Help Support The Pc Patch Cause!

kraken613

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I got an idea. Lets all match over the 2k forums, act like 3 years olds and **** off they very people we need to be on our side

sounds like a good plan to me

Yeah. Baffles me too.

I already had conversations w/ a few moderators over there, letting them know our joint community (MVPmods and EAmods) is not going to condone (or even allow) such behavior.

They pretty much have to release a patch. Even if its only to fix this franchise bug, which is an absolute killer for the PC version, especially without online play.

This is from my PM to Cougar...the Mod on the 2k forum. Although at first he came across not so good, he's just relaying what the developers tell him (they are the bad guys in all this). He's on our side.

Originally Posted by joshtribe

"TY Cougar...I guess I won't shoot the messenger....lol.

As someone with connections to the 2k team....I hope you will be an advocate for the PC crowd."

No worries. There is plenty of advocating going on with all aspects and versions of the game. Even we get shutout of the conversations sometimes. Just the nature of the business.

I'm sorry for being negative, but I don't think we'll see a patch for this game. They had no intention on patching the PC version before they released it. They made it seem like we're lucky just to get the PC version. The demo was like a bonus. A patch would be like winnin' the lottery. 2K seems to always need money and with the bad global economy, I would think they're only gonna care about where the money is ( consoles ).

Also, MLB Front Office Manager is a good example of why I'm sayin' what I'm sayin'. 2K seems to have lost complete interest in improving that game, which is probably because of the poor profit it generated for them.

I can understand why 2K does some things, but if they have no intention on supporting a version of the game they released, that's just bad business. Customers will dwindle.. Their income will follow.. 2K Sports may have to sell their MLB license just to make ends meet in the future.

I'm sorry for being negative, but I don't think we'll see a patch for this game. They had no intention on patching the PC version before they released it. They made it seem like we're lucky just to get the PC version. The demo was like a bonus. A patch would be like winnin' the lottery. 2K seems to always need money and with the bad global economy, I would think they're only gonna care about where the money is ( consoles ).

Also, MLB Front Office Manager is a good example of why I'm sayin' what I'm sayin'. 2K seems to have lost complete interest in improving that game, which is probably because of the poor profit it generated for them.

I can understand why 2K does some things, but if they have no intention on supporting a version of the game they released, that's just bad business. Customers will dwindle.. Their income will follow.. 2K Sports may have to sell their MLB license just to make ends meet in the future.

'fraid not.

If 2K9 ignores the PC market, it's because it is simply NOT a profit center for them (or for anybody) in sports gaming.

If they get the idea that there is "real" money to be made (even a third of what they make in the console markets) in the PC market, they WILL support the PC users. It may not be with 2K9. But you could potentially see a vastly improved 2K10, if the response to 2K9 is positive.

The ability for them to gauge the reaction to 2K9 will be limited by the franchise problems (coupled w/ the fact that there is no online playability). THIS REASON is why I think we might see a PC patch. Because 2K9 is likely their idea of testing the market to decide if 2K10 is something they want to invest "real" money in.

After a little bit of tension with the 2k moderators last night we did convince them to start a PC Patch sticky, and it's been fairly active. Please make all PC bug/patch post in this thread

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210005

Please be respectful of the mods, devs and 2K in general. Remember we didn't have a PC baseball game for several years and while the MVP mods have been a god send lets not make them regret releasing this game on the PC.

I just bought the game, I'm downloading it now. For anyone wondering, gamestop has it up for download on their site.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_ID=73956

I played the demo and thought the commentary was great! They did call some off things and were incorrect, but it isn't going to be perfect.

That's awesome that it's now available via DD. I think that will definitely be a big boost to PC sales which will factor into how much support 2K gives to this title.

Most likely they are waiting for initial sales numbers of the PC if revenue numbers are not what they favored they will not patch and go back to ignoring this market, if it does to their liking a patch would be a gift

I just hope things dont go down south like it is hinted to be going, but this is the way with 2k sports and their mlb division they just want to put minimal efforts and market the game like it is anything but that to create false impressions every year. You would think they would make an ambitious leap and deliver a much expected sound game that should translate in more sales. It seems like chicanery and hiding behind their mlb exclusive license seems to be working nicely for them otherwise they would get the picture by now...

Man a lurker is posting. I guess this kind of thing really really fires me up.

Sometimes I'm good with some words, and sometimes I'm not, so I'm going to ramble a bit for a second so anyone can use my thoughts to put something coherent together and put one hell of a flame to the 2k boards.

---Start rant---

Why do you think there is hostility about a pc patch from the consumer? We have been getting the short end of the stick for how many years compared to the xboxes and PS(x)es

I am fed up with being treated as a second class citizen. That's right, I'm a PC gamer. I have games that get released for my platform up to six months later then the "counsels" (Madden, GTA, hell how long did it take halo to get to PC?), I get half the service then the counsel gamers, both from the company, and from the retail outlets. I even get all of my sports games dropped from my platform because it was a business decision, even though people probably don't buy the software because of all of the things I say above.I don't get half of the features of other games, and yet I still buy software.

Day in and day out, I get screwed over by being a PC gamer. Hell I had to go to three different stores and call around to several others just to get a copy of 2K9. Repeatedly I heard "I don't think I have it" "well could you check", "no I'm sure they don't make it, it's not in my computer here". EB, Gamestop, I'm looking at you two. I finally get it. Lets say I get a showstopper bug. I can not take it back, because computers are evil, because I can "copy" the software. Get real, how many people really do that, If I wanted to pirate the software I could go to a torrent site and get it. I went out of my freaking way just to get a game. Two hours, and in those two hours I COULD have torrented it, but no I did not, I put my hard earned money down to pay for a game.

So here I am asking a company to fix/make better/give the same treatment as the other platforms. People have legitimate concerns, since most other companies have jerked around the PC folks year in and year out. Look at Madden (I know different company). Features were broken for SEVERAL years, and all they got were updated rosters packaged in a new game. One year there was a bug that made some part of the game almost unplayable. Game was released 4 months later, and then people complained and complained. All the patch that FINALLY came out, was an updated roster.

---end rant---

It needs some cleaning up, and more examples of games "ported" to the pc from another platform.

but if we band together, I think we could show that if we got the same customer service AND product, I'm sure the sales would not be an "afterthought".

Oh man I have been in that 2K forum for years now and does't wonder about your post anymore guys for 1 year I fighted for a Region Code Free version of MLB 2K9 on the Xbox 360 and as you can see nobody listen and I have that bad feeling the same will happen with us PC gamers this year.

If you really wanne get things rollin you should get into contact with 2K Admin Ron since he's the only one who if so can change things because he is the man that gets closest to the developers.

For me there is only one last hope that EA takes back the MLB rights in 2011 so we all can sleep back at night.

Isn't it possible for you smart guys to patch this franchise bug by yourself ? I mean as far as I undrstood you just have to set the money of the Teams back to a high where they can pay free agents and there current contracts right ? isn't that possible to be done by one self ?

Is there anything our talented modders can do about fixing the AI swinging at everything close to the strike zone or is that something only 2K can do? That really is the biggest thing that bugs me about the game.

Is there anything our talented modders can do about fixing the AI swinging at everything close to the strike zone or is that something only 2K can do? That really is the biggest thing that bugs me about the game.

Sombody at the 2K forums found out that every batter is rated D for walks isn't it possible to edit the players anymore ?

Really the only issue (for me at least) is the frequency, or lack there of, of first pitch strikes being taken. It seems like once you get past the first pitch of an at bat the CPU is much more realistic with taking strikes and swinging at balls. Yeah the PC is a little aggressive but I think they should be for a video game.

Isn't it possible for you smart guys to patch this franchise bug by yourself ? I mean as far as I undrstood you just have to set the money of the Teams back to a high where they can pay free agents and there current contracts right ? isn't that possible to be done by one self ?

ask the people who work on Falcon 4 what happens when you patch code that is copyrighted.

A game that is almost a decade old... and I think every time they try to mod or do any "exe" edits (core game issues) they get C&D letters.

and the "rights" for the game has switched hands three times now.

First of all, I completely agree with the poster who said let's make requests, not demands. They are, after all, the ones in charge of the product, and we can ***** and moan all we want, I think we still don't have the "right" to make demands.

That said, I don't care if the PC version is $20 or two bucks, if the game is broken it needs to be fixed. I can live with batters hitting at everything, the occasional funky fielding error or even the moronic first base thing (as long as it's only every once in a while), but you cannot launch a game with its basic core -the franchise mode- broken and not do anything about it.

So if anybody from 2k is reading this, thanks for bringing back baseball to pc users, we all appreciate it hugely, but just take a second to a look at some of those fundamental issues and you'll see it needs to be fixed.

1) Franchise bugs

2) CPU AI in regards to free-swinging; all batters having horrible walk ratings and a high overall rating

3) 1st baseman not always knowing where the bag is

4) Outfielders randomly dropping routine fly balls

They patch those 4 things, and MVP 2005 is probably shelved for eternity. They leave them as is, I don't see this game replacing the old standard. This game has the potential to be great, but the problem is that the issues which exist really hinder the enjoyment of it. Especially the fielding. I could live with a free swinging CPU if they fixed the fielding and franchise bugs.

Well we cant expect everything to be perfect, and while alot of the ruckus on the formus was misguided and rude, it did eventually result in a serious thread for the problems, which exist in mant games on release. Patches will probably come, but more people buying the game will help that cuase and that might be accomplished if we were to start making some SWEET mods for it that make those snobby console fool move over to PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived