Mlb 2k9 Iff Edtior Beta 9

Showfom

So...no uses a virtualization program like VirtualBox so that you won't have to dual-boot or replace your OS install?

You can open a window with XP running while still using Vista.

Well that's another thing that made me think it's a DX issue, not 64 bit. I have Windows Virtual Machine and XP installed (32 bit). But I can't run this app at all on the VM. I'm guessing it's because the VM uses a generic video driver which does not support DX9. I also can't play any DX9 games on that VM.

ths beginning to sound like i'm up a creek, here. if i could run xp in vurial way without installling inside of vista and the iff would run with that xp vm, then i'd be good, still like i'll go about this the hard way. take the iff i need, assuming i figure which one are related to uniforms, copy to the ext device, then get them to xp system do the iff there, back to the device for editing, do the iff agian then back putting the files in the place where they go for the game.

your sure? if that the case, then i might be able to do that. its still a dual boot situation, but i is more likely to function than trying to start over or getting xp installed after vista exit, wish a mess a to getting working. getting vista 64 and vista 32 running in dual-boot should be ok, can if vista 32 and handle the the iff editor, then maybe i an do that.

i will here's the least! either the editor doesn't work in vista. not complelty anyway, and i realize its beta, oo i'm using it right. i installed my 32 bit version and am getting the exact same problems as before. now either vista take will this this one or the i'm miss understanding the readme that came in the zip file, so we'll see what happens.

anyone knows about this, add to this thread.

dont know what to do at this point. i think i need to start over, but i need someone to tell me in steps if they, and not point to the video, know here this exactly this needs to be installed, and how to use it. first off what would be the matter of the os, what the editor seems to work with and not, then the placement what got to go in what folders and so forth, then the steps to using it properally.

i am unable to get this to work properly for me in windows xp. when i click run it says "application failed to initialize properly" i've downloaded and redownloaded several times and even a reboot didn't fix it. what is causing this?

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=37438

is another thread related to this, but if you read at least for some of us this will work. the key is in a cpouple post in there about draging tthe iff you want into the bin, then decompressing the iff and then use the editor to open the iff in the bin folder apperaently. this for vista 32 ultmate, as dont about xp at this point.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I just read something that makes me so relieved. It appears that the new Windows 7 will have the ability to run in "XP mode", meaning that I will (or at least, should) have the ability to use any function that works with XP but not with Vista.

i'm trying to change the crappy cleats in the game with the custom nike ones someone made:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=39059

however, even with the global file downloaded from there, using custom rosters, i have most of the players missing the new cleats.

and someone told me i have to do this:

When you put them in "the 2 bump texture slots" it will give all the players in the game new shoes!

It's quick and easy.

Get the Bump textures from here.....

Get the 1 skin texture here....

Use IffEditor and find the 3 correct slots, drop them in, copy and past global file in game folder.

i got the IFFedit beta 9 but i have no idea how to "find the 3 correct slots, drop them in, copy and past global file in game folder".

i have no experience doing this edit stuff so i would really appreciate it if someone help me do this.

thanks.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived