Citi Field Preview

driz14

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here is the down low when you get the field installed. You are going to see the Budweiser ad outlining the other ads such as the superpages ad, subway ad, spongetech ad, and all those. Nothing I can do about that. 2k decided to use the giant black 2k Sports ad that was there on the centerfield scoreboard and use the background color to outline those ads. The Geico ad in the lower right front of the center field scoreboard and the Chevy ad. Nothing I can do about how bright they are. No matter how dark I make them, they glow like the 4th of july. The only 2 ones that do that. I can tell you that the Union logos in the ad in left field goes on blurry for some reason when its a high res picture. So I can't figure that one out. There is not much I can do about the repeating ads. I decided not to use the amtrak ad in left field because you will rarely see it there(it's a repeating ad). Instead I used the ad that you would see the most when you are batting, which is the superpages.com ad. Same goes for the padding in the backstop. At night it gets OVERLY bright and the darker I make it, the worse it looks in the daytime. Other than that, enjoy the stadium!!!! Should be released in 30.

If you see ANY other problems as far as things that are not looking right, maybe something that looks low res, post it here so I can adjust it if possible and necessary.

I didn't leave out the 408, you can't put the 408 or anything else in there besides on the wall with the ads on it. Otherwise I would have. Funny part is, if you look at the files in the iff editor, you see the 408 in there, but it does not come up in the stadium. I guess its a 2k mistake.

Totally Amazing:

I came into this thread just MLB2K9 curious, and left jaw dropped.. I've read every post here including certain potental thread derailing comments and I must say I absolutely loved watching your CitiField Stadium Mod grow. It was almost like witnessing a real life construction..

Great thread & wonderful work/photo ethic driz 14

Totally Amazing:

I came into this thread just MLB2K9 curious, and left jaw dropped.. I've read every post here including certain potental thread derailing comments and I must say I absolutely loved watching your CitiField Stadium Mod grow. It was almost like witnessing a real life construction..

Great thread & wonderful work/photo ethic driz 14

Thanks DARKSPACE, appreciate the comment. It was a lot of fun working on the stadium as more of it became revealed. Hopefully you can join us in the 2k9 PC realm. A lot of amazing guys here working with mods. Hats off to everyone!

Hey guys, I updated Citi Field and the left field walls I removed the Citi banner, because well, it just is not in the right place. I shifted over the verizon and union labor banners and added in the new the Lincoln banner. Made all the ads a bit bigger as well. They were a bit on the small side before. Also replaced the brick texture behind home plate again. Should be out in a few.

Driz, excellent work. I downloaded and used last night, looks very good. I went to a game there a few weeks ago, it's breathtaking. You did a remarkable job re-creating the look. Hats off.

Yeah the mod looks great. I really wish I could use it. It makes my system move at the pace of a baby when I load it up. I like how you were able to remove the flag poles. Looks like you guys are making progress as far as 2k9 stadium modding goes.

Yeah the mod looks great. I really wish I could use it. It makes my system move at the pace of a baby when I load it up. I like how you were able to remove the flag poles. Looks like you guys are making progress as far as 2k9 stadium modding goes.

Funny you should say that cause I thought that's what was making my games slow, but when I re-installed the default Citi Field there was very little if any difference in frame rates. After a lot of experimental tweaking with video settings, I am at top frame rates with a 1024x728 res with a Intel single core 2.93GHz and 2GB ram.

Unlike modding stadiums in MVP, a mod in 2K9 shouldn't have any adverse effects on gameplay, since at this time we're limited to doing 1 for 1 swaps. We can't increase the resolution of the ads, we're just able to change how they look. The only difference between modding and not modding is that the modded stadiums are decompressed.

Unlike modding stadiums in MVP, a mod in 2K9 shouldn't have any adverse effects on gameplay, since at this time we're limited to doing 1 for 1 swaps. We can't increase the resolution of the ads, we're just able to change how they look. The only difference between modding and not modding is that the modded stadiums are decompressed.

If that were the case, I wish I could put my finger on the problem. I had no trouble running the default Citi Field. As soon as I installed this one, anytime the ball was put into play, the game would slow down considerably. Regardless, I need a new computer.

Hmmm, that is interesting you guys are having a framerate issue. I could use either the default one or the modded one and run at a normal framerate. I'd try to fix it, but I wouldn't even be able to see the problem on my end.

Archived