Pc Patch For Downloaded Version -link-

gobucks

I am afraid I did not make myself clear. I have the downloaded version purchased at Best Buy, not the retail game, hence my question regarding if the Direct2drive patch works with any downloaded version or only with the one from that specific site.

As far as I know, only the D2D version. That's why i made the manual patch.

For those of you who don't trust me in what i did for the patch. I'll be glad to make a video showing you exactly what i done to make it, and in that video I'll even post that file here so you know I didn't do anything to it. I was just trying to help the people who didn't download from D2D get their game patched, I didn't mean to cause a big deal over it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am afraid I did not make myself clear. I have the downloaded version purchased at Best Buy, not the retail game, hence my question regarding if the Direct2drive patch works with any downloaded version or only with the one from that specific site.

I have the digital download from Best Buy. I used those patch files provided on this site and they work perfectly with this version.

As far as I know, only the D2D version. That's why i made the manual patch.

For those of you who don't trust me in what i did for the patch. I'll be glad to make a video showing you exactly what i done to make it, and in that video I'll even post that file here so you know I didn't do anything to it. I was just trying to help the people who didn't download from D2D get their game patched, I didn't mean to cause a big deal over it.

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't at all intended to be about what you did with that patch, I really appreciate it that you allowed some us to use the patch when we couldn't by regular means, and I am sure you didn't do anything sketchy. I just wanted to make sure that the D2D patch didn't work even for some of the downloaded versions of the game (like mine) and it was not just some weird error that was happening only to me. I am just still surprised that this whole patching thing is turning out to be so damn complicated, not only the normal DVD patch does not work, the specific patch for downloaded versions doesn't work either with games purchased at different stores, that's just preposterous.

Here's the files extracted. This worked on my Gamestop version.

As always, MAKE BACKUPS FIRST.

All you need to do is copy the files over to your 2K9 directory and overwrite the old ones.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af98e82/n/Manual_Patch_rar

(I did not test this, but i done the same thing to make this as i did with my copy, so it should be fine. If there is a problem, just let me know!)

can someone upload this file else where? I get an error saying everything is too full to download it

I have installed the patch on this thread (uploaded by wicked) and a lot of issues have been fixed but still am having the outfielders just stand there on a few of the fly balls...since the file sizes are different im wondering if this is just me or is this manual patch not the complete patch???

i'm not having any probs downloading from the direct2 site but im downloading the file factory version as well is there a difference between either? and does anyone know if this patch stops the crash???God i hope so i had a game with a perfect game going thru 7 innnings and the game crashed man was i piiiissssed *lol*

ive done a few slider changes which has made the game so much less frustrating and actually enjoyable other than the crash and i still havnt figured how to steal

well, I think I am officially loving this game. Except for one thing: I applied the manual patch that was put on the boards here a week or two ago, since the D2D thing wasn't working. My copy is a downloaded copy that I bought from gamestop.com and it worked just fine. But now that I applied the manual patch, I am starting to see the outfielder slow down problems and the outfielders missing the ball. I NEVER saw either of these glitches pre-manual patch.

I lost a game to the Mets because I had Mike Cameron and Corey Hart settled under 2 fly balls and go right by them for triples. I managed to win another game when it happened to Ryan Braun in left.

Again, I love the game and it plays really well for me. And it's lots of fun. But I never had those 2 glitches before I applied the manual patch. Could something be "missing" from those manual patch files that was in the actual .exe file?

well, I think I am officially loving this game. Except for one thing: I applied the manual patch that was put on the boards here a week or two ago, since the D2D thing wasn't working. My copy is a downloaded copy that I bought from gamestop.com and it worked just fine. But now that I applied the manual patch, I am starting to see the outfielder slow down problems and the outfielders missing the ball. I NEVER saw either of these glitches pre-manual patch.

I lost a game to the Mets because I had Mike Cameron and Corey Hart settled under 2 fly balls and go right by them for triples. I managed to win another game when it happened to Ryan Braun in left.

Again, I love the game and it plays really well for me. And it's lots of fun. But I never had those 2 glitches before I applied the manual patch. Could something be "missing" from those manual patch files that was in the actual .exe file?

It's a possibility. No one has tested it because no one applies the manual patch unless the other one doesn't work. So who knows...

I also get the outfielder fly ball glitch that is supposed to be fixed, but I got it just as much before the patch. The slow-downs are improved, but not gone.

• 3 weeks later...

there is actually a 2nd patch released for MLB 2k9... anyone know if the 2nd patch has been cracked yet??

thanks and please let me know

We don't talk about that stuff in here. If you want a cracked patch then you go out and find it yourself. We don't support any piracy talk in here, so if that is what you are into, then you are in the wrong place.

there is actually a 2nd patch released for MLB 2k9... anyone know if the 2nd patch has been cracked yet??

thanks and please let me know

There is no 2nd patch out for PC, both of the console patches were made into one for the PC.

We don't talk about that stuff in here. If you want a cracked patch then you go out and find it yourself. We don't support any piracy talk in here, so if that is what you are into, then you are in the wrong place.

alright my bad...

p.s GO BLUEE JAYSS, yanks suck

Archived