2k9 Patch

jeterfan2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213061

Hey guys,

Back from the UK today and happy to be releasing patch notes. The PS3 dropped today, the 360 will be released by MS, I hope to have exact confirmation on a time/date in a bit.

A noticeable reduction in amount of fly balls missed by outfielders (both the target and slowing down before a fly ball is caught have been fixed).

Tuned overall slider values to get a better stand alone game, based on community suggestions

Turned down Home Runs, should see dramatic improvement in amount of home runs hit during game play.

AI aggressiveness tweaked – AI will take more balls

Throwing in the “Red” was way harder than the best “Green” spot so maximum strength lowered in the red

In-game crash resolved when not opening the Pitch Overlay hud and then bringing in another pitcher. Will resolve late inning crashes.

Added variety so that all fielders arm strength isn’t so similar. Now the better arm strength fielders will make a difference.

Fixed the bug that was causing the catcher to disappear when switched with a DH.

There was another bug fixed when substituting the catcher and the DH that would cause the umpire to throw the ball backwards.

Added more variety in pitching by making the gesture be a little harder to nail down “perfectly”

Fixed a bug where the base runner would JOG home (Sacrifice fly and ground balls)

Tweaked the issue where the 1st baseman’s foot would come off the bag too easily resulting in a lot of infield hits that should have been routine outs.

Pitchers will now walk off the mound after the 3rd strikeout in an inning.

Tuned numbers to fix the fact that pickoffs were too easy, especially at second base.

Increased the delivery speed of the animations from the stretch to improve throwing out the AI when they attempted to steal.

Pitcher rotation bug fixed where users in leagues would have their first bench player put in as their starting pitcher. They could adjust the starting pitcher but never get their bench player back to their line up. This would eventually lead to a crash.

The user was unable to send a trade when having nine pitchers or eleven hitters on their roster in a fantasy draft league online. That has been resolved

Online - Menu - The Winning/Losing Streak will now populate correctly when viewing the Card Battle Leader boards.

League settings changes now will take affect immediately.

Audio settings get reset when going online.

There are a lot of other things, including some franchise stuff, but they are more minor and countless. I am sure you'll come across them, but these are the major updates.

- Ronnie

"There was another bug fixed when substituting the catcher and the DH that would cause the umpire to throw the ball backwards."

Now tell me that the original release of this game wasn't a beta... lmao

Hopefully it fixes the major issues listed, Most PC games don't even get decent release patches, which is a shame these days, let alone have a guy represent the company. If the patch fixes half the issues listed, I'll be happy. Hopefully it'll good enough to play a complete game without wanting to quit.

I just saw that the PS3 patch came out on the 2K Forums, I'm waiting desperately 4 PC.

that ron guy isnt answering when the pc patch is coming out i bet they'll take there sweet *** time making one

and how is mlb the show for ps3 i was thinking of buying a ps3 is it worth $399 and 55 bux for the game?

that ron guy isnt answering when the pc patch is coming out i bet they'll take there sweet *** time making one

and how is mlb the show for ps3 i was thinking of buying a ps3 is it worth $399 and 55 bux for the game?

Maybe, I havn't heard anyone really that dissapointed with the Show

I loved my ps3 when I first got it, but then I just got bored with it after a while and sold it and used the money to build a new pc. Its a very cool setup though with the blue ray player and free online play. I had a lot of fun with it but I'm just a pc guy at heart. I would say its worth it though, if you plan on using it for movies and stuff too.

I loved my ps3 when I first got it, but then I just got bored with it after a while and sold it and used the money to build a new pc. Its a very cool setup though with the blue ray player and free online play. I had a lot of fun with it but I'm just a pc guy at heart. I would say its worth it though, if you plan on using it for movies and stuff too.

Free online play, that's cool, I was wondering about that since xbox live has a monthly fee. Yeah I'm a pc guy too. And it's kinda hard to pretend to be working on a console. I'm sure if the Show were released on the PC, it'd be a hit.

Free online play, that's cool, I was wondering about that since xbox live has a monthly fee. Yeah I'm a pc guy too. And it's kinda hard to pretend to be working on a console. I'm sure if the Show were released on the PC, it'd be a hit.

If the Show were on PC it'd bury all the competition. Honestly, my impression, the one time I got to play it was, imagine MVP 05 with next gen graphics, up to date and fully modded and fine tuned. I don't know if someone who used to work for EA works for Sony now or what but the game really plays very similar to MVP. Hitting is really hard though (as it should be in a good baseball game) because the pitches are right on top of ya in an instant and the breaks are so tight. And it is the only baseball game I've ever played with an accurate amount of foul balls out of play to really drive those pitch counts up...

If the Show were on PC it'd bury all the competition. Honestly, my impression, the one time I got to play it was, imagine MVP 05 with next gen graphics, up to date and fully modded and fine tuned. I don't know if someone who used to work for EA works for Sony now or what but the game really plays very similar to MVP. Hitting is really hard though (as it should be in a good baseball game) because the pitches are right on top of ya in an instant and the breaks are so tight. And it is the only baseball game I've ever played with an accurate amount of foul balls out of play to really drive those pitch counts up...

I seriously considered getting a ps3 for that game, But the price was just too high for me at the moment. But the online feature was tempting.

Yeah its free but I only played one game of nba 2k8 on there. I'm not much of an online gamer, too many kids and cheesers there for me. The way they have their online store is very well designed though, downloads were kinda slow even with comcast. I wish they would release the show on pc. That would be big, but I'm just thankful for 2k at least making an effort to bring back the dying pc sports market. maybe some other developers will step up now if they see that there is a place for the pc too.

I seriously considered getting a ps3 for that game, But the price was just too high for me at the moment. But the online feature was tempting.

Yea, once I get my upcoming wedding out of the way I intend to get one, both for the show and for blu-ray movies... I figure it's worth the price if I'm getting both a console and blu-ray player in one package...

no news. some guys on forums claim the patch is out for 360 too, but no word on pc version. we're always last, apparently :(

Yup it looks that way, even though we clearly should have had priority over the ps3. They already have a working baseball game. But its probably gonna be like nba 2k9 where the pc got patched like a week after the consoles.

Whatever makes the company most money takes priority. Also, patching a PS3 or 360 is easy compared to PC. You need to test on different configurations with many variables on a PC. On a console, the configuration and hardware is set. On a PC, you can have different OS locations and setups, different temporary file directories, different installation configurations etc.

tl:dr - PC patch takes longer to test.

Whatever makes the company most money takes priority. Also, patching a PS3 or 360 is easy compared to PC. You need to test on different configurations with many variables on a PC. On a console, the configuration and hardware is set. On a PC, you can have different OS locations and setups, different temporary file directories, different installation configurations etc.

tl:dr - PC patch takes longer to test.

Good point

Archived