Back In Black: A 2009 Chicago Whitesox Franchise

Maestro23

Update:

Sox take care of business in Minnesota, sweeping the Twins 3-0. Game 3 was a 14-inning affair, with the Sox rallying for 7 un-answered runs. J. Dye feasted on the Twins' pitching staff all series, having a monster series.

Contreras picked up win #18, and Jenks notched his MLB leading 30th save.

Still have a 2 game lead over the Tribe.

Getting ready to host Boston on the South Side, and Ozzie & Co. are looking for a little payback. If you recall, Boston gave us a good 'ole fashioned #$%@-whooping in Fenway last time (Winning the series 3-1).

As always, check my DM-Page for full-coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...3&sport=mlb

STAY THIRSTY, my friends. :drinks:

alni1e.jpg

Twins' Series Recap & League News

post-30931-1254746038_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1254746052_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1254746066_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1254746093_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1254746109_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1254746128_thumb.jpg

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the sweep, M, looks like Dye drove the bus in that series.  7-14 (.500), 4 HR's, 2B, and 10 RBI's?   :o

Man, I can't get that kind of production out of my team in a week.  Seriously though, it's a good thing you're getting these wins, it looks like the Tribe is still on your heels.  

Anyway, excellent updates as always and good luck this coming week, Dice K, Beckett, Lester and Wakefield.  Glad it's you and not me.   B)

Congrats on the sweep, M, looks like Dye drove the bus in that series.  7-14 (.500), 4 HR's, 2B, and 10 RBI's?   :o

Man, I can't get that kind of production out of my team in a week.  Seriously though, it's a good thing you're getting these wins, it looks like the Tribe is still on your heels.  

Anyway, excellent updates as always and good luck this coming week, Dice K, Beckett, Lester and Wakefield.  Glad it's you and not me.   B)

Thanks Jay.

Yeah, Dye is just smoking the ball lately. Good thing he is, because my other big stick (Thome) is just stinking up the place. You saw what he did in the last game... not a dang thing. He came up 3 times with chances to drive in runs, and I couldn't make good contact for nothing. I don't get it: 1st half of the season, he was the hub of the offense. Now I just can't do anything with him. Have you had a player like that, this year?

Dang Tribe swept their series as well. They're like my shadow. <_<

I'm so looking forward to this Boston series. I owe them big time for that massacre at Fenway, but that battery of arms they've got going... is going to make it dang tough. Lester and Dice-K both threw shutouts against me last time. And we don't exactly burn it up at home (36-30). :unknw:

Thanks for checking in Jay. Are you ready for your big game today? Man, wish we had tested out that broadcast function of XFire sometime during the course of the season. See how good it worked. Would love to watch you play this game. B)

Good luck man.

Thanks Jay.

Yeah, Dye is just smoking the ball lately. Good thing he is, because my other big stick (Thome) is just stinking up the place. You saw what he did in the last game... not a dang thing. He came up 3 times with chances to drive in runs, and I couldn't make good contact for nothing. I don't get it: 1st half of the season, he was the hub of the offense. Now I just can't do anything with him. Have you had a player like that, this year?

If there was anyone, I'd have to say Eric Chavez.  He started out pretty solid, and then just sort of faded away.  No power, no contact, nothing really.  In hindsight though,  and where I'm at right now, Holliday would have been the difference maker.  He was hitting around .290 with 22 HR's when I had to trade him in July, and if I'd been able to keep him, I probably would have won this division by 4 or 5 games.

Thanks for checking in Jay. Are you ready for your big game today?

Honestly, I'm kind of not looking forward to it.  I look at this lineup, and then at my pitching, and I just don't see anyway "through" it.  I really would love to be playing more baseball.  As you know, when I turn the key, I don't look back.  Whatever happens, happens.  I really couldn't feel good about it any other way, and I'd hate to feel (all winter) like I cheated.  I just can't do it.   :huh:  

Good luck man.

Thanks for following, M.  It's been fun, and I'll give it my best as always.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Sox manage a 2-2 split with Boston, who continues to be a pain in our backside. Every game with them is a battle. They took the 1st 2, including a 10-2 butt-whooping in the 1st game. Dice-K went the distance.

Cleveland keeps on winning, staying 2 behind us.

Oakland swings in for a quick 2 games before we head off to the West Coast to visit the Angels.

As always, check my DM-Page for full coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...3&sport=mlb

STAY THIRSTY, my friends. :hi:

5br33p.jpg

Boston Series Recap & League News

post-30931-1256043654_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1256043666_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1256043676_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1256043688_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1256043751_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1256043764_thumb.jpg

post-30931-1256043776_thumb.jpg

Good to see you back posting this, M.  Wow man, you got the split on 3 1-run games, very nice.  Especially against a good Boston team.  What was the deal against Dice K?  He didn't walk or K anyone, and gave up 9 hits, did you wind up leaving a ton of men on base?  On a different note, wouldn't you love to have Cliff Lee (21 game winner) in your starting rotation?   

Anyway man, looks like you're staying two steps ahead of the Tribe at this point, but I know how quickly that can dissipate.  Don't let up.   B)  

Great job on the updates as always, looks like you did someting on the pics for even better quality, but I can't quite tell what it is.  Excellent stuff.   :good:

Good to see you back posting this, M.  Wow man, you got the split on 3 1-run games, very nice.  Especially against a good Boston team.  What was the deal against Dice K?  He didn't walk or K anyone, and gave up 9 hits, did you wind up leaving a ton of men on base?  On a different note, wouldn't you love to have Cliff Lee (21 game winner) in your starting rotation?   

Anyway man, looks like you're staying two steps ahead of the Tribe at this point, but I know how quickly that can dissipate.  Don't let up.   B)  

Great job on the updates as always, looks like you did someting on the pics for even better quality, but I can't quite tell what it is.  Excellent stuff.   :good:

Thanks Jay.

I've some of my stressful (but enjoyable) games against Boston. They just never quit. Can't take an at-bat off against them, especially when your on the mound. Dice-K came right at me all game. I couldn't take any pitches really, because he was getting some good calls from the ump. I felt like I was in Boston. lol

When I did hit the ball, it was always right at someone. Seems like they catch everything. As for men LOB... I stranded so many, I could fill out 3 lineup cards with them alone. -_-

As for Cliff Lee, I wish I would have sent his butt to the NL. Every time I look up, he's won another game & the Tribe is like my shadow. If I could get him and Sabathia to stumble a little, Contreras would be the front runner for the Cy Young. :D

As for the pics... Jay I did something, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. :huh: Although, you do know I do my updates with a beer in hand. :drinks:

Maybe I need to dig into those books my bro gave me. I skimmed through the PS Bible last night, and it looks to be full of good stuff. Can't wait to see what you can dig out of it. By the way, where you able to get them OK?

Tonight when I get home, I'll knock out those 2 games against your boys & hopefully come up with 2 wins. :D

Thanks Jay.

I've some of my stressful (but enjoyable) games against Boston. They just never quit. Can't take an at-bat off against them, especially when your on the mound. Dice-K came right at me all game. I couldn't take any pitches really, because he was getting some good calls from the ump. I felt like I was in Boston. lol

When I did hit the ball, it was always right at someone. Seems like they catch everything. As for men LOB... I stranded so many, I could fill out 3 lineup cards with them alone. -_-

As for Cliff Lee, I wish I would have sent his butt to the NL. Every time I look up, he's won another game & the Tribe is like my shadow. If I could get him and Sabathia to stumble a little, Contreras would be the front runner for the Cy Young. :D

As for the pics... Jay I did something, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. :huh: Although, you do know I do my updates with a beer in hand. :drinks:

Maybe I need to dig into those books my bro gave me. I skimmed through the PS Bible last night, and it looks to be full of good stuff. Can't wait to see what you can dig out of it. By the way, where you able to get them OK?

It's not a big deal, but actually the link you gave me only takes me to some sort of 'front page' to Media Fire.  I've made an account, but I still go to the same place.  Like I said, not a big deal, I could be doing something wrong.

Oh, and take it easy on my boys, would ya?  They've been through enough this year.   :D

It's not a big deal, but actually the link you gave me only takes me to some sort of 'front page' to Media Fire.  I've made an account, but I still go to the same place.  Like I said, not a big deal, I could be doing something wrong.

Oh, and take it easy on my boys, would ya?  They've been through enough this year.   :D

Nah, I think it was my fault. I'll upload again this evening, and shoot you a PM when it's ready.

Update:

Sox sweep 2-game series with Oakland. Colon picks up win #14 & Jenks gets 32nd save, which leads the Majors.

J. Dye is still on fire, putting up Triple Crown numbers.

Cleveland keeps pace, winning their series to stay 2 back of Chicago.

Sox head to LA for 3-game series with the Angels. They've had success against LA this year, going 5-1. Contreras will be looking for his 19th win.

As always, check my DM-Page for for coverage: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...3&sport=mlb

*League News will be updated every other series until the end of the season.

STAY THIRSTY, my friends. :hi:

2mg1a54.jpg

Oakland Series Recap:

post-30931-1256144509_thumb.png

post-30931-1256144527_thumb.png

Archived