2k9 -- Uniform Modding Question ...

CircleChange11

Okay, the guys that did uni modding for MVP are spectacular. Spungo, Red Sox, High Heat32, and others.

I was looking at the 2k9 uni template and was thinking that it looked like it could be broken into layers and some of the "uniform parts" from the MVP unis could be C&P or "free transform,ed" into those layers/spots of the 2k9 unis, and then possibly some editing to make it "smooth" looking.

Has anyone tried this? Interested in trying it? I am asking because I can do some things with photoshop, but I don't know jack about using a program to get it back in the game.

There are like over 500 great unis that were made for the MVP series, I don't want to them see them lost to the 2k9 community, and I don't want to ask all of those great modders to remake all of their jerseys for 2k9.

I know these jerseys could not be released without their permission, and I would not do so. But, if we, as a community, were able to take the already created jerseys and be able to "mosaic" them into the 2k9 template, they might approve a release with due credit.

It looks possible to me. I'll try it when I get home. I'll try something simple, like a white home jersey for KC. They have a pretty simple setup.

i did the template your talking about. i thought about this idea myself, and i know its been discussed some, but i don't i think we come to any answer that it could be one. on know on there surface it looks like it could be done, but i don't know if in practitlce terms if doable.

one reason is looking at alignment issues specally with the front a back. the pants and sleves are slightly more straight forward. the issues the uniforms charctors in 2k9 are generated by the games maps and lighting, like the wricles moving, where mvp are built into the uniform peices themselves. they'd have be cleared way.

so the answer is its possible yes, but practiical doable, its would be very hard. you also half rememeber 2k9 uses one layer for the uniform it self, with all the maping and effects under it in its layers, where mvp uses three different front's, backs and pants to achive the uniforms.

Archived