2k9 Patch

jeterfan2

yeah, but it's not like they had to patch this in 2 days or something. they had a month, even more. consoles already had one patch, this one is the second one. i agree that they should patch 360 and ps3 first, but after a month of patching all three fixes should be ready. somehow i feel it is not that patch isn't ready, somehow i feel they are searching for a way to upload this thing but they aren't trying to hard... i dunno. they said that patch was ready a week ago and that it is "being approved". i understand they have to approve patches for ps3 and 360 becouse of distribution but for pc?

i dunno. i'm just furious couse i've been waiting for a month now to start my franchise. i tried playing it but it wasn't fun, it was frustrating and stupid. you can say if you've waited so long you can wait for a couple of days more which is true, couse this is only a game, but that kinda pisses me off, as do people who say that we should be happy we have a new game couse it's been 4 years and it costs only 20 bucks.

when i pay for something (and 20 bucks in my part of the world is a little bit more than in the states) i expect it too be good. if it is not i complain.

ahhh... sorry about this. it just felt good to let it out :) hope patch comes out soon.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think that's how they think, it shows how much you know about business.

I don't know MarkB, I partially agree with him.

2K Sports doesn't really HAVE to give us a patch since they have our money, but they will since they want us to purchase MLB 2K10 when it comes out next April/May. If you hurt your repeat customers, you are eventually going to not sell your games and go out of business.

But then again, they don't really need to hurry. I haven't encountered any serious show-stopping glitches. Sure the 1st base glitch is annoying, as with the outfielder glitch. But come on, it's a baseball game. If you don't want to play, no one is forcing you.

Hopefully the patch comes soon.

from one of the mods, answering why there's no news on the pc patch:

"Because as of right now there is NO INFORMATION about the PC patch yet. He stated they were doing one for it a while back. Its going to come out, but we dont know when."

brilliant. :(

from one of the mods, answering why there's no news on the pc patch:

"Because as of right now there is NO INFORMATION about the PC patch yet. He stated they were doing one for it a while back. Its going to come out, but we dont know when."

brilliant. :(

Lol! That is awesome, no biggie though I have yet to finish the first Crysis and Far Cry 2. Also I think I finally found solid slider set for nba 2k9 so those should keep me busy for a while. I did a fantasy franchise with mlb just to have some fun with it, won the WS in my third season with the cubs at home and all I'm gonna say is.............highly dissapionting.

Lol! That is awesome, no biggie though I have yet to finish the first Crysis and Far Cry 2. Also I think I finally found solid slider set for nba 2k9 so those should keep me busy for a while. I did a fantasy franchise with mlb just to have some fun with it, won the WS in my third season with the cubs at home and all I'm gonna say is.............highly dissapionting.

I played threw Far Cry 2 while waiting on this patch, still not here! Beat Crysis a while back.

Guess I'll be playing MVP for a little while longer, along with Far Cry 2 multiplayer....

I don't know MarkB, I partially agree with him.

2K Sports doesn't really HAVE to give us a patch since they have our money, but they will since they want us to purchase MLB 2K10 when it comes out next April/May. If you hurt your repeat customers, you are eventually going to not sell your games and go out of business.

And that is why they will not have that mindset, in my opinion. It's the same for every business that has a functional P.R. and marketing department. You screw your customers once, they won't be your customers again. They will want the purchases for MLB 2K10, so the angle they'll be using to determine if they should release a patch is A - "How many customers would we have for 2K10 on PC if we don't release a patch?", and B - "How many customers would we have for 2K10 on PC if we do release a patch?". If B is greater than B, no patch. We're banking on B being greater than A, as there are some unhappy users with 2K9 currently. An effective patch for 2K9 would mean much more repeat custom for 2K10 than with the current status of 2K9.

Of course, they don't have to make a PC patch for 2K9, in the same way that I don't have to replace a customer's hard drive if they are using a company image and/or haven't proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it is the hard drive that is faulty. However, both would be very bad business decisions.

Even if money was no object, a lot of the fun of MVP was simply being able to mod it, the time i spent fiddleing with it and putting in little things i liked dwarfs the time i spent actually playing. I cnat get that with the show, which to me makes it not worth it.

As for a patch, if they plan on staying in the PC market there will be one.

I played threw Far Cry 2 while waiting on this patch, still not here! Beat Crysis a while back.

Guess I'll be playing MVP for a little while longer, along with Far Cry 2 multiplayer....

Yeah I've had both of em for a while but I don't get much time to really enjoy them with the rug rat runnin around lol. For shooters I like to get totally involved, lights off , suround sound on and no one bothering me and with a wife and kid that just doesn't happen. But I don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn anymore so I might be able to time in once they go to bed.

I bought Farcry2 when it came out and was disappointed that it had nothing to do with the first farcry and they cashed in on the name. I've been buying ubisoft games since the first Rainbow Six game. Ubisoft has completely gone downhill as far as pc gaming goes. Everything is a port. I think Assassin's Creed was the last decent pc game, proving ports can be done right. I supported this company and they continually take a dump on the community that helped make their name.

I get my kicks playing quakelive atm. I'm still getting pwned but my kill/death ratio is barely getting even. The game is so fast, I gotta be on the caffeine to keep up.

Yeah FC 2 is just ok so far I looks awesome but I definitely doesn't have the same scare factor as the first one after those monsters were introduced. I'm still waiting for like a lion or something to jump out of the bushes lol. But crysis is pretty cool, I'm way behind on that one but I just got a rig that would do it any justice. I'm just about half way through it so ill probably be picking up warhead in a couple weeks or so.

Yeah FC 2 is just ok so far I looks awesome but I definitely doesn't have the same scare factor as the first one after those monsters were introduced. I'm still waiting for like a lion or something to jump out of the bushes lol. But crysis is pretty cool, I'm way behind on that one but I just got a rig that would do it any justice. I'm just about half way through it so ill probably be picking up warhead in a couple weeks or so.

Crysis Warhead was surprising decent, definitely as fun as the first crysis. I thought the AI was a tad too easy but everything else was top notch. I think it ran smoother than the first crysis.

Far Cry and Crysis are great games, still haven't tried Warhead though, I can't believe I keep forgetting about it. I agree with rolie though, Far Cry 2 was too repetitive and was basically a dissapointment. Drive 10 minutes to your mission, kill target in less than 2 minutes, drive back, repeat.

But anyway (while we wait for the patch ) if anyone's interested, here's a site with lots of Crysis maps, etc. (If you can't open the console in your Crysis game, this site carries the Mod Launcher as well)

FC 2 was very repetitive, i had to stop playing at about 60% threw. Then i was bored one day and started playing again, and by time i was around 80% i just had to finish it. I've moved onto the multiplayer now and found it pretty fun, apart from their server system... Just finished making my first map for it, but my connection is too slow to host a custom map server :/

Crysis had a fun single player, but the multiplayer sucks.

Batter AI (custom sliders) are definitely calmed down on my end. Through six innings, I've struck out 3 batters looking, 1 on a fastball straight down the pipe. Outfield issues seemed to be fixed too. Like I said, I'm only 6 innings in, but so far so good.

Batter AI (custom sliders) are definitely calmed down on my end. Through six innings, I've struck out 3 batters looking, 1 on a fastball straight down the pipe. Outfield issues seemed to be fixed too. Like I said, I'm only 6 innings in, but so far so good.

hey wut sliders are u using im playing default pro, but now that I think about it I never played PRO pre-patch. The cpu does let some first pitch strikes go by, but they are still pounding me anytime i throw near the strike zone. And my xbox button mod disappeared. Is it safe to say that the global.iff file was replaced. Just ant to know before I reinstall it.

hey wut sliders are u using im playing default pro, but now that I think about it I never played PRO pre-patch. The cpu does let some first pitch strikes go by, but they are still pounding me anytime i throw near the strike zone. And my xbox button mod disappeared. Is it safe to say that the global.iff file was replaced. Just ant to know before I reinstall it.

You can find them here.

Archived