My Impressions...pc Version

Treeroot

Picked upped the game yesterday at EB games. Have been a PC Baseball Gamer since High Heat 2001 and then on to MVP04 and MVP05. Been hoping and praying for a new PC Baseball game since MVP05.

The Mods here have really given MVP05 life. Wish I had the talent to pitch in but alas, I don't.

Possitives

1 Looks good

2 Really like the way the game pitches

3 Pitcher/Batter confrontation is very good

4 Ball physics and hit variety are good

Negative

1 Franchise is broken, no free agents get signed. Tough to see Manny sitting out there in Free Agency after the season has started.

2 The first baseman often comes off the bag too early allowing the runner to be safe...way too often.

3 Baserunning controls are goofy, still haven't quite figured them out.

4 Fielding controls are wonky. Often attempt to throw and the player just holds onto the ball. This is really bad when attempting a DP. The second baseman always throws a rainbow, unless I'm doing something wrong.

5 Way too much contact by both the CPU and user.

6 CPU pitcher throws way too many strikes.

7 No way, at least that I can find, to view the opposing lineup. How am I supposed to decide on whether to bring in a lefty or righty reliever when I have no visual way to see the opponents lineup. Guess I'm supposed to memorize it.

All in all if they would patch the most agregious things like the broken franchise and the first baseman errors and the weird fielding I'd be pretty happy.

A six out of ten for me...

...oops sorry, just noticed there was an impressions thread.

Archived