Mlb2k9 For $9.95

Trues

If you have MVP, use the 10 dollars to donate to this site, don't waste it on a broken game.

With all due respect Pirate. With sliders and roster fixes (coming next week I hope) They should spend 10 bucks on MLB 2K9, and then with the 10 bucks they saved donate that to MVPmods!

It's getting better as time goes on here. And as of right now it's a playable game. If they can fix the franchise (still in rumor stages at 2k forums) then this game for 10 bucks is a steal.

With all due respect Pirate. With sliders and roster fixes (coming next week I hope) They should spend 10 bucks on MLB 2K9, and then with the 10 bucks they saved donate that to MVPmods!

It's getting better as time goes on here. And as of right now it's a playable game. If they can fix the franchise (still in rumor stages at 2k forums) then this game for 10 bucks is a steal.

This is a playable game ?

Yea, I guess it's playable, but how much can a person really enjoy that **** ? The first 3 videos prove everything is scripted. There's no dynamics in the game, and unfortunately, dynamics is what makes baseball baseball.

Im playing the pc flavor of this game and after the patch im not seeing the first baseoff the bag and pickoff at second glitch anymore which were about the only problems i was having. I honestly have not seen all the things ive read about and seen in these videos. I'm about 20 games into my franchise and havent had problems so far. I'm still working on sliders and adding whatever work the modders can do so to me in MY opinion this is a very playable game.My fielders can catch and throw, my pitchers can pitch and my batters can hit, my games are not hr derby's. Its a game and i enjoy my time playing it, perhaps i'm not as nit picky as some because i remember Pong and Intellivision and how far weve come... but its still just a game and I have certainly gotten more than $20 in entertainment , and the season has just started.

is that post patch still?

I have seen the 1st one happen post patch but not to that degree. If guy swings and it hits him it will bounce off of him and possibly roll into play. haven't seen the one off the hands yet. I'm going to try and replicate it tonight. I'm going to take a hunch that they made the hands an extension of the bat.

I want to look close at #2 and #3 tonight and see if I can see that as well. As for #4 I saw weird stuff like that pre patch but nothing so far post patch.

Maybe it's lowered expectations on my part. But after the patch I can at least play a game thats enjoyable. Franchise is still fudged to a point where you have to turn injuries off. But I'll be honest for myself the pitcher batter interface in 2k9 is a hell of a lot of fun since the patch.

Pre patch I installed it. Played 2 games. Swore a lot. And put it back in the case while muttering to myself something about "when will you learn to read the forums before you blindly buy a game!"

For 10 bucks I think most people will find something to like. However the other 10 bucks should be donated ;)

Im playing the pc flavor of this game and after the patch im not seeing the first base and pickoff at second glitch anymore which were about the only problems i was having. I honestly have not seen all the things ive read about and seen in these videos. I'm about 20 games into my franchise and havent had problems so far. I'm still working on sliders and adding whatever work the modders can do so to me in MY opinion this is a very playable game.My fielders can catch and throw, my pitchers can pitch and my batters can hit, my games are not hr derby's. Its a game and i enjoy my time playing it, perhaps i'm not as nit picky as some because i remember Pong and Intellivision and how far weve come... but its still just a game and I have certainly gotten more than $20 in entertainment , and the season has just started.

Remember Major League Baseball for the intellivison? lol Everything ws a grounder unless it hit the fence (top of the screen) where it COULD be a homer you just had to hope the text that said HOME RUN came up.

Favorite intellivision game ever. well that or burger time! :)

Im playing the pc flavor of this game and after the patch im not seeing the first baseoff the bag and pickoff at second glitch anymore which were about the only problems i was having. I honestly have not seen all the things ive read about and seen in these videos. I'm about 20 games into my franchise and havent had problems so far. I'm still working on sliders and adding whatever work the modders can do so to me in MY opinion this is a very playable game.My fielders can catch and throw, my pitchers can pitch and my batters can hit, my games are not hr derby's. Its a game and i enjoy my time playing it, perhaps i'm not as nit picky as some because i remember Pong and Intellivision and how far weve come... but its still just a game and I have certainly gotten more than $20 in entertainment , and the season has just started.

Yea, I admit. The patch did fix the outfield and 1B glitch, which did help the gameplay. Those videos are from the patch PC version.

Well, I don't know your age, but I'm 28. I'll be 29 April 22nd. I used to play Coleco and Atari 2600. I know where you're comin' from. I do, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the work ethic of a certain company in 2009. I enjoy playin' The Show '09 on my PSP much more than MLB 2K9 on my PC, which honestly, is disappointing to me.

Yea, I admit. The patch did fix the outfield and 1B glitch, which did help the gameplay. Those videos are from the patch PC version.

Well, I don't know your age, but I'm 28. I'll be 29 April 22nd. I used to play Coleco and Atari 2600. I know where you're comin' from. I do, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the work ethic of a certain company in 2009. I enjoy playin' The Show '09 on my PSP much more than MLB 2K9 on my PC, which honestly, is disappointing to me.

I for one will not disagree with you on some of the business policies of a certain company. In fact some of it is shameful. But for those of us that don't have a PS3 the show isn't an option. though I really would like to try out that game.

And I for one am a PC sports gamer wherever possible since I am a mod junkie. NHL 09 for the 360 is really the only console game I have fallen in love with in a long time.

And ya I'm 34 and remember all the gaming days. Anyone remember Earl Weaver Baseball? that was the greatest game for me. loved making my own stadiums.

I for one will not disagree with you on some of the business policies of a certain company. In fact some of it is shameful. But for those of us that don't have a PS3 the show isn't an option. though I really would like to try out that game.

And I for one am a PC sports gamer wherever possible since I am a mod junkie. NHL 09 for the 360 is really the only console game I have fallen in love with in a long time.

And ya I'm 34 and remember all the gaming days. Anyone remember Earl Weaver Baseball? that was the greatest game for me. loved making my own stadiums.

I remember that game. I've been a gamer and liked baseball since I was like 5. I remember Front Page Sports Baseball, the Hardball series ( and I'm not talkin' about the recent ones. I'm talkin' about the first and second ones for PC back in the day ), Tommy Lasorda Baseball for Genesis, RBI Baseball and Bases Loaded for NES.. the list would go on and on. I'm probably forgetting a lot.

****, man, I remember I had a PC that was 33 MHz. 66 Mhz when you hit the turbo button on the front of the case. Back then, when computers were either SX or DX. Yea, it's like that.

I go back even further to Commodore 64s or 128s. 64 and 128 being the amount of memory it had - 64KB or 128KB - good god - Today, we download more data than that per second ! I remember using the Commodore 128. It booted up into 64 mode by default and I had to type ' go 128 ' or some **** like that and it went into 128 mode. LOL, damn.. It's really crazy when you think about it.

I used to download warez from BBSs at 2KB per second using a 2400 baud modem. Then, the 9600s and 14.4s came out. Still, you could only acheive so much speed over a phone line. I think it was like 5K per second. Remember all that bullshit ? MNP, v.42 BIS ? They were compression methods for modems. Oh man, Y-modem G and Z-modem, lol..

LOL yes I remember that and I actually ran a BBS for a while back in the day. I actually remember one or two decent BBS games too. I think the really good one was trade wars. but that was almost 20 years ago lol.

LOL yes I remember that and I actually ran a BBS for a while back in the day. I actually remember one or two decent BBS games too. I think the really good one was trade wars. but that was almost 20 years ago lol.

I played Bordello on the BBSs, hahhhh.

If you have MVP, use the 10 dollars to donate to this site, don't waste it on a broken game.

....................or people can spend their money however the hell they want.

You may be a big-time mod contributor to this site, and that's all well and good, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to be *** that you are. Keep your mouth shut and let people spend their money however they want.

You may be a big-time mod contributor to this site, and that's all well and good, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to be *** that you are. Keep your mouth shut and let people spend their money however they want.

Listen you little twerp, who the **** do YOU THINK YOU ARE???? Although I am quite sure I have an idea, why don't you screw the hell off, and go play with yourself in your bedroom, while waiting for the next opportunity to be a "BIG MAN" on the internet. Pirate is a respected member of this site, and if he wants to give his opinion. so be it. Who the hell are you to jump down his throat for giving his opinion on the subject of purchasing a game???

So, dumbass, go to hell, you little dink. 47 posts since 2004....I have a pretty good idea that you in fact may be a dupe account of a past member here, but in case you are legit....crawl the **** back under whatever rock you crawled out from, and don't come back.

I may very well be an a$$, but I'm not sure that my investment advise really warranted that reply. By the way my mouth never opened once while typing that previous post.

I agree seatrane. Since the patch, it's a way better game. If 2ksports really gives a ****, they'll keep trying with another patch and fix the franchise and whatever minor glitches there are. I for one haven't seen any since the patch.

Wow mva5580, you tried to point out that someone stating how to spend someone else's money is an a**, yet you became an a** by posting a reply like that, ironic.

Chill out. No one is telling you to like the game, how to spend your money or what to believe.

The Internet is serious business ;)

Wow man, really?????

Dude take that **** to the 2k sports forum with the rest of the idiots.

Archived