Wicked Sliders

Wicked420

quick question wicked. Are you getting any home runs without using the left stick as influence? The one thing I'm having trouble with is getting some "accidental homers" say with a number 8 hitter taking a 1-2 pitch out without any stick.

quick question wicked. Are you getting any home runs without using the left stick as influence? The one thing I'm having trouble with is getting some "accidental homers" say with a number 8 hitter taking a 1-2 pitch out without any stick.

I don't get them very often. In 20 or so games I got 3 non-left stick HR's, 2 with Khalil Greene of STL and the other with Pujols. I use the left stick with my power hitters and wait for a good pitch to send out of the park. I can usually get a HR a game.

I now have stick influence at 80 and I did hit an accidental homer. 1-2 count and the cpu threw a terrible slider on the inner half which ended up getting lined over the LF wall.

Have you or anyone else tinkered with the IE influence? I saw CC was yakking about it on the 2k forums and it may be something to look into. I know someone removed IE all together and was happy with it but I havent seen an update in a couple weeks.

I'm going to drop the IE influence to 50 and see if it does anything.

I've also removed IE. The first thing I noticed was that the AI will throw a 2-seamer (from as RHP) to a LHB that starts inside (thinking it's a ball) and moving over the inside corner (waist high).

They will also throw curves over the plate in the zone ... which on this game, makes them harder to recognize, and harder to hit.

I was pleasantly surprised with the play with IE off. We (2k forums) had always thought that everything was built around IE, and it turns out, it's not. I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

I'm still figuring what to do with sliders using the rosters with lowered contact. I don't really want to use left stick, but will if required. I'll try lowering the batting pitch influence to 75. All default levels have it at 75, and the sliders I am currently using have it at 90. In 5 games without using left stick, I have one bomb, and about 5 balls off the wall or one-hopping it ... given the contact I made and the batters I was using at the time (Magglio, Pujols), half of those balls shoulda been yard ... and realistically so. Minor tweak, nothing drastic.

I've got my fingers crossed because with ball cursor off, IE removed, dynamic indicator locked, MVPComm 1.2 rosters, etc the game is playing really well, and enjoyable, for me (although I did have a costly OF glitch a few games ago ... 2-out, 2-on).

I also have eliminated the IE....I have set the Batting Pitch Influence at 30 for both the User and CPU.

After playing 8 games with the Community Roster I have hit 11 homers as the User, without using the LS. The CPU has only hit 3 so after playing a few more games I may lower the CPU's BPI even lower.

So far, I have some very interesting stats after 8 games and will wait until 10 games before posting my results in the Community Roster thread.

Safe to say though, the Community Roster has made a difference....a positive difference.

Last game I played this morning. I hit 4 homers, two without the LS! I also stole two bases now that I'm watching the K zone disappear.

I'd rather have the k zone off but with it on fade it seems to be an acceptable compromise. I'm quite excited that I may have found something that works but it's too early to tell for sure.

I'm using a mix of JR's and Wicked's with my own adjustments, and IE ratings at 50 instead of 100 for now.

The ratings I put at 50 were the batter 50 for Batter IE and CPU IE.

Also the pitcher pitch selection at 50

are you guys using wicked sliders with ie deleted?

I'm using Darkspace's sliders (allow for unlocking of cards ... it's not so much the card itself but the challenge of accomploishing what it says on the back ... namely for opponents), but will attest that Wicked's sliders are very good.

I, like Hoop, am using a mix...Mostly JR with a bit of Wicked, a pinch of Hoop and a dash of my own "experiments".

Regardless, I think the basic reason for game improvements (at least from my viewpoint) is due to the Community effort on the rosters.

I'm using 30-30-100-30 (batting success, contact, power and pitch influence) for both User and CPU.

For CPU pitching I'm using 30-45-5-10 (pitch success, selection tendency, strike zone tendency and pitch zone tendency.

Slowed down fielding speed for both User and CPU to 50...Noticed a reduction in the amount of super plays by the inflelders.

After one more game (for those interested) I'm going to post results in the Community Roster thread....Want to play at least 10 games before posting anything and even then it irepresents just a snapshot of what stats have shown to date.

I have been using the settings in this thread or ones close to it for a while now. I made this video a while back. I was able to get the CPU to watch strikes but lately after the recent patch I can't get em to look at strikes at all now.

Video of the sliders in work. This was over two games.

Thanks for the sliders wicked, I tried them out and I must say it made for a much better game. I need to work on my patience at the plate. I did seem to get several throwing errors, but that might just have been me. I will play a few more games before I make any tweaks. Thank You.

I also have eliminated the IE....I have set the Batting Pitch Influence at 30 for both the User and CPU.

After playing 8 games with the Community Roster I have hit 11 homers as the User, without using the LS. The CPU has only hit 3 so after playing a few more games I may lower the CPU's BPI even lower.

So far, I have some very interesting stats after 8 games and will wait until 10 games before posting my results in the Community Roster thread.

Safe to say though, the Community Roster has made a difference....a positive difference.

Okay i would be really interested in your sliders... I am trying to find sliders were i can hit some hr's without having to use the Left Stick. Granted i play as the Power hitting Giants so i know i won't have many and i do know one problem why i don't is because i swing at about every pitch. Basically a miracle if i let one by or i put the controller on the ground...lol But with mixed sliders i have probably played 25ish games with 0 hrs and gettting a little irritated.... just found were wicked said it is with pitching influence so i am currently gonna try that as well...

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. I hate how unrealistic the game is so I am happy to hear tweaking the sliders actually does something. Thanks in advance to everyone who posts the results of all their trial and error attempts in making the game more realistic.

How are you guys playing with the AI Steal Aggression set so high? Every player with speed will try to steal second and third, no matter the situation. Am I the only one experiencing this?

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, I have a new set of user hitting sliders. I was having some HR troubles before, but after 20 or so games with these, that problem seems solved.

I DO NOT USE THE LEFT STICK with these HR sliders.

User Hitting:

Batting Success: 20 (Was 40)

Batting Contact: 70 (Was 35)

Batting Power: 100 (Same as before)

AI Pitch:

AI Pitch Success: 60 (Was 45)

Please post your results. I'm curious if anyone else will have success with these, or just me.

Archived