2k9 Patch

jeterfan2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got to sit down and finish my first full game after the patch.

There is definitely a difference in terms of CPU aggression at the plate. They're not swinging at EVERYTHING now, no doubt about it. I don't think it's the extreme change some people will be looking for, but it's definitely there. And considering some of the other stuff I've read on threads, adjusting sliders, and the PC modders working their magic w/ roster/other updates, I'm really not worried about this anymore at all. It may take a little while, but the foundation has been laid for this problem to be solved fully. I struck out the CPU looking 3 times in the first 3 innings, they took pitches, etc. Not an excessive change, but a clear change nonetheless.

No issues w/ 1B, although I can't say I had it happen much before.

Same thing with OF's, everything was fine. I'm not sure how everyone puts their OF's in position to catch, but I never really try to put them in that yellow circle, always a little bit in front of it, and I've never had an issue. So all good on this front as well.

Beyond that, I guess all I need to know now is how franchise is working, because from what I've heard there still might be a few things which weren't patched up. If some of it is related to injuries, personally I would just turn injuries off and deal with a universal no-injuries franchise, but I can understand some not accepting that. But I would say once we see a roster update from the community adjusting to this patch, sliders doing the same, this game is pretty solid.

Finally got to sit down and finish my first full game after the patch.

There is definitely a difference in terms of CPU aggression at the plate. They're not swinging at EVERYTHING now, no doubt about it. I don't think it's the extreme change some people will be looking for, but it's definitely there. And considering some of the other stuff I've read on threads, adjusting sliders, and the PC modders working their magic w/ roster/other updates, I'm really not worried about this anymore at all. It may take a little while, but the foundation has been laid for this problem to be solved fully. I struck out the CPU looking 3 times in the first 3 innings, they took pitches, etc. Not an excessive change, but a clear change nonetheless.

No issues w/ 1B, although I can't say I had it happen much before.

Same thing with OF's, everything was fine. I'm not sure how everyone puts their OF's in position to catch, but I never really try to put them in that yellow circle, always a little bit in front of it, and I've never had an issue. So all good on this front as well.

Beyond that, I guess all I need to know now is how franchise is working, because from what I've heard there still might be a few things which weren't patched up. If some of it is related to injuries, personally I would just turn injuries off and deal with a universal no-injuries franchise, but I can understand some not accepting that. But I would say once we see a roster update from the community adjusting to this patch, sliders doing the same, this game is pretty solid.

I dunno about the OF situation, I haven't had any balls getting stuck but I had back to back balls go through players. I played on legend today, I'll try JR's sliders maybe that'll fix it. They definitely fine tuned the aggressiveness. I gave up a ton of walks on legend mode but i was trying to hit the corners only and never getting close to the strike zone. Whenever I did they pounded it.

This game plays sooooo much better post patch. I played 4 games so far and you really have work now as far as pitching goes. I was up to 76 pitches after 5 innings and king felix had 6 ks and 2 walks. 76 was usually my game total, I ended up with 132 pitches and the cpu had 118. Still ended up losing 4-2.

Most of the franchise issues have been taken care of as well. No more stupid ai in the off season, and weak players no longer demand millions after garbage seasons. A lot less home runs being hit by guys with no pop. Star free agents draw tons of attention now with as many a 15 offers for guys like Lincecum and Holliday as compared to no offers at all pre patch. Season stats were pretty much right on except for save totals which is still way low. The leader in saves was usually around 30.

I must say I am very satisfied with this game now. The one thing I noticed is that it seems like the sliders won't need to be adjusted too much. It still plays really well with the set I was using before with some minor adjustments. So far it looks like 2K held up their end and did a very good job patching things up.

I've played 2 games post-patch. Won both....7-6 and 7-5.

For some reason, now I can't pitch with any control. Nothing goes where I aim it. I aim a fastball down and in and it's a ball outside. I aim a changeup away and it goes inside. It's nuts. Anyone have a tip to help with this?

Also, I'm ticked off that we STILL can't edit pitcher's pitches/velocity/control/movement. It's right there! It's just greyed out and not accessable! Gaaaaah!

I'm gonna give em another chance. I really liked the controller. I'm just gonna grab two this time they were only 19 bucks so that's not too bad. 360 controllers are too much of a pain in the *** and at 40 bucks for one not worth it at all.

Give them a call, they will send you a new controller. They have the best customer support I have ever seen!

Yea i got Logitech Dual Action gamepad too, and I think my joysticks are messed up, because I can never pitch it where I want it, and especially cannot Throw the ball to any base that I want. 99% of the time it throws it to 3rd base.

Yea i got Logitech Dual Action gamepad too, and I think my joysticks are messed up, because I can never pitch it where I want it, and especially cannot Throw the ball to any base that I want. 99% of the time it throws it to 3rd base.

Yep. You've got a bad controller or you need to d/l the latest drivers and re-calibrate. I have a 4-yr old Logitech Dual Action, and have no controller issues.

I thought 2k9 played O.K. right out of the box but the patch has really improved game play. As noted previously, the AI is not nearly as aggressive. In fact I was able to strike out two consecutive batters looking at strike three....That sure wouldn't happen pre-patch.

Game is getting better all the time....I've said it before, this PC game for $19 is a steal.

I still enjoy MVP 07 (or 08 depending) but this game definitely has a permanent place on my hard drive.

ugh they still haven't fixed the 3B baserunner bug. it happens when the runner nonchalantly steps off the base after deciding not to go home and gets tagged out.

also general overall baserunning in this game is extremely off. players just jog at times, hold up for no reason, getting thrown out like crazy. not to mention sheer impossibility of stealing a base.

i hope theres more patches in the future for this game. it needs it badly.

It's already possibly for humans - I had 2 in my most recent game, one with Brett Gardner and one with Derek Jeter. You just need to know how to lead off and when to make the jump. Taking the biggest possible lead as quickly as possible doesn't always result in a steal.

It's already possibly for humans - I had 2 in my most recent game, one with Brett Gardner and one with Derek Jeter. You just need to know how to lead off and when to make the jump. Taking the biggest possible lead as quickly as possible doesn't always result in a steal.

Taking the biggest possible lead results in a pickoff throw to first :lol:

I've also had successful steals with Ichiro and B.J. Upton (I sometimes play with different teams).

Just have to make sure you get someone that can run and anticipate which pitch is going to be pitched (In other words, a fastball you don't want to steal on, a 12-6 curve would be better)

Taking the biggest possible lead?

I don't get it, how can you take a bigger lead? The way I read the instructions, you hold down LT to lead, then release it to steal...how do you lead off more? Holding down LT doesn't increase the runner's lead, and as soon as let go of LT, the pitcher throws to first if he hasn't started his movement (if he has, I'm thrown out by the catcher with plenty of time to spare, because I didn't have a big enough lead). Also, every tip I've read says to let go once the controller vibrates, yet this doesn't even appear to be a working feature on PC...(I have the XBOX 360 controller, which has force feedback).

Taking the biggest possible lead?

I don't get it, how can you take a bigger lead? The way I read the instructions, you hold down LT to lead, then release it to steal...how do you lead off more? Holding down LT doesn't increase the runner's lead, and as soon as let go of LT, the pitcher throws to first if he hasn't started his movement (if he has, I'm thrown out by the catcher with plenty of time to spare, because I didn't have a big enough lead). Also, every tip I've read says to let go once the controller vibrates, yet this doesn't even appear to be a working feature on PC...(I have the XBOX 360 controller, which has force feedback).

Don't hold the LT button until you are ready to steal.

Just tap it to lead off more.

ok maybe it's possible to steal, i did manage one (off a pickoff attempt, never a straight steal) but it is really much harder than it should be and needs to be adjusted. if you think steals are fine then we're playing different games. not to mention it's just as hard to throw out the AI baserunner stealing. in fact the baserunning on the whole has many issues still. i have my baserunner nonchalantly round 3rd base before going back, getting tagged in the process.

it's really not that hard to steal. first of all you have to steal with a good steal guy, not with david ortiz, or manny, or prince fielder. steal with ellsbury or hanley or pierre, those sort of guys. steal on good counts when you expect pitcher will throw a change or even better a curve. take two step leadoffs then hold with a third step. as soon as pitcher goes in motion release and hope for the best. and slide at the end of the play.

when you are facing a good basestealer try picking him off until he decreases his lead. after every pitch hold the stick for throwing up so the catcher will throw the ball to second as soon as he catches the ball. you won't throw out everybody but i've managed to throw out some good basestealers.

Archived