2k9 Being 2k9...

Wicked420

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that is seriously making me think twice about this game. Especially the bat/ball contact issues and the ball getting sucked into the SS glove all make me wonder now whether this game is even really playable. I bet a lot of this happens unbinounced to us as we play...pathetic.

I think the kid in the video, although verbally challenged, brings up a number of issues with gaming, particularly pc gaming today. It seems that a lot of gaming manufacturers are simply releasing console ports that wouldn't normally pass beta forcing us to be free beta testers...then releasing patches months down the road after the official release. This has been getting worse over the years it seems. If anyone else knows about the ongoing fiasco with Rockstar and the PC version of GTA IV, they know what I'm talking about.

it's sad to say that there product from 2 years ago is better than this crap, and 2k7 had that dumb robbing every HR glitch.

I just uninstalled mine. I just finished playing the default MVP with the patches. Unbelievable! Felt back at home!

The biggest thing bothering me now that I'm playing MVP again is the break on the pitches, it looks so retarded compared to 2K9.

Sorry to read that some are so dissatisfied with2k9.

I think the game is really no worse than MVP when it first arrived on the scene and I certainly think the future of MLB is bright. Again, thinking back to the early days of MVP, it took modders some time to figure out what could and could not be done to improve the game.....The same as it will for this sim.

I, for one, am definitely not giving up on this game and find it to be a challenge while still being entertaining.

There is plenty of room in my life for both MVP and MLB.

Sorry to read that some are so dissatisfied with2k9.

I think the game is really no worse than MVP when it first arrived on the scene and I certainly think the future of MLB is bright. Again, thinking back to the early days of MVP, it took modders some time to figure out what could and could not be done to improve the game.....The same as it will for this sim.

I, for one, am definitely not giving up on this game and find it to be a challenge while still being entertaining.

There is plenty of room in my life for both MVP and MLB.

MVP never had so many hard coded bugs when it was first released. Sure there were a few problems, but nothing that made it unplayable.

2k9 is just a joke. Not only the bugs, but little things like takeout slides at 2nd to break up a DP, arguing a call, editing players. How can something that was in a game from 4 years ago not be in a brand spanking new game?

Plus the franchise mode is completely screwed up, and that was the final straw for me.

Its just a p**s poor game.

The biggest thing bothering me now that I'm playing MVP again is the break on the pitches, it looks so retarded compared to 2K9.

What? That's my favorite part of MVP is that pitches actually break, granted it could be better and a lil less exaggerated but at least they break, unlike 2K9...

The break on the pitches in the Show is similar to MVP but it's not as exagerated but it is more sudden... when a splitter falls off the table it literally falls off the table like it's supposed to...

What? That's my favorite part of MVP is that pitches actually break, granted it could be better and a lil less exaggerated but at least they break, unlike 2K9...

The break on the pitches in the Show is similar to MVP but it's not as exagerated but it is more sudden... when a splitter falls off the table it literally falls off the table like it's supposed to...

That's the problem, a curve drops my from head to my toes... I have no problems reading the breaks on pitches in 2K9, they break just fine. They aren't perfect but they are much more realistic then MVP. MVP just has too much break on them.

curveballs break terribly in 2k9, and sliders don't break enough. other pitches are ok.

Yeah i noticed that too, the sliders are like a slow cutter. I didn't say all of them were good, but in general compared to MVP, in my opinion, they break better.

That's the problem, a curve drops my from head to my toes... I have no problems reading the breaks on pitches in 2K9, they break just fine. They aren't perfect but they are much more realistic then MVP. MVP just has too much break on them.

That's an easy fix though if it's that big of an issue for ya, just open your rosters in MVPEdit and decrease the movement on everyone's pitches...

That's an easy fix though if it's that big of an issue for ya, just open your rosters in MVPEdit and decrease the movement on everyone's pitches...

Is there a way to do this for everyone at once? I don't have the patience to do that for every pitcher in the game.

Unfortunatly no... when I get my personal rosters completed I could send it to ya... I can't upload it cause all I do is edit kg's rosters to my liking so I don't wanna step on any feet so whenever he gets his new roster out I'll have mine edited for realism within a day... I decrease pitch movement on all pitchers by 33% and I decrease pitcher's fielding abilities by 66% to cut down on the number of comebackers being caught...

Unfortunatly no... when I get my personal rosters completed I could send it to ya... I can't upload it cause all I do is edit kg's rosters to my liking so I don't wanna step on any feet so whenever he gets his new roster out I'll have mine edited for realism within a day... I decrease pitch movement on all pitchers by 33% and I decrease pitcher's fielding abilities by 66% to cut down on the number of comebackers being caught...

Yeah I'd appreciate that, thanks!

Archived