Mlb 2k9 Iff Edtior Beta 9

Showfom

The tool is the same as NBA 2K9 IFF Editor and I change the title of the software and replace the icon.

Enjoy it.

If you don't know how to use it, there's a video tutorial

http://nba-2k.com/iff-editor-video-tutorial/

Sorry for my bad English

Download:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?autocom=d...p;showfile=4677

And I empower MVPmods.com to release this tool if we update it.

I think maybe the modding tool can be released someday.

Thank you.

ya apperantly vista 64 dosnt like this this very will, which is bad, because i love working on uniforms. anyone throw what it does seem work on?

the probelm just as note seems that program will tself, but you cant get it to load and save anything. at least for me that whats happening

ya apperantly vista 64 dosnt like this this very will, which is bad, because i love working on uniforms. anyone throw what it does seem work on?

the probelm just as note seems that program will tself, but you cant get it to load and save anything. at least for me that whats happening

I dunno if it works on vista 64. Did you check out his video tutorial?

Here's a quick paraphrase

First you have to decompress the file. By dragging the .iff file onto the Decompress.exe

I don't use the load button at all. I use the open button. Find the newly decompressed to open.

Browse to texture you want to edit, then save as .png

edit png in image editor. save as png when finished

I then drag and drop the file from my file manager to the iff editor.

before drag and dropping, make sure the texture(the one you want to replace) is showing in the editor.

Just copy and paste the .iff file into the main 2k9 directory. The program saves automatically after replacing any texture.

FYI back up your files before editing replacing anything

you you said it doesnt work on vista 64 as is, but what you said beyond that is not something i understand yet. its sucks because im vista 64, but do we know works with at this pont, i'm getting ready to dual boot, so maybe some can tell me whats best for the game and moding it

I started fooling around with the directory files. Anyone notice how many sig_battingstance_player files they are. I thought that maybe i could switch some batting stances in the game, but I was sadly mmistaken. My experiment was to swap gary sheffield's stance with nick markakis. Not because it should be swapped, but because Sheffield's stance I could pick out of a crowd. I tried this by deleting sig_stance_nick_markaks_0.iff i think its called and the one with a 1 at the end. I replaced it by copying sheffield's file and renaming it sig_stance_nick...blah blah blah. NO DICE. This is either good news or bad news. Godd news that all the stances are here for some reason (create a player) or BAD news the stances are hard coded or hidden somewhere else. ANybody got any ideas? O I even deleted nick markakis' file out of the directory and he stilll had his batting stance and the game didnt crash.

I started fooling around with the directory files. Anyone notice how many sig_battingstance_player files they are. I thought that maybe i could switch some batting stances in the game, but I was sadly mmistaken. My experiment was to swap gary sheffield's stance with nick markakis. Not because it should be swapped, but because Sheffield's stance I could pick out of a crowd. I tried this by deleting sig_stance_nick_markaks_0.iff i think its called and the one with a 1 at the end. I replaced it by copying sheffield's file and renaming it sig_stance_nick...blah blah blah. NO DICE. This is either good news or bad news. Godd news that all the stances are here for some reason (create a player) or BAD news the stances are hard coded or hidden somewhere else. ANybody got any ideas? O I even deleted nick markakis' file out of the directory and he stilll had his batting stance and the game didnt crash.

My guess is that there is probably a header in the sig_stance_nick_markaks_0.iff file which says something like PLAYER_STANCE = NICK_MARKAKS. Based on the way the game loads up all of the data files on startup it probably loads all of those named .iff files but looks at the header as to how to assign them. So simply changing the filename will not change how the stance is assigned in the game. Eventually we could probably change the head or other variables in the .iff and thus change the stance. Like I said this is just a guess.

My guess is that there is probably a header in the sig_stance_nick_markaks_0.iff file which says something like PLAYER_STANCE = NICK_MARKAKS. Based on the way the game loads up all of the data files on startup it probably loads all of those named .iff files but looks at the header as to how to assign them. So simply changing the filename will not change how the stance is assigned in the game. Eventually we could probably change the head or other variables in the .iff and thus change the stance. Like I said this is just a guess.

Yea I understand that but I didnt just change the filename. I pretty much made gary sheffield's file the same as markakis'.

? do we know if running the iff editor problem is totally vista not able to, or do we think its more related to 64 bit, meaning 32 bit can run it?

I'm guessing it's Vista because the app has some d3d9 .dll s with it. Since Vista using a different version if DX9 than XP it's probably a conflict somewhere in there.

will if that the case, short of installing xp, going threw all of that stuff, the next best possibly would be to gather a copy of all the iff were looking at editing, from the system to a usb or other ext. hdd and puting on a system that xp, doing the iff doing iff, taking that material back tot the computer with the photoshop or what ever you use, doing the editing, copying that back to the ext. device, and going threw the iff to get back inot the iff it needs to be, then that back to the original files place.

i dont any other way at the moment.

Archived