Pc Patch For Downloaded Version -link-

gobucks

Hey Dacubz, where exactly did you download this from anyway? Was it from the D2D site where we are all getting the no mirrors message? Or sumwhere else?

I actually got it last night, so I'm not sure what the errors are now. I hit D2D through Fileplanet's link to them and looked at the patches section. It downloaded through the Fileplanet downloader and It was still on my HDD when I looked and saw that it was needed here.

The D2D download still works for me, I just tried it again. I actually bought the game through them, and am a Fileplanet subscriber. Can that be why I can get it and others cant, or is it fixed now?

Either way, I can keep mine available for download. I have bandwidth to spare.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually got it last night, so I'm not sure what the errors are now. I hit D2D through Fileplanet's link to them and looked at the patches section. It downloaded through the Fileplanet downloader and It was still on my HDD when I looked and saw that it was needed here.

The D2D download still works for me, I just tried it again. I actually bought the game through them, and am a Fileplanet subscriber. Can that be why I can get it and others cant, or is it fixed now?

Either way, I can keep mine available for download. I have bandwidth to spare.

Yeh I bought the game from D2D too but just tried it again now and still getting the no mirrors error on the Download Manager. You say its working for you tho, which seems strange. You're d'loading from the D2D patches site? And using the Download Manager?

To the person with the gamestop version (like myself) and got the patch to work could you explain how you did it?

I downloaded the file and unzipped it but it just came out as:

Type of File: application

Description: MLB_2K9_1.1Patch_dd

Error: MLB 2k9 not installed

Yeh I bought the game from D2D too but just tried it again now and still getting the no mirrors error on the Download Manager. You say its working for you tho, which seems strange. You're d'loading from the D2D patches site? And using the Download Manager?

Yeah, it is working for me, and quick too. Maybe it has to to with where the user is located in relation to the server? Maybe servers are down in some areas? I don't know, but I just downloaded it again.

To the person with the gamestop version (like myself) and got the patch to work could you explain how you did it?

I downloaded the file and unzipped it but it just came out as:

Type of File: application

Description: MLB_2K9_1.1Patch_dd

Error: MLB 2k9 not installed

Give me a minute and i will upload an extracted version for those of you still having trouble.

EDIT: It's up, a couple posts down.

Yeah, it is working for me, and quick too. Maybe it has to to with where the user is located in relation to the server? Maybe servers are down in some areas? I don't know, but I just downloaded it again.

Who knows, but you seem to be the only person in the world who's been able to download it. Thanks for the upload tho.

I was pitching horrible and got K's, Longoria went down on three high fastballs in a row and the other batters i faced in my 2 inning test seen all high fastballs, with most of them not making contact until they had 2 strikes.

You were completely right Wicked. It was a slider/settings problem on my end. As soon as I deleted my custom settings and left it at default, I clearly noticed a decrease in batter aggression. It looks like everything is working fine on my end now that I cleared the old settings/sliders out. I also don't experience the outfielder slow down that happened once they went after a fly ball. He actually ran straight in to catch it! lol Looking good so far.

Either I'm doing something wrong or this patch isn't doing anything. What is the version on the .exe? Mine says 1.0.1.1 , I thought it was supposed to be 1.1.something. Also, wasn't it supposed to contain a roster update? Manny is still a free agent, as are several others who were signed months ago.

Can anyone else verify this?

Here's the files extracted. This worked on my Gamestop version.

As always, MAKE BACKUPS FIRST.

All you need to do is copy the files over to your 2K9 directory and overwrite the old ones.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af98e82/n/Manual_Patch_rar

(I did not test this, but i done the same thing to make this as i did with my copy, so it should be fine. If there is a problem, just let me know!)

Where did you get this?

It also works as a no CD/DVD crack for the DVD version

Either I'm doing something wrong or this patch isn't doing anything. What is the version on the .exe? Mine says 1.0.1.1 , I thought it was supposed to be 1.1.something. Also, wasn't it supposed to contain a roster update? Manny is still a free agent, as are several others who were signed months ago.

Both the original with the game and the patched version will say version 1.0.1.1. You have to look at the date modified...the patched version will read: April 2, 2009.

There is no roster update with this patch.

just wanted to confirm that the file dacubz linked to worked perfectly. i simply unzipped the file and ran the .exe. the patch installed, and i can confirm it updated my game (which i purchased through D2D). thank you, dacubz!

now to get my mods working/updated again...

on a side note...

isn't it funny how companies shoot themselves in the foot by simply not doing it right the first time? for those that need to use discs, kudos ... what a bonus!

Where did you get this?

As Dacubz said, it's the official patch just with the files extracted. People like me were unable to patch our Gamestop version because we would get the error that it isn't installed. So by extracting the files and manually patching it, it worked.

Both the original with the game and the patched version will say version 1.0.1.1. You have to look at the date modified...the patched version will read: April 2, 2009.

There is no roster update with this patch.

The DVD patch was released on the 3rd

The DVD patch was released on the 3rd
in-house (at 2K), the file itself was last modified on april 2nd though. if you look at your patched mlb2k9.exe file, it should read april 2nd.

could i be anymore redundant? could i repeat myself any more?

If you want rosters, download snashrosters in the downloads section. They're the closest so far. I wish that PC had the living rosters too.

in-house (at 2K), the file itself was last modified on april 2nd though. if you look at your patched mlb2k9.exe file, it should read april 2nd.

could i be anymore redundant? could i repeat myself any more?

Yes please repeat yourself one more time because it reads the 3rd

post-237-1239154212_thumb.png

Correct me if I am wrong but wont the patched game read modified on the day that you installed the patch ?

Mine says modified on April 5th which I believe is the day I installed the patch.

No, i installed mine today (7th) and it says the 2nd.

I dont think it works because after doing it I still get outfielders in slow motion at times, I thought they sorted that out?

Edit... Did a quick test with the Giants and Lincecum. After the 3rd strike out in an inning he would normally stay on the mound. He didnt this time so maybe it has worked :D... I dont know

Archived