Tywiggins Roster Editor

Wicked420

First off I think that credit should go where the credit is due.
Yes it should

It was the community that helped to map what variable needed to be changed to effect certain attributes in the game.
Please list those community members that helped out? If by community you mean ONE other person well then OK. But I'll let you in a little secret, Ty was working on this before March 26th. Hell I know the exact minute he started started working on it at 8:51 pm on March 3rd

However I do have one question, are the folks who contributed to the maping of the variables being compensated or even recognized for their efforts?
Can you name more that one?

You have taken others research and efforts and used the information to develop this tool. Their is a general concensus that due to the effort put in to making the tool the author should be compensated. What about the folks that provided the reasearch and information they put in just as much effort and time to make this possible. I believed that most were providing the information expecting to recieve a tool that they can use in the future but are now being asked to pay for it. This just seems a little hypocritical if you ask me.
hypocritical?

Two separate people mapped out the roster file and have since compared notes, 99% of these findings overlapped. The other 1% helped each other out. Maybe you should do some research before you go running your month. You are just looking to get something for nothing

hypocritical?

Eventhough, I am tempted to pay (as I want to edit my franchise) I will pass and wait for someone else to post a free editor.
You could be waiting a while, how many people made programs for MVP?

3, that's right just 3

Rglass95

Ty

RichK

Compmaniac, Fuzzone and myself just made frontends for multiple programs to make things easier for others

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any plans to make the editor for MLB2K9 fully functional in the way the MVP editor is? What I mean is edit players, easily move them from team to team, edit portraits, etc? I know the game has not been out that long yet, just wondering if that was in the plans. Great job by the way!

Yes. Right now I'm working on adding about 40 more values for the players.

My plan after that is to be able to move players from team to team, set lineups, etc...

Editing portraits is not currently on my list, but if/when it becomes doable, I'll consider adding that in.

Yes it should

Please list those community members that helped out? If by community you mean ONE other person well then OK. But I'll let you in a little secret, Ty was working on this before March 26th. Hell I know the exact minute he started started working on it at 8:51 pm on March 3rd

Can you name more that one?

hypocritical?

Two separate people mapped out the roster file and have since compared notes, 99% of these findings overlapped. The other 1% helped each other out. Maybe you should do some research before you go running your month. You are just looking to get something for nothing

hypocritical?

You could be waiting a while, how many people made programs for MVP?

3, that's right just 3

Rglass95

Ty

RichK

Compmaniac, Fuzzone and myself just made frontends for multiple programs to make things easier for others

This is such a cheesy thing to say but.

pwned.

Never thought I was the excuse for a fight. :huh:

I do have suggestion for people who wants to edit players.

1. Check out my thread first, and look for the information you need. Most of them are straightforward, yet name changing is really tedious.

I do roster editing a lot, and have fun with it.

2. Or go and make youself a roster editor with all those information.

This is a tough road. It never cross my mind that I make myself one, 'cause it's too darn hard. B)

3. Or use someone's roster editor.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, Ty. :D

version 0.09 now available

new in this version:

Throwing Arm

Injury Status

Injury Type (due to crashing issue, this is not currently editable)

Rookie Eligible

Injury Duration

DL Days left

Years Pro

Batting Side

Annual Salary

Contract Length

Height

Weight

Catcher's Ability 1

Catcher's Ability 2

Catcher's Ability 3

Out by Strikeouts

PBP ID #2

Generated Player ID #1

Generated Player ID #2

Unknown ID #1

Unknown ID #2

Pitcher's Inside Edge ID #1

Pitcher's Inside Edge ID #2

Hitter's Inside Edge ID #1

Hitter's Inside Edge ID #2

Trading Card Number

Jersey Number

Generic Batting Stance

thanks to Tony3 for many of these

http://www.eamods.com/index.php/View-detai...ter-Editor.html

I want to take a chance to thank all who helped get this program up and running. I have no issues with paying for a mod, if that is what is being asked. TY, Tony3, Kraw and anyone else......Thank You......

Whats does generic batting stance do? Can i change the stances?

Also, does this editor work on created players?

There are about 7 generic batting stances.

Anyone that doesn't have their own batting stance uses the generic batting stance for when they are not set and for when they are set.

For players that have their own batting stance, the generic batting stance is used when you set the batter.

Also: the generic batting stance is not saving. I'll fix it and release a new version.

New version is up.

This fixes an error with generic batting stance. If you've saved any players with version 0.09, the player's generic batting stance will likely have changed. This is because I was unintentionally reading the batting stance from the wrong place. But I was saving it in the correct place.

is there a description of the 7 generic batting stances?

The 7 generic batting stances are:

closed medium

normal high

normal low

normal medium

open normal low

open normal medium

wide medium

I'm don't know which values go with each stance.

I am very intrested in getting thie editor Ty. Can you answer a few thing for me first please.

Do I need anything special on my pc to use this?

What can I do with the editor- I play in franchise mode right now and up to june on the schedule

Is it easy to use?

I currently dowload the mods here to change the stadiums can a simple user use the editor.

Thank you for any answers and input you may have to assist.

I am very intrested in getting thie editor Ty. Can you answer a few thing for me first please.

Do I need anything special on my pc to use this?

What can I do with the editor- I play in franchise mode right now and up to june on the schedule

Is it easy to use?

I currently dowload the mods here to change the stadiums can a simple user use the editor.

Thank you for any answers and input you may have to assist.

It's pretty easy to use. You can edit many values for every player. If you want to see what all you can edit, just download the program and run it.

You need to have Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable installed:

for 32 bit windows

for 64 bit windows

You also need to have .NET Framework installed. I targeted it for .NET Framework 3.5, but I believe .NET Framework 2.0 works as well.

.NET Framework 3.5 download link

Very cool the DL any idea when or if you will be able to institute the injury type. I'm pretty happy with just being able to put them on the DL can't wait to give it a try.

I think I'll have to go through all the possible values and see which ones crash the game. There are 1024 possible values.

So far, 14 of the values have crashed the game. And I have 25 values that work. Most of the ones that work, I found by looking at players that are already injured.

So I have a lot of testing to do on that.

Also, I don't know if putting players on the DL with my program works. I've had one report that it crashes the game.

I think I'll have to go through all the possible values and see which ones crash the game. There are 1024 possible values.

So far, 14 of the values have crashed the game. And I have 25 values that work. Most of the ones that work, I found by looking at players that are already injured.

So I have a lot of testing to do on that.

Also, I don't know if putting players on the DL with my program works. I've had one report that it crashes the game.

I put Julio Lugo on the DL mainly because he is a bum and I don't need him taking up a roster spot. So far no crash and I am very happy with this update. Worth every penny of the $10 it costs to register :)

Version 0.11 is up.

In Version 0.10, if you save a player, you'll get 4 messages that pop up before you get the "player saved" message. I put these in when I was debugging the error with batting stances, and forgot to remove them after I got it fixed. They are removed for Version 0.11.

For those that haven't registered my program:

Version 0.11 is a new 14 day trial. For the first 3 days you can edit .fxg (franchise) files.

Archived