Back In Black: A 2009 Chicago Whitesox Franchise

Maestro23

Sickness?  SICKNESS?  Is that the only expletive(s) Ozzie can come up with??  Oops, nevermind, this is a G rated site.  Either way, you captured it well, Maestro, I can just "hear" the turmoil in Ozzie's voice over the pitching situation.

Wow, Carolos Quentin (.423/10/29) has got to be leading the AL in at least one of these categories.  Great job on the update as always.  That DM page is top notch.   :clapping:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sickness?  SICKNESS?  Is that the only expletive(s) Ozzie can come up with??  Oops, nevermind, this is a G rated site.  Either way, you captured it well, Maestro, I can just "hear" the turmoil in Ozzie's voice over the pitching situation.

Wow, Carolos Quentin (.423/10/29) has got to be leading the AL in at least one of these categories.  Great job on the update as always.  That DM page is top notch.   :clapping:

Thanks Jay. GM Kenny Williams has made several phone calls to Ozzie during the Texas series. He told Ozzie to keep his "cool" with the press. :D

I think Ozzie countered back with "Find me some &!#% pitching then!" ;)

Quentin is 2nd in avg behind Dye. Also tied with Longoria for HR's with 10, but 2nd fiddle to Evan in RBIs with 29. Texas kinda cooled Carlos off. No doubt though he has carried the team so far.

Them Texas boys can hit man. I mean they hit Danks and Contreras like they were pitching BP. I think that was Danks' 2nd bad outing in a row, I'll have check the stats.

Ron Washington's boys laid down the law on Ozzie & Co., taking the series 2-1. They flat-out decimated the starting pitching in games 1 & 2.

I know what ya mean, they took 2 outta 3 from me, even dropping 13 on me in one game. My only win was a shutout.

I've said from the onset that Texas would be a FUN team to have in a franchise, because the offense will always been entertaining. Plus, Ben Sheets is a FA in this game that they could pick up. Looks lke Sheets may join the Rangers after he has his surgery. THe doctor supervising his recovery is the Rangers team doctor.

Ozzie is beside himself about the pitching staff. He's had bullpen troubles since the season began,

There may be something with relievers on this game. It almost seems as if a tired starter is more effective than an average reliever (closers seem pretty dominant).

Sox head to last place KC for a quick 2-game stint, then back home for 2 games against Detroit.

Yeah, I thought I'd "get healthy" against KC ... and then they took 2 of 3. My only win, again, was a shutout.

Interesting ... I'm currently playing the same CWS v. DET series, only I'm the Tiggers.

Good luck, hopefully you won;t face Grienke. Get into their pen if you can.

I know what ya mean, they took 2 outta 3 from me, even dropping 13 on me in one game. My only win was a shutout.

I've said from the onset that Texas would be a FUN team to have in a franchise, because the offense will always been entertaining. Plus, Ben Sheets is a FA in this game that they could pick up. Looks lke Sheets may join the Rangers after he has his surgery. THe doctor supervising his recovery is the Rangers team doctor.

There may be something with relievers on this game. It almost seems as if a tired starter is more effective than an average reliever (closers seem pretty dominant).

Yeah, I thought I'd "get healthy" against KC ... and then they took 2 of 3. My only win, again, was a shutout.

Interesting ... I'm currently playing the same CWS v. DET series, only I'm the Tiggers.

Good luck, hopefully you won;t face Grienke. Get into their pen if you can.

Agree on Texas CC. I almost used them in a franchise. Like their roster and love their uniforms. Just hate that cracker box they play in.

You might be on to something with relievers and the closer. I know when I bring Jenks in, he's popping that catchers glove with that heater of his. Couple of my relievers I really struggle with.

I'm facing Mech (1-3/4.28) and Greinke (2-3/6.14) in the 2-game set. I bet ya, they are going to be tougher than those numbers indicate. -_-

*Everyone following the dynasty, let me know who your favorite team is, and I will summarize what they are doing in my updates.

This game nailed Jose Contreras pretty well. His delivery and release is pretty interesting. From the stretch he comes sidearm, and for the most part his pitches are kinda tough to pick up. He pitched a weird game againt me. I got him for 6 runs in the 5th, and absolutely zilch for every other inning. He had a weird line of something like 9IP 11H 6ER 5K. Weird game. Ozzie must not have been hapy with him, to keep him in and send him back out.

I've said it many times, if you haven't been to his DM page, you're missing it.  Makes you want to make one yourself.   :huh:

JR, you're too kind man. Your check's in the mail. ;)

Well, it is raining cats and dogs here now. Luckily, all the grilling got done, and I have plenty of beer. :D

Just finished up with Detroit, and I'm working on the update now. Plus listening to some SRV and drinking plenty of brew. :hi:

I always said, if JR and I could combine forces on a dynasty.... ^_^

@ THE.DOCTOR: Thanks man. I just try to make it entertaining.

I've said it many times, if you haven't been to his DM page, you're missing it.  Makes you want to make one yourself.   :huh:

I agree. If I were controlling just one team, I'd be all over the dynastymanager type page, as that's the type of stats/update geek I can be. Doing that for multiple teams would squash my enthusiasm, and start to feel like a second job.

I do however, really enjoy reading his updates.

I think people can enjoy 2k9 as much as they want to. If you want to get really involved in a franchise it can be fun.

I agree. If I were controlling just one team, I'd be all over the dynastymanager type page, as that's the type of stats/update geek I can be. Doing that for multiple teams would squash my enthusiasm, and start to feel like a second job.

I do however, really enjoy reading his updates.

I think people can enjoy 2k9 as much as they want to. If you want to get really involved in a franchise it can be fun.

Thanks CC. Yeah, there is NO WAY I could do this for multiple teams. I'm enjoying the bug-riddled 2k9 enough, to keep it going to the end. Just hoping I dont' run into a Franchise killer the further I get into this thing. 2K better iron out some things for next year's release though. Hope they are reading the forums.

I'm adding/changing a few things for the next update I'm working on. Hope you guys like it. :D

Update: 26 May 09

Well, we had 2-game series with both KC & Detroit. We split each 1-1, and are tied for 2nd-place in the Division, 1-game behind Minnesota.

Starting pitching woes continue, but the bullpen might be showing some signs of pulling their heads out of their collective #$%!

Josh Fields has really been swinging a good stick lately. Hitting .400 which is 2nd on the team to Dye's .401

SS Alexi Ramirez can not hit the broad-side of a barn right now. Ozzie is probably going to bench him for the upcoming 3-game series with Texas.

*Added some new stuff to the DM page. Now includes Team Head-to-Head stats for the upcoming series. Also added Game Recap videos. w/ Sound. The video editing is VERY crude on these, but something I wanted to try out. Hopefully will get better with time. If you have any problems with them playing, or showing up on the page, let me know. List what browser you're using.

As always, check the DM Page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...0then%20Detroit

"Stay thirsty my friends" :hi:

k2mx46.jpg

The new video options are very cool, nice job Maestro.  Looks like Ozzie should be pretty happy with the hitting up to this point, lots of guys pounding the ball.

Do you plan on catching up with the schedule, or just play them as you have time?

Either way, awesome job, that page is fantastic.   :good:

The new video options are very cool, nice job Maestro.  Looks like Ozzie should be pretty happy with the hitting up to this point, lots of guys pounding the ball.

Do you plan on catching up with the schedule, or just play them as you have time?

Either way, awesome job, that page is fantastic.   :good:

Thanks Jay. I've been seriously thinking about just playing the games to catch up to the real schedule. Like you, I really hate being so far behind the actual schedule. Playing the games is a breeze, its the updates that take all the time.

What do you guys think? Welcome any feedback on the matter.

Looking forward to this Texas series. I owe them big-time for that good 'ole fashioned butt-whooping they gave me down in Texas. They beat me like I was at school recess, and then took my lunch money. ^_^

I don't want to pressure you, Maestro, by all means play at your own pace.  I was just going through your schedule and saw you were only a couple of weeks behind, so I was just curious if that was your intention.  But you know me, being able to compare game stats to real life numbers adds a dimension to the season, it's just a personal preference.

Either way, you got a good thing going, I'm sure people will still follow.

I don't want to pressure you, Maestro, by all means play at your own pace.  I was just going through your schedule and saw you were only a couple of weeks behind, so I was just curious if that was your intention.  But you know me, being able to compare game stats to real life numbers adds a dimension to the season, it's just a personal preference.

Either way, you got a good thing going, I'm sure people will still follow.

Heavily leaning toward just playing the games to catch up to the schedule. Not simming, mind you. Once I get caught up, I think my updates will be better, because I won't be trying to rush and catch up.

I've been doing the same thing with the stats as you, going back and checking boxscores.

I think Texas is a good place to start, to getting things caught. Once I'm caught up, the regularly scheduled updates will continue. :hi:

I'm really questioning your committment. I mean, don't you feel a "2-day cough" coming on ... or maybe a "3-day flu" to take you through to the weekend? *grin*

Seriously, just play up to the games. I'm not even sure after a few games worth of updates that anyone willnotice that you skipped ahead.

I'm really questioning your committment. I mean, don't you feel a "2-day cough" coming on ... or maybe a "3-day flu" to take you through to the weekend? *grin*

Seriously, just play up to the games. I'm not even sure after a few games worth of updates that anyone willnotice that you skipped ahead.

You know CC, I am beginning to feel something coming on... ^_^

I believe you right though, I'm just going to play the games like a mad man, until I'm up with the real schedule. I love doing the in-depth updates, but hate so far behind in the season.

Hopefully, no one will question my integrity. :ph34r:

Update: 1 June 09

Well, after a brief hiatus... I'm back. I hated being so far behind the regular season schedule, that a played my games from May 9 - May 27 like a mad man. I haven't played that many games straight of video game Baseball since my Sega Genesis games. :wacko:

Glad to say, we went 13-6 thru that stretch, and are sitting atop the AL Central with a 2.5 game lead over Cleveland.

Thank the baseball gods for my law firm of Thome, Dye, & Quentin, as these guys have carried this team over the last couple of weeks. Our pitching is still suspect, as Ozzie is contemplating sending one of this starters down to AAA Charlotte.

NEWSFLASH: We are finally starting to steal some bases!!!! Mind you, not in the realm of Lou Brock or Rickey Henderson. <_<

Congrats to our Brent Lillibridge, as he was named AL Rookie of the Week last week.

We witnessed history in our series with KC. Not only did they take the series 2-1, but Jose Guillen hit for the cycle in Game 3. He is the 5th player in Royals history to do so. Just had to come against us. <_<

We now get ready to host JR's Oakland A's for a 4-game series. They flat-out stink, so I'm hoping for at least 3 wins.

If anyone wants to know how a particular team/player is doing, just ask & I'll get some stats for ya.

As always, check my DM page for for coverage. I've added full Boxscores now.: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...0make%20History

As always, enjoy & "Stay thirsty my friends". :hi:

m94o74.jpg

Awesome update, M! Ouch on the cycle, but hey, you got the series.  And BTW, take it easy on my A's, don't be running up the score or anything.

Seriously, I love that Head to Head module on your DM page, very nice.  I've got the Sox on the schedule tonight (no suprise there, eh?), with Gallagher (2-1, 3.89) going up against Danks (6-4, 2.47).  

I may have overlooked it, but who's the starters in the first game of the series? 

Awesome update, M! Ouch on the cycle, but hey, you got the series.  And BTW, take it easy on my A's, don't be running up the score or anything.

Seriously, I love that Head to Head module on your DM page, very nice.  I've got the Sox on the schedule tonight (no suprise there, eh?), with Gallagher (2-1, 3.89) going up against Danks (6-4, 2.47).  

I may have overlooked it, but who's the starters in the first game of the series? 

Thanks Jay. Man, I hope I don't take Oakland to lightly and they sneak up on me. :o

Game 1: Braden (5-4, 3.20) v. Floyd (4-2, 2.95) : I see Floyd pitched well tonight against Oakland, (7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 8 K) but didn't get the win.

@CC: I think it was you who said that if you could get to KC's bullpen, they were beatable. You were right. Game 2 we roughed up Farnsworth in relief, but as you see, he came back in Game 3 and pitched 3 inning of lights out ball. The Royals winning the Division... Hell has frozen over. :huh:

*How does everyone like those boxscores?

Beautiful.  Did you make those, M?

No, can't take credit for those. Made by PujolsForMVP over at DM. Lot of guys use his tables over at DM.

Makes things easier, since a lot of them are console gamers, and enter stuff in by hand (Like me... Here's where I miss BoxScore Extractor). :(

He does some good stuff, including his write-ups.

Here's his Cardinals page: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...20for%20Pineiro

Archived