The Official Mlb2k9 Pc Patch #1 Thread

joshtribe

This thread is for notification of the impending release and discussion of all issues patch related.

Yes, you read that right...impending release. Ron on 2k's forum officially announced that there will be a PC patch.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211682

Thanks to all who contacted 2k over the past couple weeks demanding a patch. And thanks to 2k for coming through. Let's hope this patch (and any future patches) will make this the greatest PC baseball game of all time.

That's great news but I really don't think "Ron" knows what he is talking about. Originally he stated that the PC wouldn't get a patch because the PC version had no online functionality. That's a new one to me, anyway this guy usually seems lost in the sauce. It's like calling tech support for your local ISP and pretty sure you've reached Bangladesh instead.

yea this is great because they can make the game a lot better with the feedback of everyone who's played it. if they released the pc demo before the official release date, they would've had a better game right out've the box.

hopefully, though, the patch will fix things which the modders can't fix, like animation bugs and the menus. anyway this gives me more reason to buy the game.

That's great news but I really don't think "Ron" knows what he is talking about. Originally he stated that the PC wouldn't get a patch because the PC version had no online functionality. That's a new one to me, anyway this guy usually seems lost in the sauce. It's like calling tech support for your local ISP and pretty sure you've reached Bangladesh instead.

I've only been back for less than an hour after a few weeks out and have only glanced briefly at the 2K forum, but from what I can see, Ron is simply an administrator of the forum. He may not work for, or be officially associated with 2K Sports in any professional capacity at all - he just moderates the forum.

I say "simply" and "just" with no disrespect intended to Ron - IMO, he's doing a damn good job, considering the amount of idiots that seem to post there with their demands and "opinions", but to emphasise that he may not be employed by or accountable to 2K Sports in any way.

With that said, a patch is good news.

*Lurk Mode: Off*

I'm a little confused by the wording of Ron's post regarding the PC patch - he could be saying both the day one issues and the new problems (hitting aggression mostly) will be patched, or he could be saying we're just getting the day one stuff for now.

Regardless, it's good to know 2k got the message about us wanting a patch. :)

I've only been back for less than an hour after a few weeks out and have only glanced briefly at the 2K forum, but from what I can see, Ron is simply an administrator of the forum. He may not work for, or be officially associated with 2K Sports in any professional capacity at all - he just moderates the forum.

I say "simply" and "just" with no disrespect intended to Ron - IMO, he's doing a damn good job, considering the amount of idiots that seem to post there with their demands and "opinions", but to emphasise that he may not be employed by or accountable to 2K Sports in any way.

With that said, a patch is good news.

Ron is a hired staff of 2K, he does public relations. The moderators are the guys who just admin the forum, although i'm pretty sure Ron does that now and then too.

Ron is a hired staff of 2K, he does public relations. The moderators are the guys who just admin the forum, although i'm pretty sure Ron does that now and then too.

i hope ron gets a good paycheck. not 'couse he's good at his job but becouse of the amount of abuse he has to tolerate on a daily basis. he's like a whipping boy on that forum, and he never answers back, and if he does he does it in a polite manner. he's like a village idiot - you feel sorry for him. but he's still an idiot :D

Let's hope this patch (and any future patches) will make this the greatest PC baseball game of all time.

When this game can last 4 years and still be relevant (which it won't) we can then start considering it for the greatest PC baseball game of all time. As it stands right now, it's a pretty awful game with great "next gen" graphics and a nice presentation. If "The Show" were available for PC NOONE would be talking about 2k9 right now. Basically, MLB 2K9 may look nice but it isn't even in the same league as MVP when it comes to being a realistic baseball sim.

i had the weirdest out ever right now. i played the yankees with my red sox. beckett leads a-rod 1-2 so i decide to throw a curve low and hope he bites. and he does, but the pitch ends up in the dirt. i run after a-rod with varitek but i can't cacth him so i throw it to first. youk misses the ball and it skips in the rf to baldelli. i start swearing at this stupit buggy game and then i throw the ball to my cut off guy (pedroia) who's standing next to first base. here comes the weird part: a-rod is not standing on the base. he's a yard away. so i guide pedroia to him, tag him, and he's out! wtf! i started to laugh and then i quit couse it was so stupid i didn't want to finish the game.

Hey all from the cold United Kingdom,

I wanted to give you more details about Patch 2 as they have been passed to me. The patch is almost ready for submission as the final tweaks are being made. From there, it must go through the proper approvals which puts it a minimum of two weeks out. But I did want to share JUST A FEW (read NOT ALL) of the things it will address:

AI Agressiveness

Home Run Totals

Fly balls in the outfield tweaked so ghastly fielding errors will be a thing of the past

1st baseman stepping off bag has been tweaked

Issues with the pitch overlay hud

Fixed pickoffs, especially to 2nd base

Roster issues as it pertains to subsituting pitchers and bench

There is more news to come, but wanted to share at least these fixes with you. Thanks!

yay At least it will be sorta playable now.

this is definitely good news because I was really close to being done with this game after seeing the braindead AI in the offseason first hand. Ah well back to MVP 08 until this patch comes. probably gonna be another month or so until it comes for us pc folks.

yea this is great because they can make the game a lot better with the feedback of everyone who's played it. if they released the pc demo before the official release date, they would've had a better game right out've the box.

hopefully, though, the patch will fix things which the modders can't fix, like animation bugs and the menus. anyway this gives me more reason to buy the game.

If they actually tested the game before they released it, the game would've been better outta the box. I don't have much faith in a company that can't hire a few people to play the game 5 to 10 times before it's sold to the public. Why the hell should we have to pay to be beta testers ?? I don't have great expectations for this game and honestly, I don't think 2K did either. There's a problem with that. They hold the MLB license, yet, SCEA makes a much more accurate baseball game.

The bugs in this game are unacceptable and ruin the experience of the game. A game is supposed to be enjoyed. It's hard to enjoy MLB 2K9 when it's loaded with annoying bugs that cause in the park HRs ( or triples that should've been routine fly balls ) and too many errors. It defeats the purpose of playing a game. And if anyone is thinking about saying that I'm bashing the game, think about it.. all I've actually done here is state facts.

Anyone know if there's an actual release date set for the pc patch? The game has a lot of potential and I am looking forward to seeing how much the patch improves the gameplay.

From reading the forms at 2k9.com, it sounds like maybe the 1st of April.

Archived