Mlb 2k9 Pc - Nice Pc Makes Game Look Better Than Console And The Show?

gpe1975

So here are my specs:

CPU Type QuadCore AMD Phenom X4 9650, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200)

nVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX

4 gigs of Corsair Memory Speed DDR2-800 (400 MHz)

I heard that this game has framerate issues. Will my PC not only overcome these framerate issues, but also allow me to put it at a resolution where it looks better than the console version and even possibly better than how The Show looks on my PS3. The Show looks great, but there are a few too many jagged edges.

Thanks for all the help! I like graphics and cyberfaces, stadiums, etc. but I am mostly a framerate/no jagged edges junky. Poor framerate and jagged edges drive me crazy!

-Grant

I'm glad to hear that it seems like my system will run the game with no problem.

I guess my question was this:

I had heard that this game has framerate issues. I was wondering if having a nice gaming rig will resolve this problem because of the graphical power, or the programmers simply didn't program the game correctly to run at 60 fps regardless of the system.

I wish I couldn't see so well, but I notice even the slightest of framerate stuttering. For instance, in MLB 09 The Show, which is a game that supposedly runs smoother than any other console baseball game and was advertised as running at 60 fps at 1080p, I still notice stuttering on foul balls and pregame warmups at 720p and 1080p doesn't run at anywhere near 60fps.

A LOT of people seem to not notice FPS issues even when they are bad. I also cannot play certain 1st person shooters without getting sick, so I am particularly sensitive to video and motion and my perception for framerate is unfortunately really keen.

I'm glad to hear that it seems like my system will run the game with no problem.

I guess my question was this:

I had heard that this game has framerate issues. I was wondering if having a nice gaming rig will resolve this problem because of the graphical power, or the programmers simply didn't program the game correctly to run at 60 fps regardless of the system.

I wish I couldn't see so well, but I notice even the slightest of framerate stuttering. For instance, in MLB 09 The Show, which is a game that supposedly runs smoother than any other console baseball game and was advertised as running at 60 fps at 1080p, I still notice stuttering on foul balls and pregame warmups at 720p and 1080p doesn't run at anywhere near 60fps.

A LOT of people seem to not notice FPS issues even when they are bad. I also cannot play certain 1st person shooters without getting sick, so I am particularly sensitive to video and motion and my perception for framerate is unfortunately really keen.

I run the game at 1080p and 60 fps is easily attained. How do you go about getting the game up to 16x aa? I can only get mine up to 8x.... that is the highest option in game.

you have to enable the 16x setting in your video card options. At least thats what i did anyway, and you can certainly see a difference. After i did it i played NBA 2k9 and was blown away with how much better the game looks. And to the OP you have plenty of juice to run this game, Hell you can run Crysis on very high settings so running mlb 2k9 on the highest settings and resolution is not even close to being a problem on your rig. You shouldnt have any framerate issues at all. IMO a well built gaming pc is blowing any console out of the water. I got rid of my PS3 for that reason.

I wish I couldn't see so well, but I notice even the slightest of framerate stuttering.

No, you don't, trust me.

FWIW, I'm running 2K9 from my external HDD at 1440x900 on all high settings and 8x MSAA with a Radeon HD 4670, an Athlon 4200+ @ 2.20GHz and 2GB of PC-6400 RAM and haven't noticed any lagging or frame-rate problems at all.

Look all you need is $460 and you can run it at 80 FPS+

P-DC2- 8400- 1333 FSB $163.99

9800 GT- 512 MB- 700/2000 $129.50

DDR-2-2 GB- 1066 Ram $34.00

HD SATA2- 500 GB- 32 MB Cache $73.99

GIGABYTE GA-P31-ES3G Core 2 Quad/ Intel P31/ FSB 1333/ DDR2-1066/ Mobo $60.00

Total = $461.48

Need a Power 12v28A Topower/Epower EP-500XP(Whitebox Pack) Xtrem 500W 20/24-pin Power

$24.48 Output: +3.3V@26A, +5V@50A, +12V@28A, -5V@0.8A, -12V@1A, +5VSB@2.5A

If you can beat $460 on this system Please tell me I will buy it lol

Look all you need is $460 and you can run it at 80 FPS+

P-DC2- 8400- 1333 FSB $163.99

9800 GT- 512 MB- 700/2000 $129.50

DDR-2-2 GB- 1066 Ram $34.00

HD SATA2- 500 GB- 32 MB Cache $73.99

GIGABYTE GA-P31-ES3G Core 2 Quad/ Intel P31/ FSB 1333/ DDR2-1066/ Mobo $60.00

Total = $461.48

Need a Power 12v28A Topower/Epower EP-500XP(Whitebox Pack) Xtrem 500W 20/24-pin Power

$24.48 Output: +3.3V@26A, +5V@50A, +12V@28A, -5V@0.8A, -12V@1A, +5VSB@2.5A

If you can beat $460 on this system Please tell me I will buy it lol

Exactly my point, i just completely rebuilt my pc for less than 300 bucks and thats including the 21" HP lcd that i got off of craigslist for 100 bucks. I honestly think im done with console gaming. especially with pc sports making a comeback.

So I have the game installed and have watched the CPU vs. CPU and man, this game "looks" great and does indeed run smoother than The Show runs on my PS3. I did see an awful route taken by an outfielder.

Also, the faces look AWFUL! Almost all of them are just downright terrible. I just wish we could have gotten a MLB The Show on PC that was modifiable. Oh, well. Just happy to have baseball back on the PC.

Crossing my fingers that the people that do the mods will work some magic. On that note, what have people been able to figure out as far as what can be modded and what cannot? I hate the faces and the ball seems to float through the air off the bat.

Exactly my point, i just completely rebuilt my pc for less than 300 bucks and thats including the 21" HP lcd that i got off of craigslist for 100 bucks. I honestly think im done with console gaming. especially with pc sports making a comeback.

Really $300 nice what it come with? Yeah I bought a Xbox 360 and its just sitting there since Madden 09 kind of died down

Also, the faces look AWFUL! Almost all of them are just downright terrible. I just wish we could have gotten a MLB The Show on PC that was modifiable. Oh, well. Just happy to have baseball back on the PC.

I 100% agree the Cyberfaces are horrible

Really $300 nice what it come with? Yeah I bought a Xbox 360 and its just sitting there since Madden 09 kind of died down

I got some stuff from new egg and some from craigslist which has become my new best friend . I got an intel core 2 duo E5200 2.5 ghz for 75 bucks, a gigabyte G31M mobo for $67 including shipping, a geforce 8600 gts from craigslist brand new for 40 bucks and the 21" hp lcd for $100 for criagslist. I alredy had 4g's of ram, a mid size alienware case and 500 w antec psu. so I basically got a new pc for $282. not too shabby in my book

I have an old setup that I just put together from a MB that I found in the closet that I never used. (until now)

Amd 64 FX57 @ 2.8 ($148)

DFI Lan Party Ultra-D. (never used, found in closet)

2gb standard mem @ 400Mht (soon going to upgrade to 4GB for a 64 Bit system)

an old 9500 GT (EVGA) w/ 1 GB DDR2

Game is running very nice, no noticable frame rate drops at 1600/1200

Just got the game and played just one full game so far. 13 inning match (nail bitter but fun as hell!)

Still testing different video configurations but by all n all the I am very impressed.

Intel C2D 3.0 ghz

NVIDIA GTX 280

6GB DDR2 RAM

I'm running this game with everything maxed at 1680x1050 and i dont have the slightest drop is framerate, your set up should do just fine. It wont look better than The Show but i think it looks and runs better than the console version.

Intel C2D 3.0 ghz

NVIDIA GTX 280

6GB DDR2 RAM

I'm running this game with everything maxed at 1680x1050 and i dont have the slightest drop is framerate, your set up should do just fine. It wont look better than The Show but i think it looks and runs better than the console version.

This might just be me, but on max settings, the PC version of this game looks a lot better than the Show does on the PS3. The problem with console games is the jagged edges. Even in 1080p The Show has jagged edges. Yes, the artwork is better, but the console can't deal with the AA and resolution to get rid of the edginess.

I run it at god knows how many fps at the maximum possible graphical settings, and my computer could do more if it were allowed too, but thats really beside the point.

Your computer can only render what its given and all renders are essentially done the same way these days. So weather or not this looks better then the Show at max settings has very little to do with your computer and a lot more to do with the people who made it. There may be slight differences in lighting, shading and shadows but if the Show has higher quality models,high quality well mapped textures, better animation ect. then no computer in the world will make 2k9 look better.

This might just be me, but on max settings, the PC version of this game looks a lot better than the Show does on the PS3. The problem with console games is the jagged edges. Even in 1080p The Show has jagged edges. Yes, the artwork is better, but the console can't deal with the AA and resolution to get rid of the edginess.

This is about your third post in this thread saying the same exact thing.

Intel C2D 3.0 ghz

NVIDIA GTX 280

6GB DDR2 RAM

Intel C2D 1.6 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 (Inspiron Laptop)

2GB RAM, Vista

The walk-ups slow, and the framerate gets slow during the game too, especially during windups/pitches and whenever a larger portion of the crowd is showing. I'm finding myself struggling to find the best video settings to maximize appearance, and I've got the crowd detail unfortunately on Low. 800*600 is a bit faster than 1200*800. The minimum requirements for the processor are 2.8 GHz, perhaps that's why I'm having choppy gameplay.

Archived