1st Baseman Bug

Hoop27

I was over at the 2K forums and someone had an interesting idea that may actually be right.

When the first baseman comes off the bag a lot are you using a right handed or left handed first baseman?

The guy over there is swearing that it doesnt happen with left handed first baseman. but not with right handed ones.

I havent played it enough to verify this but it does sound somewhat accurate, can anyone else confirm this as plausible?

The 1B bug is that people who don't know how to field have problems keeping their 1B on the bag, lol.

No really it is a bug, but it doesn't happen very often if you field correctly. I get it once every 10 or so games with a right handed 1B. More so if they AI is bunting a lot, that seems to increase the risk of him coming off. The way he stands when they bunt often puts him off the bag.

I actually had the first baseman bug in reverse this morning. Had a ground ball to shortstop, played up fine, threw in the green with the right stick, the first baseman was off the bag (multiple angles of replays verified this), but the runner was called out. RH first baseman BTW.

So, apparently it can go both ways.

I've played 12 games so far, and it's only happened to me once with Adam LaRoche, who is left-handed.

it happens with texiera too many times a game.. does anyone know when the patch for 2k9 is coming out have they annouced that yet?

I don't know if this is the same problem or not, but my issue isn't the first baseman coming off the bag, my problem is there are times he isn't standing on the bag to begin with. He's about 3-4 feet to the left and makes no attempt to get to the bag after the throw. This happens about once every 4-5 games for myself.

I don't know if this is the same problem or not, but my issue isn't the first baseman coming off the bag, my problem is there are times he isn't standing on the bag to begin with. He's about 3-4 feet to the left and makes no attempt to get to the bag after the throw. This happens about once every 4-5 games for myself.

Does your infield have some weak arms?

OK,

I was absolutely losing my sanity (what little is left of it) over this first baseman pulling his foot. I do seem to have it under some control. First, try to get some strong arm infielders. That really seems to help. But most importantly, immediately, after you release your infielder's throw, push down on the left analog stick, making the firstbseman step on the bag. That helps.

I've yet to see this bug at all in 20+ games and I'm using a RH 1B. Could it be an operator error, IE when you complete your throw from the IF are you still holding a direction with the left stick? If so this could be transferred to the 1B as the ball is going to him causing him to come off the bag?

I've yet to see this bug at all in 20+ games and I'm using a RH 1B. Could it be an operator error, IE when you complete your throw from the IF are you still holding a direction with the left stick? If so this could be transferred to the 1B as the ball is going to him causing him to come off the bag?

I throw using buttons and get this bug at least twice a game. It happens in any situation weather I throw the ball hard or soft or hold the button down or not. It is completely random. Maybe it is an attribute the fielder has that is too low? and that is possibly why it doesn't happen to some people?

I used to use the stick but with it sometimes I throw to the wrong base if I'm not exact on my thumb movement. I will try again and see if I get the bug.

Throwing with the right analog stick instead of the buttons seems to correct it .. i have done this with my games and have not had one instance since ...

I've heard people say this but i've always thrown with it and when i first started playing i saw it a lot. After i had some practice, i rarely see it.

Throwing with the right analog stick instead of the buttons seems to correct it .. i have done this with my games and have not had one instance since ...

First post here, hello everybody, I have this bug with Miguel Cabrera (RH), I always use the stick to throw so I don't think it corrects it, I hope that patch comes out very soon! I've also had easy fly balls to Granderson and the ball just goes right through his face! funny but sad :huh: .

Archived