1998 Mlb Mod

andy82

I don't know if this will solve it, but you could try this:

When I've created All Star teams for the single season mods I released (TC1951, TC1956, TC1978), I've done it as a multi-step process. Here's how I did it:

1. If you already have a .mbe file, make a copy of the .mbe file. If you don't have a .mbe file, open up MVPEdit, import your rosters, and save the .mbe file. Exit MVPEdit and make a copy of the .mbe file.

2. Open up MVPEdit and open up your copied .mbe file. Create your All Star teams by moving players from their current teams to the All Star teams. Don't worry that they are moving from their original teams because you will be discarding the .mbe file copy later.

3. Once you have created your All Star teams, export the two teams using the File->Export->Team menu option. Do this twice (once for each team) and save each team as a .met file, giving them names like AL_AllStars.met and NL_AllStars.met.

4. After you have saved your All Star teams, open your original .mbe file in MVPEdit..

5. Import your All Star teams into the .mbe file using the File->Import->Team menu option.

6. After your All Star teams have been imported, export your rosters to your data database folder using the Export menu option.

You now have proper All Star teams and the players are also still with their original teams.

This has worked for the single season mods, where I play exhibition games or run dynasties (with all trades and injuries turned off). I can't guarantee what would happen if injuries occur or trades are allowed, but for me, this works fine.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this will solve it, but you could try this:

I thought that as well. I tried exporting the MLB teams to a clean .MBE and that seems to have made the trick. The conclusion I may have reached was either the original .mbe was fucked or the Generic Players created in the minor teams screwed it up.

Sorted all the issues :D. Now, just gotta get rolling with the batting rating adjustments, finish portraits, sort out a few dodgy cyberfaces, insert the stadiums & loading screens, do a few logos, sort out unis, do a few menu images, CTS screens, and the mod should be done.

Due to release in 2019! lol.

Sorted all the issues :D. Now, just gotta get rolling with the batting rating adjustments, finish portraits, sort out a few dodgy cyberfaces, insert the stadiums & loading screens, do a few logos, sort out unis, do a few menu images, CTS screens, and the mod should be done.

You'll be done before you know it man! I have no worries.

Glad it all worked out,

You'll be done before you know it man! I have no worries.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy, hopefully this makes your life a little easier. I found a bunch of old player portraits, and sorted them by their 1998 team into folders. (I may have made a few mistakes it was very early in the morning when I did it.)

Some players I couldn't get the correct uniform, and for those their file name has the team's uniform they're wearing in parentheses.

1998_Portraits.rar

Enjoy!

Thanks for those Dylan.

Finding Images for portraits has been fine (Getty Images have a lot of 1998 portraits that are perfect as I can use them in a 128x128 format with transparency), it's just the amount of time it takes to do all the alpha/main image ***** and adjusting uniforms of certain players. Philthepat was helping but I haven't heard or received anything from him. I've been spending the last two weeks re-doing the batters ratings and college assignments so I've had no time whatsoever working on portraits.

holy moly, that's great to see someone else attempt faces. keep at it. not bad for starters. but you should've checked to see if i made one...which i did. it was in the last pack.

Damn I thought no one had made Ray Lankford. That's miles better than my lame attempt! lol. I couldn't find a decent res photo so I matched up the main parts and smudged the skin together, which is probably why I had such a blurred skin texture.

• 1 month later...

An update as such, not much work has been done in the last few weeks due to college work and illness. Aside from portraits, the mod could probably be released within two weeks but those fuckers are a pain even with the decision to ditch the alphas. Once again I'm asking for help with portraits, even if you are a complete newb with modding it doesn't matter just as long as you can deal with having a players face in a 128x128 .bmp image.

Rant over.

• 1 month later...