Back In Black: A 2009 Chicago Whitesox Franchise

Maestro23

Great update, Maestro!  Thome went 0-8 in the last half of that series??   :huh:  He can't be slacking with Cleveland so close in the standings.

Man, Ozzie just "seems" on the edge at all times, great job at capturing that, M.  Awesome update, and good luck against the NL and the Brew Crew.   ^_^

(every time I see "stay thirsty" now, I have an urge to run to the fridge)

Thanks Jay. Man, Jackson and Verlander were NASTY. Do you hear me, just plain NASTY. :unsure:

After Jackson shut Big Jim down, I just knew he would get back on track in the final game. Nope, Verlander must have went over Jackson's notes from the night before. <_<

But you see, Thome makes this team go. He goes 0-for-8, we put 2 in the loss column. I'm looking forward to going up against the Brew Crew, they have been tearing it up over there.

As for Ozzie, he's just fun to write for. And he is on edge. :crazy: He's conflicted with what to do with Buehrle, but he sees that when Buehrle is on the mound, the team doesn't support him. Can't hit, forget how to field, etc...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jay. Man, Jackson and Verlander were NASTY. Do you hear me, just plain NASTY. :unsure:

After Jackson shut Big Jim down, I just knew he would get back on track in the final game. Nope, Verlander must have went over Jackson's notes from the night before. <_<

But you see, Thome makes this team go. He goes 0-for-8, we put 2 in the loss column. I'm looking forward to going up against the Brew Crew, they have been tearing it up over there.

As for Ozzie, he's just fun to write for. And he is on edge. :crazy: He's conflicted with what to do with Buehrle, but he sees that when Buehrle is on the mound, the team doesn't support him. Can't hit, forget how to field, etc...

Cool stuff.  I doubt if there's Major League Stadium that can hold both Thome and Fielder.  By the time the series is over, I'm going to give Thome the edge.

Update: 16 June 09

Hah, take that Bud Selig. Sox cruise into Miller Park and lay the smackdown on the Brew Crew with a 3-0 series sweep. Thus begins the Guys in Black assault on the NL Central. :D

All three games were close, but the Sox prevailed with good pitching and some timely hitting. Colon flirted with a complete-game shutout in Game 3, but was thwarted by a JJ Hardy 2-run bomb in the 9th with 1-out.

Alexei Ramirez has been of fire lately, and has earned Ozzie's trust. He is now back as the starting SS. Said Ozzie, "Where was this at the beginning of the season? He could have saved us all this drama."

The Sox next travel to the North Side for their annual battle with their crosstown brothers, the Chicago Cubs. This has always been a fun series, no matter what the records of each club has been. This year should be a little more exciting, as both clubs are doing real well in their respective divisions. The Cubs are a game behind 1st place Milwaukee, and the Sox sit atop the AL Central alone... 2 games ahead of the Tribe.

As always, check my DM page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...p%20Brew%20Crew

"Stay thirsty my friends." :hi:

14lkhx.jpg

Congrats on the sweep, M!  Love the part about Ozzie saying he could puke on Wrigley, lol.  Sounds like something he'd say.  Jack Cust with a Player of the Week honor, gotta love that too.  He's crusing in my dynasty, as a matter of fact, I think my whole team is on cruise... <_<  We're a pretty average squad.

Anyway, that page is pretty sweet, I can't imagine how long that takes to update it, absolutely excellent stuff.  Good luck with the Cubbies series, keep us updated if you can.

B)

Update: 16 June 09

Hah, take that Bud Selig. Sox cruise into Miller Park and lay the smackdown on the Brew Crew with a 3-0 series sweep. Thus begins the Guys in Black assault on the NL Central. :D

All three games were close, but the Sox prevailed with good pitching and some timely hitting. Colon flirted with a complete-game shutout in Game 3, but was thwarted by a JJ Hardy 2-run bomb in the 9th with 1-out.

Alexei Ramirez has been of fire lately, and has earned Ozzie's trust. He is now back as the starting SS. Said Ozzie, "Where was this at the beginning of the season? He could have saved us all this drama."

The Sox next travel to the North Side for their annual battle with their crosstown brothers, the Chicago Cubs. This has always been a fun series, no matter what the records of each club has been. This year should be a little more exciting, as both clubs are doing real well in their respective divisions. The Cubs are a game behind 1st place Milwaukee, and the Sox sit atop the AL Central alone... 2 games ahead of the Tribe.

As always, check my DM page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...p%20Brew%20Crew

"Stay thirsty my friends." :hi:

14lkhx.jpg

Good job, dumping the Brewers. They've been a pain in my butt (just swept StL to take over 1st place).

I'm looking at the picture in your update and thinking ...

[1] Why are the numbers for the 83 throwbacks "purple" (2K really did a crap job on uni #'s).

[2] It says Alexie Ramirez, but shows Aaron Rowand, then I remembered on 2k9 Ramirez is a white guy. *shrugs*

I'm taking those 83 throwbacks and making em white, grey, and black. I think that'll look prety cool.

Congrats on the sweep, M!  Love the part about Ozzie saying he could puke on Wrigley, lol.  Sounds like something he'd say.  Jack Cust with a Player of the Week honor, gotta love that too.  He's crusing in my dynasty, as a matter of fact, I think my whole team is on cruise... <_<  We're a pretty average squad.

Anyway, that page is pretty sweet, I can't imagine how long that takes to update it, absolutely excellent stuff.  Good luck with the Cubbies series, keep us updated if you can.

B)

Thanks Jay. That quote is a direct quote from Ozzie. :D Found here: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

It's got Cubs fans in an uproar. :D

That page is a labor of love, I guess. <_< It does take a while, but not as much as it did in the beginning. I've got the process pretty much down pat now. Man, I'm still mad about blowing that complete-game shutout. -_-

@CC: Man it felt good sweeping them. Kept big Prince in check too.

Yeah, some of the colors are just horrible on certain uniforms in the game. But hey, just working with what we got. -_-

I love those old Sox uniforms. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thanks for checking the page guys.

And then he says that the Cub's fans have to respect his opinion?  lol

Yeah, I bet they do.   :huh:

That series is still fun to watch, I'll have it on here as much as possible.  Piniella and Guillen in the same ballpark should be a blast.

LOL. I know man. Ozzie being Ozzie. Although there are rumblings that his act might be getting old on the South Side.

Yeah should be fun. I'll have the game on tomorrow night (7pm WGN) & plenty of BEER. :drinks:

That's the only way I can watch those jokers these days. :D

hey man,

quick question: what is your primary dynasty site (for lack of a better phrase). do you use DM as a "backup" for mvpmods or do you use mvpmods as a platform to promote your DM site?

btw, LOVE the dynasty

Thanks for the comments.

I was a member of DM way before I found MVP Mods. Used to do Madden/NCAA football dynasties over there. Built up quite a following. Then I found this site and still had my MVP 05 for PC. Dropped doing football dynasties and now just do baseball.

Got friends at both places, so I keep both updated. DM is easier for me to do with all the stats, HTML, etc..., but I do summarize over here for my friends here, and link to the DM page if they want more in-depth stuff. I also have a link over there to this site to get the word out. :D

Thanks again, DB and welcome to the site.

Thanks for the comments.

I was a member of DM way before I found MVP Mods. Used to do Madden/NCAA football dynasties over there. Built up quite a following. Then I found this site and still had my MVP 05 for PC. Dropped doing football dynasties and now just do baseball.

Got friends at both places, so I keep both updated. DM is easier for me to do with all the stats, HTML, etc..., but I do summarize over here for my friends here, and link to the DM page if they want more in-depth stuff. I also have a link over there to this site to get the word out. :D

Thanks again, DB and welcome to the site.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm gonna take a look at DM in the next few days, first gonna focus on my new dynasty here if you're interested :p

Update: 19 June 09

North vs South: Cubs best White Sox - 2 out of 3

Wow is Ozzie ever ready to get the heck out of Wrigley. He just watched his boys drop 2 of 3 to the Cubbies, and had a run-in with a couple of T-shirt vendors outside of Wrigley (See Ozzie's Corner.)

The Cubs used good pitching, timely hitting, and team speed in their 2 wins. Ozzie is counting down the days to next week, when he can get revenge, as the Cubs will be coming to his house on the South Side for 3. And, he will be able to have his big bat (Thome) in the lineup for all 3 games.

Sox still in 1st-place with a 2 game lead over the Tribe.

Buehrle again was snake-bit, as he pitched well enough for a win, but did not get the run support he needed. Another no-decision for him, as his record stays at 1-5.

Sox head to Cincy next for a 3-game series with Dusty and his boys. Ozzie is hoping they can break out the brooms and come away with a sweep.

As always, check my DM-page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...%20out%20of%203

"STAY THIRSTY, my friends." :hi:

2vtb5hs.jpg

Aw man, tough loss on the series.  Will the boxscores be available later?  I can't get them up for some reason.

The program I use for the boxscores is contained on the DM forums, which are down at the moment. Hopefully they will be back up before the weekend is out. That's why I made the "Boxscore Unavailable" placeholder. :( Gonna try and work on something to make the boxscores myself, this weekend.

Loss the series, but it was fun playing in Wrigley. There should have been about 6-8 homeruns hit that series, but the wind was blowing in hard.

Oh yeah, that tidbit about Ozzie, really happened: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,7985472.story

Update: 22 June 09

Sox continue to punish the NL, sweeping the Red 3-0. Key to the series was good solid pitching (Ozzie about had a heart attack). Contreras picked up his team leading 8th win, Colon pick up win #7, and Floyd tossed a complete-game shutout in Game 3 for his 5th win of the season.

Thome supplied some thunder off the bench as a pinch-hitter. Let their be no doubt though, he is very glad we are back home with the DH. He still leads the AL in all Triple Crown categories. :D

Hosting the Dodgers for 3 games. They are struggling and are at the bottom of the NL West. Ozzie is hoping to keep the brooms out for another sweep.

Congrats to Tim Lincecum. Tim notched his 500th career strikeout in a game against the Rangers. Read all about in the League News section of the DM Page.

As always, check out the DM Page for full coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...Complete%20Game

STAY THIRSTY, my friends. :hi:

o8vrlw.jpg

Game Recaps

post-30931-1245730720_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1245730871_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1245730890_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the sweep, M.  Man, Thome just continues to pound the ball.  I'm thinking you might have an All-Star.  :)  Good luck with the Dodgers, it's going to be interesting to see how Buerhle handles this next start.

The updates are fantastic!

Congrats on the sweep, M.  Man, Thome just continues to pound the ball.  I'm thinking you might have an All-Star.  :)  Good luck with the Dodgers, it's going to be interesting to see how Buerhle handles this next start.

The updates are fantastic!

Thanks Jay. I love hitting with Thome. Man, when I pulled him off the bench, I went up there looking for something to drive. The first pitch was right in his wheelhouse. He leads in All-Star balloting for 1B.

I'm not going to sleep in the Dodgers just because they are basement dwellers. Those are the teams that can bite you in the backside, if you're not careful. :D

As for Buehrle, I hope I can get him some run support this time.

Was looking over your page, Maestro, and forgive me if this is a stupid question, but do you fill out each and every stat manually?  I'm assuming so since there's no external programs for 2K9 yet, or none that I know of anyway.  But anyhow, I realize how time consuming this can be, that's a lot of impressive work.  

I assuming you do this is before the beer?   ;)

Was looking over your page, Maestro, and forgive me if this is a stupid question, but do you fill out each and every stat manually?  I'm assuming so since there's no external programs for 2K9 yet, or none that I know of anyway.  But anyhow, I realize how time consuming this can be, that's a lot of impressive work.  

I assuming you do this is before the beer?   ;)

Yeah Jay, that is the sad part. All the stats you see on the DM page are manually entered. :cray:

Tha'ts why I said early on, how much I miss & envy all the tools we have for MVP. Now that stadings table is actual an HTML table. I enter all the data into the HTML table then preview it in a browser and take a screen cap. That screencap is then put on that photoshop template (background) that I made. It took me awhile to get the HTML the way I wanted, and then getting everything to pop up over the DM Page when you click a link over there.

I guess you can say, I have my own "lab" that I dissappear into for a few hours every night. The nightly process goes something like:

1. Play the game.

2. Get all the screencaps/video from the game

3. Write the recap

4. Do the boxscore (manual entry)

5. Do the highlight vid for youtube

Crazy huh? I usually don't have a beer(s) till step 5. :D

As I said earlier, this is a labor of "love" for the game of baseball. In the beginning, things were really rough, because I didn't have a process for doing all that. But now, I'ts streamlined to a point to where its doable on a nightly basis. The killer nights are the last games of a series, because not only do I have the stuff to do for the individual game, but I've got the League News, Standings, Stat Leaders. Then the Frontpage which is what I always post over here, plus updating the pitching matchups and my player stats. :wacko:

It's a lot of work, but I wanted to put some quality stuff out there, or I wasn't going to do one at all. Just like we talked about earlier this year before baseball season started. I know you're the same way, anyone can tell judging by the quality of your templates and presentation. :hi:

It's worth it though, because of the few that follow here, and the ones over at DM. Plus it's saving me money cause I'm always home at night thru the week. :D But it's also whey I said I'm retiring after this one :lazy:

But, I just dug out my copy of NHL 2004, thanks to what apocalypse posted. I think I might be hearing a hockey dynasty calling my name this winter. :unsure:

After reading through and browsing everything on the page, it's down right amazing that you ever see sunlight.  It's very impressive.  

I almost feel bad now.  I throw a couple of pictures together, slap some text on it, and toss it out there.   :huh:  Overall, I guess it's a good indicator of one's style of presentation.  I honestly wish more (with either game) serious dynasties would pop up on the site, it's fun to watch how people try and get their 'style' across.

After reading through and browsing everything on the page, it's down right amazing that you ever see sunlight.  It's very impressive.  

I almost feel bad now.  I throw a couple of pictures together, slap some text on it, and toss it out there.   :huh:  Overall, I guess it's a good indicator of one's style of presentation.  I honestly wish more (with either game) serious dynasties would pop up on the site, it's fun to watch how people try and get their 'style' across.

Thanks Jay. And you have no reason to feel bad man. Your dynasties are what pushed me & others into putting out quality stuff. :D Like you said, we just have a different 'style'. I wish I could get into/learn PS like you and my brother.

I'm with you on more serious dynasties for either game as well. You can really tell if a person is having fun with their dynasty and enjoying it enough to put out regular updates. Heck, I'll follow an all text-based dynasty if the quality of the writing is good and the person is serious about it, and enjoying themselves. :)

We've got some good ones this year though. Yours, rookie-ricks, bob44's.. just to name a few. What I like about yours is that I know when I go there for an update, I know I'm going to get some outstanding PS work and the highlights that tell me all I need to know about the game. Visually stunning and concise.

Me, I don't have the PS skills, so I go more for story-telling I guess. I guess I'm a throwback to the old newspaper guys that used to cover a team before the internet and cable. They were the eyes/ears for those that couldn't get to the ballpark. :hi:

I always said, If you and I could combine forces... :drinks:

M, whatyya think of these?

mlb2k92009-06-2421-40-21-24.jpg

mlb2k92009-06-2421-40-29-08.jpg

THe away versions of these feature grey jersey, main black stripe, white border stripes and white SOX across the front, black numbers, and a black hat with grey bill.

The other hybrid jerseys I made were something like ...

[1] Sox Alt black jersey with white piping around the collar/buttons, trimmed in grey with white pants and white socks (hybrid of the 1941 home and 09 alternate home).

[2] All white home jersey with black Sox on the left side, with an all white cap with black bill (hybrid of current home and 1919 home)

[3] Grey jersey with blank pinstripes and black Sox on the upper left chest, with a grey cap with black "seams" and black bill (hybrid of away jersey and 1919 away)

[4] Road jersey ... all black (top and pants) with black "Chicago script" trimmed in white, black cap with black bill and 80's style "SOX" in white (hybrid of 77 all blue away and 09 versions), white sox with two black stripes.

[5] the two classics jerseys (1985) with te black, grey and white color scheme.

[6] one other one that I am forgetting, maybe 1930 away hybrid?

Archived