lot of ads repeating. It still isn't right, but at least I was able to get rid of the stupid State Farm ad.

wrigley2.jpg

And add in the Budweiser ad.

wrigley.jpg

Yes but this game appears to also have far less stadiums than the last version, in as no retro stadiums (other than the Polo Grounds). So, all the wonderful ZMod work building stadium from scratch will have to...well, start from scratch.

It's really too bad they scrapped most of the extra stadiums - I was hoping they kept all of the ones from the minors. I was disappointed that there were only three AAA stadiums. The overall count seems to be 35 (30 MLB stadiums, 3 AAA stadiums, the Polo Grounds, and the All-Star version of Busch (technically another stadium as it is its own file). Hopefully wireframe/UV Map editing can be possible so the lack of variety can be fixed...

It's really too bad they scrapped most of the extra stadiums - I was hoping they kept all of the ones from the minors. I was disappointed that there were only three AAA stadiums. The overall count seems to be 35 (30 MLB stadiums, 3 AAA stadiums, the Polo Grounds, and the All-Star version of Busch (technically another stadium as it is its own file). Hopefully wireframe/UV Map editing can be possible so the lack of variety can be fixed...

There are no Spring Training stadiums?

This is what I think. I think since new people took over this game, they did what they could under their deadlines. I read at their site how people were just bashing away until a moderator came out to put everyone in their place by stating that PC users should be happy that there even is a PC version. Which in a way is true. There are good and bad things, but let's remember that we have a PC game for the first time since MVP 05. If we are supportive about this pc version maybe we can have something more fulfilled next year and in the coming years. Let this not be the end of PC baseball. Yea, I wish the classic stadiums were there. I wish more minor league stadiums were there. But let's just be happy that the 30 original stadiums that should be there are wonderfully done IMO. I for one was thrilled that there was a PC baseball game, which I never expected anymore. And I am happy that for $20, and the ability to mod certain things, I can live with it.

Some stadiums are easier to mod than others. Like Wrigley for example doesn't have a lot of ads repeating. It still isn't right, but at least I was able to get rid of the stupid State Farm ad.

If there is no State Farm, then I guess we'll just say, "And like a good neighbor, Pirate is there....." :lol:

Archived