Baseball Card Template Wip

OsFan1983

This is an update to my current project that can be found HERE

I'll be updating the logos for the other templates and also adding the 2009 Topps card found in the game. Here's a preview, please tell me what you think.

v3preview.jpg

Here are the previews of the other series in the download

1962 Topps

normal and aged texture shown

62topps.jpg62topssc.jpg

1991 Upper Deck

91ud.jpg

1992 Bowman

normal and foil edition shown

92bow.jpg92bowfoil.jpg

I know the screenshot is from MVP, just being lazy I guess. :p

Edited by OsFan1983

I've been looking all over for this stuff. Phenominal job, I'd love to get anything else that you're working on. I'm in a few OOTP leagues, and cards are my responsibility.

Well I have been working on a few things just for league play. I been refining these for my MVP 94 season I'm playing. Kind of a fun way to show off major news in your season.

Daily Newspaper

A nice daily snapshot of your recent game.

sunfkd.png

Sporting News

Good for a weekly rundown of your team or around the league.

sportingnews.jpg

TV

This is for some big announcements, whether it's a major trade or impressive victory. Made it so any era could be shown authentically. (static can be adjusted for a clear picture of course :p )

11561179.pngtvold.png

I never really showed these off because I wasn't sure if there would be any demand for them. I could make more newspaper templates, as I'm sure everyone doesn't want the Baltimore Sun reporting all of their news. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by OsFan1983

Wow. You guys going to be sharing these templates? I too have been looking for all these things with no luck.

BTW, I have a folder with all the major magazine name logos if anyone is interested.

You can get all of the card templates except the 2009 Topps card from the link in my first post. I will release the other templates when I'm satisfied with them. I think the Sporting News template needs more work. I think I will be keeping the classic look of that magazine as the new design just doesn't set it apart from other magazines anymore.

Sharpshooter, I would be interested in any logos you got. Any help is appreciated.

Incorporating all the logos is what is taking so long with these templates. I will probably have to include a guide with this release, because the 2009 Topps card uses certain layer options some photoshop novices may find daunting. I think I'll leave the team background color as a Color Overlay. I was going to make the team logo and color linked, but if you want to make a custom team or minor league team, you'd be sol. I figure the more modular the templates are, the more use people can get out of them. Then there is the issue of complexity, so I think the guides would be a good idea.

Thoughts, opinions, insults* ? :D

* No insults please

You can get all of the card templates except the 2009 Topps card from the link in my first post. I will release the other templates when I'm satisfied with them. I think the Sporting News template needs more work. I think I will be keeping the classic look of that magazine as the new design just doesn't set it apart from other magazines anymore.

Sharpshooter, I would be interested in any logos you got. Any help is appreciated.

Incorporating all the logos is what is taking so long with these templates. I will probably have to include a guide with this release, because the 2009 Topps card uses certain layer options some photoshop novices may find daunting. I think I'll leave the team background color as a Color Overlay. I was going to make the team logo and color linked, but if you want to make a custom team or minor league team, you'd be sol. I figure the more modular the templates are, the more use people can get out of them. Then there is the issue of complexity, so I think the guides would be a good idea.

* No insults please

I'd love the 2009 card template when available. I'm no Photoshop pro, but do enough tinkering to be dangerous.

* No insults please

I'll upload a rar with the logos in a bit. There should be about 70+ high res magazine logos. The rar file is about 9mb.

This is awesome. One problem that I'm having however, is that Photoshop says that some fonts are missing or something when I go to open the front of the card, so i can't edit name, etc. Any thoughts on why it does that? I'd love to use your works if I could figure out how on earth to edit the name, etc on front of the card templates. The backs work just fine, but for some reason, fronts aren't.

This is awesome. One problem that I'm having however, is that Photoshop says that some fonts are missing or something when I go to open the front of the card, so i can't edit name, etc. Any thoughts on why it does that? I'd love to use your works if I could figure out how on earth to edit the name, etc on front of the card templates. The backs work just fine, but for some reason, fronts aren't.

That's strange because the fonts I'm using are pretty basic.

2009 Topps

BankGothic Light BT (TrueType font)

Baskerville Old Face (OpenType font)

The rest use Arial of some sort. ( I guess it was a popular font, or they were just unoriginal :p )

Arial Regular

Arial Bold

Arial Narrow *All are OpenType fonts

Back Template

Arial Regular

Arial Narrow

Check your Windows/Fonts folder for Arial Bold. What version of photoshop are you using? Maybe download the file again if it was corrupted, but I'm sure you already tried that. If it's a problem for even one person, I'll include the fonts I use for the templates in future releases.

good stuff as always. glad to see my basic sporting news template is being put to great use :) !

I assure you my work is original and if I used any part of another person's work I would credit them for it. If you're the person who had that awesome NY Mets dynasty thread, I did look to that for inspiration. :)

I assure you my work is original and if I used any part of another person's work I would credit them for it. If you're the person who had that awesome NY Mets dynasty thread, I did look to that for inspiration. :)

lol yes indeed - I couldn't remember if I ever sent you the temps...but your work is awesome, and actually your original work inspired my work for some of those threads. keep it up, I love seeing good photoshop work!

Edited by TrumpeteerNYR

• 4 years later...