Classic Games

dmac12

I have downloaded Total Classic 9 and It wont start it is always the regular MVP 05. I looked at the files in the folder for a executable file and there is not one. So I copied and pasted the executable file from MVP 05 file and put in the Classic file it started the front page and then it crashed. What do I gotta do for this mod to work any help would be helpful Thank -You

Did you read the installation instructions that came with the mod? They are very detailed (I know, because I wrote them), complete with pictures that show you exactly how to install the mod. You can either use the installer that came with the mod or manually copy the files. The instructions tell you how to do both.

No

OK, so where did you install it (i.e. what folder)?

How are you trying to start the game? From the desktop? If so, did you create a new desktop icon to point to the mvp2005.exe file that is in the folder where you installed the mod?

By the way, you'll need to be a little more forthcoming with information. I'll be glad to help, but I'm not a mind reader and it will be hard to help if you only give one or two word responses.

I installed it in:\Program Files\EA Sports /Total Classic 9. In the folder in which I installed it I can not find an MVP 2005 exe file thanks for helping

Before you installed it, did you copy everything from your Program Files \ EA Sports \ MVP Baseball 2005 folder into your Program Files \ EA Sports \ Total Classics 9 folder? You have to do this first.

No I did not do that. I copied the data folder from Classic 9 folder because when I first tried to install it it said it could not find any data or database files is that were I messed up

Yup. Pretty sure it is, because the Classic stuff is not the game itself, just the files needed to update it to Total Classics.

You need a clean install of 05 though, right? Not an 08 version... Am I correct Jim?

I have never used it, so I am asking, just to throw that out there to make sure there is no other confusion.

Yes sir e-math.

If you install a mod OVER another mod you will have problems. It doesn't matter what mod it is, you will have problems. All these season mods (minus the 07 and 08 mod because they utilized TiT) need a clean install of Mvp 05.

Yes sir e-math.

If you install a mod OVER another mod you will have problems. It doesn't matter what mod it is, you will have problems. All these season mods (minus the 07 and 08 mod because they utilized TiT) need a clean install of Mvp 05.

I thought that to be the case (I have never installed anything other than 08), but I wanted to make sure that when Jim said to copy everything over to the total Classics folder, from his 05 folder, that he was not copying an 08 mod instead of a clean 05 install.

I'm in the process of copying everything from the MVP 05 folder to the Classic 9 folder now so after that is done I will try to reinstall the Classic 9 again if this works which it should I would like to thank everybody for there help Thanks again to everybody on the best baseball mod site there is and keeping the best baseball game alive.

I'm in the process of copying everything from the MVP 05 folder to the Classic 9 folder now so after that is done I will try to reinstall the Classic 9 again if this works which it should I would like to thank everybody for there help Thanks again to everybody on the best baseball mod site there is and keeping the best baseball game alive.

That should do the trick. If not, let us know and we'll go from there.

When you get done you are really going to enjoy this mod. Have fun.

OK guys it worked thanks for all your help and it is a great looking mod I have to go to bed now have to get up in a couple of hours to go to work but my weekend is going to be a great one thanks to you guys thanks again

Archived