File Name: MVPMods Community Rosters Version 1.1

File Submitter: Snash13

File Submitted: 17 Apr 2009

File Category: MLB 2K9 - Rosters

----MVPMods Community MLB 2k9 Roster Update----

Version 1.1

The Team

--------

Snash13- Minors, Day to Day transactions, Ratings Adjustments, Lineups and Rotations

Hoop27-Walk and Arm Stregth Ratings

0 Tolerance- Lineups and Rotations, Transactions

MILKMANANT - Lineups and Rotations, Transactions

What is done so far

--------------------

All lineups have been tweaked and set

25 Man Rosters for opening day (Minus the DL)

Bunch of minor league propects named

ALL MLB player contracts are correct now

Walk ratings adjusted for ALL MLB players

Arm Stregth adjusted for all MLB Catchers

What is coming in 1.1

---------------------

Complete Prospect Names (AAA)

More Ratings Adjustments (MLB + AAA)

ETA: TBD

How To Install

--------------

For XP users:

Extract the MVPMods11.ROS save file to your /Documents and Settings/2K Sports/MLb 2k9/Saves folder

and load the roster file in the game.

For Vista Users:

Goto My Computer and click the Organize tab at the top left, Click Folder and Search Options and select the

view tab. Ensure that the button labeled Show Hidden Files and Folders under the folder Hidden Files and Folders

is selected. If it is not selected then select it.

Proceed to the Users/YourUsername/AppData/Roaming/2K Sports/MLB 2k9/Saves folder and extract the MVPMods11.ROS save

file and load it in the game.

Special Thanks

--------------

Joshtribe, MarkB, TBizzle23, Hoop27 and everyone else who has helped us with prospects and or suggestions for the roster.

The entire crew at MVPMods.com, The best bunch of modders on the net!

If you have any questions, concerns, comments or suggestions please feel free to contact us via one of the following lines

of communication:

SnashRosters@gmail.com

or PM at

MVPMods.com (Snash13)

EAMods.com (Snash13)

The official MVPMods Roster Thread is

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=37251

Enjoy and God Bless!

Click here to download this file

what exactly are the walk ratings adjustments?

hey Arsenio since I did then I should explain them lol

Basically the walk rating adjustments were done for two reasons. #1 get the cpu to take more pitches in the strike zone. #2 to get the cpu to be a little more selective with 2 strikes. aka not chase everything with 2 strikes.

The catchers got their arms lowered to adjust for the stealing issues. We'll see how well it works with feedback. But I have had success with it so far.

The Rangers roster is still fairly far off, has the wrong closer, two missing pitchers (who are missing from the game completely I think. Havent checked all F.A. though) the batting order is a tad off, and a few players playing the incorrect positions. All are fairly easy fixes though!

Thank for all the hard work you guys all put into the game!

Does anyone know where I can find this years rosters with last years stats??

Reason being there is a significant problem with the sim engine (anybody else shocked? lol) so I am thinking I may try a mass fix using a simple plan I'll use BA as an example....

Rating Average

100 .400 aka your Ted Williams

90 .350 aka general league leader

75 .300 aka very good hitter

50 .250 aka fringe player

20 .200 aka Mendoza Line

I'll do the same thing for Power and of course try and use the splits (duh) but I figure I'll start with the batters without touching the pitchers and see what happens to the #'s then adjust pitchers if need be.

The only big thing I notice with the Cardinals is you moved Skip to second but you didn't edit his defensive abilities at the position. So it is the default of 5 I bumped my up to about 70 other than that pretty good roster on the Cards side of things anyway.

The only big thing I notice with the Cardinals is you moved Skip to second but you didn't edit his defensive abilities at the position. So it is the default of 5 I bumped my up to about 70 other than that pretty good roster on the Cards side of things anyway.

LOL ok nice catch. I'll update that right away.

Alright quick update for you guys. I've lowered the contact rating by 10 for each batter on the teams A-C and am getting better sim #'s on those teams and the overall pitching #'s have come down. This will be the next update for the rosters and I will try to have it done by the end of the weekend!

edit: After running a few more sims and comparing #'s to MLB #'s I'm knocking down the walks rating a bit to compensate for the high walk #'s but it doesn't appear to have that much of an adverse effect on the game play. So I think I found a happy medium. (although it's more editing sigh. 2K is gonna pay lol)

Thanks for the work, much appreciated. Just wanted to make you aware of the fact that the Red Sox have the incorrect Ramon Ramirez on their roster. The correct one is the one that pitched for KC in 2008. In this roster version, they have the one that pitched for Cincinnati last year.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this to you.

Still need to redo the Brewers.

Trot Nixon and Mike Lamb both should be in the free agent pool.

Current roster for the Nashville Sounds

Current roster for the Milwaukee Brewers

Todd Coffey and Mark DiFelice both need to be added to the Brewers current roster. RJ Swindle was just called up recently. David Riske possible stint on the 60 day DL.

The Brewers have 24 players on their roster so you can move DiFelice and Coffey up and move Riske down to the minors. Other than those errors an awesome job on the rosters.

quick update for you all. First thing I am doing is working on the roster re ratings. I'm through the Angels to the Rangers so about 2/3 the way there.

I also changed Skip Schumaker to give him a 90 rating at 2B.

When I finish the ratings I'll take a look at the changes you guys have suggested.

If I don't get to them on this update I am sure they will be on the next update.

In my sims so far with about 20 teams edited I had one team ERA under 4.20 and probably 8 more under 4.50 so I should be close to MLB numbers when I am finished.

I'm still hoping to have them done tonight but I think tomorrow may be a more realistic guess.

Hey all roster workers...

According to emcnally, the unlockedit tool allows us to edit beyond the editing limit for the game. Did anyone else know this or can anyone else confirm this?

That would be great...as there would be nothing standing in our way creating a complete roster ahead of the release of tywiggins roster editor. (not that that won't be hugely helpful once that it comes out).

Here is the thread where he mentions it... http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic...rt=#entry564520

quick update for you all. First thing I am doing is working on the roster re ratings. I'm through the Angels to the Rangers so about 2/3 the way there.

I also changed Skip Schumaker to give him a 90 rating at 2B.

When I finish the ratings I'll take a look at the changes you guys have suggested.

If I don't get to them on this update I am sure they will be on the next update.

In my sims so far with about 20 teams edited I had one team ERA under 4.20 and probably 8 more under 4.50 so I should be close to MLB numbers when I am finished.

I'm still hoping to have them done tonight but I think tomorrow may be a more realistic guess.

Hoop,

As far as the work doing the AA and A players for each team (and any AAA players that aren't real, if there are such players), is there any way you'd consider adding more people to the roster modding team who could each focus on a few teams to do themselves? That way the daunting task of flushing out the low minors could be a bit easier to manage (knowing how slow of a process editing can be). We did this for Madden 08 and it worked very well. That said, I am amazed at how fast you've been able to do your edits thus far, so perhaps the time required to finish up the low minors isn't so large. Just an idea...and if you chose to go that route, I'd be more than happy to take a few teams. Keep up the great work.

Hoop,

As far as the work doing the AA and A players for each team (and any AAA players that aren't real, if there are such players), is there any way you'd consider adding more people to the roster modding team who could each focus on a few teams to do themselves? That way the daunting task of flushing out the low minors could be a bit easier to manage (knowing how slow of a process editing can be). We did this for Madden 08 and it worked very well. That said, I am amazed at how fast you've been able to do your edits thus far, so perhaps the time required to finish up the low minors isn't so large. Just an idea...and if you chose to go that route, I'd be more than happy to take a few teams. Keep up the great work.

There is always room for more people helping. just PM Snash and let him know. The big problem we have right now is only one person can do one thing at a time, since we dont have a real editor yet. So for example once I complete the ratings adjustments we will release it as V1.2 and then whoever the next person is that takes over will say fix minors or lineups etc.

It makes it a slow go but it has it's advantages as well. For myself I couldn't care less about the minors since I play every game of my season it will likely be going till the end of this year lol. But with my old slider experience I was able to see what the sliders could and couldn't do and quickly realized with some testing that the ratings were screwed up across the board, and I could fix them fairly easily.

So like I said PM Snash and of course everyone that has helped with the rosters can give feedback to help whoevers turn it is.

as for the file you mentioned it could come in handy. fortunately for my phase I dont need it. (yet)

Because we can only work one at a time I favor not having a ton of people working on the roster because it is too hard to keep track of who is doing what.

After hoop is done with his adjustments I will be completing AAA 100%. The easiest way for people to help is to send me info via PM so I can keep track on everything in one place....

A few posts ago I mentioned the incorrect Ramon Ramirez on the Red Sox roster. Turns out that it was also incorrect on the original roster from 2K Sports. I can't seem to find the Red Sox Ramon Ramirez at all in the game, so he would probably need to be created from scratch.

A few posts ago I mentioned the incorrect Ramon Ramirez on the Red Sox roster. Turns out that it was also incorrect on the original roster from 2K Sports. I can't seem to find the Red Sox Ramon Ramirez at all in the game, so he would probably need to be created from scratch.

LOL figures. Once I've finished up with the ratings (tonight) Snash will be onto AAA and rosters I think.

I am using Vista. I did everything in the install instructions. Vista is not letting me download the file and directs me to a windows page dealing with .rar files. can anyone help me with this. I am not very familiar with updating these games. Thanks

I am using Vista. I did everything in the install instructions. Vista is not letting me download the file and directs me to a windows page dealing with .rar files. can anyone help me with this. I am not very familiar with updating these games. Thanks

You need program called winrar, to extract the mod you downloaded. Once extracted, you can install it.

Winrar: http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm

Download 3.80

Archived