2k9 Patch

jeterfan2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The AI Batter Aggressiveness has changed drastically on my end. They're looking at way too many strikes down the middle of the plate. Not necessarily striking out too much, but too passive for my liking.

Back to tweaking the sliders, I guess. This is probably a good sign.

wow really? something aint right..lol. Well atleast thats promising. Im seeing they take a first pitch alot more but after that its hacking at everything.

I have no doubt in my mind that's exactly how they meant to "fix" the problem.

Without a doubt, I'm seeing a big difference. The outfield bug seems to be gone as well, nice and smooth getting to fly balls. I never had the 1st baseman issue, so I really can't comment on the difference.

I haven't looked into anything else yet. I haven't seen the notes on exactly what they were addressing with the PC version, Inside Edge, Franchise Mode, etc.

Here's a list: (This is for both consoles and PC, so some may not apply to the PC version. Mainly multiplayer issues)

A noticeable reduction in amount of fly balls missed by outfielders (both the target and slowing down before a fly ball is caught have been fixed).

Tuned overall slider values to get a better stand alone game, based on community suggestions

Turned down Home Runs, should see dramatic improvement in amount of home runs hit during game play.

AI aggressiveness tweaked – AI will take more balls

Throwing in the “Red” was way harder than the best “Green” spot so maximum strength lowered in the red

In-game crash resolved when not opening the Pitch Overlay hud and then bringing in another pitcher. Will resolve late inning crashes.

Added variety so that all fielders arm strength isn’t so similar. Now the better arm strength fielders will make a difference.

Fixed the bug that was causing the catcher to disappear when switched with a DH.

There was another bug fixed when substituting the catcher and the DH that would cause the umpire to throw the ball backwards.

Added more variety in pitching by making the gesture be a little harder to nail down “perfectly”

Fixed a bug where the base runner would JOG home (Sacrifice fly and ground balls)

Tweaked the issue where the 1st baseman’s foot would come off the bag too easily resulting in a lot of infield hits that should have been routine outs.

Pitchers will now walk off the mound after the 3rd strikeout in an inning.

Tuned numbers to fix the fact that pickoffs were too easy, especially at second base.

Increased the delivery speed of the animations from the stretch to improve throwing out the AI when they attempted to steal.

Pitcher rotation bug fixed where users in leagues would have their first bench player put in as their starting pitcher. They could adjust the starting pitcher but never get their bench player back to their line up. This would eventually lead to a crash.

The user was unable to send a trade when having nine pitchers or eleven hitters on their roster in a fantasy draft league online. That has been resolved

Online - Menu - The Winning/Losing Streak will now populate correctly when viewing the Card Battle Leader boards.

League settings changes now will take affect immediately.

Audio settings get reset when going online.

How bout this for a kick in the nuts, we finally get the patch and my f@#?ing controller dies. Lol *******

Lol, that sucks! Which controller is it and what failed on it? I like to know these things for when i go out to buy a new one, which ones are gonna last and which ones are gonna die.

It was a logitech dual action that I've only had for about 5 months. I thought these were pretty reliable, guess not though. I don't know what failed on it, I was in the middle of a game and it kept sayin the controller was unplugged but It wasn't. So I closed the game and took it out and put it back in and it said the usb device malfunctioned. Ah well back to walmart. Hopefully they still have some

I've bought 2 dual actions, the first one died in about 4 months. Not completely, but the right analog stick wouldn't center correctly and i would have to flick it or it would hold in one of the directions.

I've had this one for about 4 months now and so far so good. I bought a second one because i was low on cash and i can't go without one...

I'm gonna give em another chance. I really liked the controller. I'm just gonna grab two this time they were only 19 bucks so that's not too bad. 360 controllers are too much of a pain in the *** and at 40 bucks for one not worth it at all.

I'm gonna give em another chance. I really liked the controller. I'm just gonna grab two this time they were only 19 bucks so that's not too bad. 360 controllers are too much of a pain in the *** and at 40 bucks for one not worth it at all.

Yeah, good thing they're so cheap. They serve my purpose. ;)

Patch seems to be working well for me.

The AI aggresiveness is a little changed, they look at a lot more strikes and hit more foul balls for me.

I haven't seen the 1st base glitch anymore.

I still have the infielder running glitch though, they slow down sometimes, but the outfielders are running fine and get to the routine fly balls just fine now.

I just had two outfield errors. Soriano dropped one he got to, tipped off his glove(pretty realistic!) and I had Fukudome standing under one that flew over his head...that was horrific,

Post patch outfield play doesn't seem too much improved to me.

It was a logitech dual action that I've only had for about 5 months. I thought these were pretty reliable, guess not though. I don't know what failed on it, I was in the middle of a game and it kept sayin the controller was unplugged but It wasn't. So I closed the game and took it out and put it back in and it said the usb device malfunctioned. Ah well back to walmart. Hopefully they still have some

Dude, don't buy a new one. If it's only 5 months old, it should still be covered by warranty. In other words, you get it replaced free.

Archived