1st Baseman Bug

Hoop27

for me it seems to only happen with throes from the SS. I don't think I've ever seen it happen with a throw from 3B or 2B. and I have seen it with both lefty and righty 1B. if I'm not mistaken it is scheduled to be tweaked in the pc patch along with the outfielders missing routine fly balls.

It happens to me all the time (at least once a game) with D. Lee (RH).

Too many times with D. Lee for me too.

I've had games with the bug happening as much at 5 times and have yet to have a full game without it.

I wonder if it matters that I use the buttons to throw vs. the right stick.

this bug is also in MVP2005...sometimes the first base don´t touch the bag......maybe this 1B issue is a regular stuff in modern baseball video games...who knows....

No it's not the same, it's not a bug in MVP, because that happened when your throw was too hard and the first baseman really had to come off the bag to catch the ball.

in 2k9.. you manage to dominate the batter, easy ground ball to the SS, perfect throw to the first baseman and it's an... Oh wait, he's safe! :angry:

I enjoy this game, the graphics are very cool, but stuff like this puts you off.

It's happened to me once (Giambi) in the three weeks that I've had the game. I've played 35+ games using about 10-12 different teams. I see this bug happening to people all the time. I must be doing something right, but I have no idea what it is. I field the ball (move the player) with the left stick, right as he picks up the ball I let off the left stick, make a good clean throw (in the green) with the right stick. As soon as I make the throw, I let off the stick well before the ball makes it to first base. Nice and clean everytime.

There have been times that I've had to throw in the red when I had to hurry, and it still doesn't happen. The ball make take a one hop, or throw wide, but never is the first baseman off the bag. Even so, more often than not the the first basemen at least gloves it, whether I get him or not.

I really have no idea what I'm doing right, but maybe this helps someone.

Right Handed First Baseman Ground Ball To Third Everything is Perfect with Fielding and the throw meter First baseman comes off bag alot it also happens with balls hit to short but less than when hit to third

Archived